Do you think Klei will surprise us with something for August QoL?

I want to bump this thread just for the sake of bumping it.. (and also because I didn’t want to create a brand new thread just for this..)

But it’s AUGUST 1st... the count down begins now there’s 30 days left in this month. :) 

Usually we are given a bit more information ahead of time, i.e teasers, but they've been pretty hush-hush about the QOL update for this month, so it'll either be a basic patch and buff update, or they'll completely surprise us with something totally new. Although, they've put out big update after big update, (Walter, She Sells She Shells, Troubled Waters, etc) So I'm not really getting my hopes up for something extra.

Either way, I'm happy with it. Klei gives this game a lot of attention, and they deserve a break every once in awhile.

1 minute ago, SnowdropPax said:

Usually we are given a bit more information ahead of time, i.e teasers, but they've been pretty hush-hush about the QOL update for this month, so it'll either be a basic patch and buff update, or they'll completely surprise us with something totally new. Although, they've put out big update after big update, (Walter, She Sells She Shells, Troubled Waters, etc) So I'm not really getting my hopes up for something extra.

Either way, I'm happy with it. Klei gives this game a lot of attention, and they deserve a break every once in awhile.

it could also just be that since fixing wavey the forums have been fairly quiet. there aren't nearly as many people milling about not playing the game(which sucks for people like me who take frequent breaks) so klei doesn't have to spend as much time keeping the forum placated with information drips

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

it could also just be that since fixing wavey the forums have been fairly quiet. there aren't nearly as many people milling about not playing the game(which sucks for people like me who take frequent breaks) so klei doesn't have to spend as much time keeping the forum placated with information drips

True, but even the update logs usually have teasers for the next update, and aside from mentioning that it was a QOL update, they've told us nothing else.

I have noticed that the forums have been rather quiet, but it seems like they are only really active right after an update.

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

or right before. people get very frisky over expected content, haha

There’s a few of us who are always active here regardless of if there’s an update coming or not, I was going to be one of those people who only posts 1 or 2 threads then disappears into obscurity as one of the silent lurker types, but I later decided where’s the fun in that?! So I decided to voice my opinions anywhere and everywhere about well anything.

I suppose that there’s no harm done, but I likely drive some of you a bit crazy. 
We all want to see this game grow bigger, better, and full of fun (and challenging) stuff to do- That’s why I try to go around being unbiased in my posts.

While I PERSONALLY want to see a lot of DS Single Player levels of difficulty added into DST.. 

I also understand and respect that at the exact same time the game can be made Easier and less stressful for people who want a more easy going casual gameplay experience.

While there’s been no details about August’s QoL update- Klei said they will use this time to take a break from planned Return of Them Content and Character reworks to get around to doing things they have wanted to do with the game for a very long time but have not found the time to do in between their busy schedule.

This could literally mean anything.. anything at all, or it could mean nothing. But what we DO KNOW FOR CERTAIN is whenever this QoL update arrives it will also reveal the next Character rework coming in September

And while lots of people want it to be “Webber” I want it to be “Walani” or Woodlegs, because September has a Pirate Themed Holiday in that month.. and what better time to introduce the pirate characters? <3

Klei already "surprised" me with new quotes for Wurt if she gets wet:

ANNOUNCE_DAMP = "Bit soggy...",
    ANNOUNCE_WET = "Feel too soggy now...",
    ANNOUNCE_WETTER = "Too wet... even for Mermfolk, florp.",
    ANNOUNCE_SOAKED = "Is too much water! Too much!",

Yet there are still some quotes showing that she enjoys water:

ANNOUNCE_SHELTER = "Why not play in rain, florp?",
    ANNOUNCE_WASHED_ASHORE = "Had good swim!",
    BOATPATCH = "Why patch? Let water in, florpt!",
    WETGOOP = "Usually like wet goopy things...",

I bet they'll be patched too, sooner or later.

Archived