Lasers confirmed?

In the newest DLC teaser something resembling a laser beam is seen travelling from one point to a receptor on the other. We can't see the sender, but the receptor with its design looks similar to pipe sensors already in the game.

1849672428_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0413-33-52.png.e169eafbeff3f1a2cfb64f4fe97de41b.png

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 13-30-44.png

by the standard of appearance it is part of this main machine, since they combine in design, so it doesn’t seem to be something that can be used alone or separately, as was said, I believe it is used to connect another machine that didn’t appear in the trailer

when I saw it I thought it was an xD directional fan

4 hours ago, Tytan said:

by the standard of appearance it is part of this main machine, since they combine in design, so it doesn’t seem to be something that can be used alone or separately, as was said, I believe it is used to connect another machine that didn’t appear in the trailer

Probably. Because otherwise the real question is what does it do?

55 minutes ago, TripleM999 said:

For me it looks like some kind of lab... LHC or something... to research nucular and in general radiation technology.

Actually, it is some kind of power or matter feed to the research console (or whatever it is):

feed.png.c81b003e21051a2186472c1161ade350.png

1 minute ago, TripleM999 said:

Exactly... that is the reason, i think, it is for research... no water or dirt, but power/radiation. The "lit workspace" irritates me. ;)

What is interesting is that it uses sort of "direction changers", not pipes or wires. That would be in line with how, for example, microwave radiation gets directed into fusion experiments.

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

What is interesting is that it uses sort of "direction changers", not pipes or wires. That would be in line with how, for example, microwave radiation gets directed into fusion experiments.

I think, we have to wait for the release to finally find out. HYPEEEE.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

feed.png.c81b003e21051a2186472c1161ade350.png

Now that you pointed it out, it might work like these set of mirrors to transport some particles without the need for any physical container like pipes.

Light and Mirrors Puzzle - TV Tropes

5 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Probably. Because otherwise the real question is what does it do?

I think it's the machine that does the nuclear research, as well as the Telescope and similar ones

so just like the Telescope has the virtual planetarium, this machine must be one of the parts.

@TripleM999 He took the words out of my mouth.

They had a very unsafe surface in the example.  I would expect them to rework the surface asteroids along with the rockets.  Like really.  That "airlock" isn't safe at all from meteors.  If you've got a dozen different bases going they will really have to tune back meteors or you'll have all the areas covered in them.

Archived