Majestix

Walter is awesome. And no, he does not need a buff!

Mike23Ua    5580

Walter sucks, anyone can access Woby, and if everyone is playing as Walter then everyone has a Look alike Woby, they get mixed up and confused, there’s too many Walters at the Campfire trying to tell the same Story, His incredibly fast rate of hunger drain means you can’t get up from your console longer then 8 minutes without returning to discover that surprise?!!! You died of Starvation!

His hunger is the only thing other than “Everything Woby” that I Dislike about Walter.. Everything else is perfect.

Woby on the other hand... could use some more life- Shes a trained pet... yet she only behaves like a walking storage box.

CARRAT Was a better pet- You feed it, you took care of it, you trained it to perform better, you could customize its colors by feeding it different type of seeds, and Your Carrat could Also DIE If You did not take care of It.

TL:DR- Walter is Aight... Woby is a Disappointment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Mike23Ua    5580

My point wasn’t that she was a portable Beefalo, my point was that you do not actively have to feed or heal her like you do Carrat, Abigail, Bernie etc.. Woby is Invincible, nothing harms her 

Meanwhile just leaving my Carrat on the ground had him at risk of being eaten by the nearest rabbit that came along.

But I get it- some people like really easy games, they don’t care for the added stress of playing a uncompromising survival simulator, I just can’t get behind the idea of Woby being a Trained dog that doesn’t do well uhhh “Dog Stuff” 

We should have more interaction with Woby if she’s intended to be a pet and not just a walking storage chest.

Small Form Woby could sniff out hunts, Play Fetch.. Ya Know “Dog Stuff”

But in an Uncompromising wilderness survival game, where my little pet Carrat was NOT Invincible and could actually end up dying & turning into Leafy Meat.. Woby just feels Disappointing.

As for how to Address multiple Wobys in a Server- Why don’t they have colored scarfs For example Player 1 is Red, Player 2 is Yellow, Player 3 is Green.. etc.

Would be the simplest most noticeable thing to tell the differences between who’s Woby is Who’s I would think.

• Like 3

zee_dragon    1288
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Carrat on the ground had him at risk of being eaten by the nearest rabbit

Quick question, how does a rabbit shove a veggie rat (Which I'm pretty sure are larger than the Constant's rabbits) down its throat?

• Haha 1

Mike23Ua    5580
1 minute ago, zee_dragon said:

Quick question, how does a rabbit shove a veggie rat (Which I'm pretty sure are larger than the Constant's rabbits) down its throat?

Honestly? Idk.. Cartoon drawn Rabbits Just seem to nibble Carrots at an alarmingly fast rate of speed.. Just ask this Guy.

F772CFE4-7F36-42F2-9D24-A37C0FE3D671.jpeg

• Confused 1

Pikapikap    664
10 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I feel you're a bit too fixated on contextually opposed perks / penalties.  You don't need to have a move speed penalty in order to gain a move speed advantage.  If he was forced to rely on his ranged attack, like if his melee were penalized to force him to use his perk, not only would this be kinda bland because the game is giving you a "penalty" that is already solved inherently in his kit, but it would also mean they would have to buff his ranged combat to replace his lost melee ability and it would be too OP.  The fact that the ranged combat is more supplementary, with melee still being an option to lay down some dps allows the ranged to fit in the game and be useful even with its much lower dps.

Some perks are more quirky and some penalties are more flavorful than they are actual downsides.  Such as Willow cooking on her lighter, or holding Bernie to gain sanity.  These are used very rarely when I play Willow, if at all.  Similarly the wetness penalty of WX is pretty tame now.  I don't know when I last died to rain...  So Walter having a bee allergy is just kinda fun.

Also - kinda getting sick of you uncompromising snobs continually shoving that mod into every subject you talk about.  Like I get it, you want some ungodly difficult mode, go chat with Mike about it and leave this forum about the real game.

bravo 

ArubaroBeefalo    2918

I see pointless having a downside to have a perk that nullifies it, maybe for few perks like wendys damage or wortox food mechanic, but not for all

Walter already has psinergies between his perks like having a mount to shot his unique range weapon, having his sanity mechanics and being able to sleep longer, happy near trees and tell stories, having low stats but range weapon.

Maybe his perks are not 100% oriented to his personality (you dont need to be a scout to have that weapon and s dog) but the character is so interesting, has a unique way to play (for me with this is enough) and unique mechanics.

For the balance i have nothing more to say that others or myself have said. Its a difficult but fun character and that, atleast for me, is more than enough. Klei could give us a simple and op or useless charactrr for free but they released an unique character. Could be stronger? Maybe, (no need, is good to have variety of difficulties when the world is always the same) but atleast hasnt got non sense perks like wurts king and his collection of rot and seeds

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    5580

I’m playing on an XBOX we don’t have Mods.. and we will not EVER have Mods. When I talk about an Uncompromising Mode.. (MODE NOT MOD) I am talking very specifically about a currently Non-Existent Game Mode created, and Designed by Klei Developers (and not Mod Creators) a MODE (again Not MOD....) That Harkens DST Back to its Roots-

Something adding Don’t Starve Giant Edition (The Single Player version of DS) Levels of Difficulty- Like challenging Puzzles of Campaign Mode, or all the additional challenging stuff Klei Added that made the game Harder with their DLC Add-Ons

Here are a few examples-

Shipwrecked has its own “At Sea” Version of a Insanity creature that looks like lochness monster.. DST has- Oh wait that’s right..

Hamlet has Entire Biomes you can’t even step foot into without first wearing protective gear- DST has- oh.. oh yeah.

Chopping Trees in Hamlet can spawn Scorpions, Snakes or Squirrels all of which are designed to either kill you, or make the game more challenging by stealing the seeds you wouldve used to make new trees and eating them.

Telling me to go discuss some (not created by Klei) Player created MOD does not help ME in any way get an actual Mode designed by Klei.

And here’s the TL:DR facts- If Klei can’t provide the same Uncompromising feelings of the single player game by creating harder modes.. harder difficulty toggles, New biomes you have to sail out to find harder SOMETHING drawing Inspiration from their Single Player game and its Add-Ons... Then DST is always going to feel like a game that’s lost it’s way.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3