Walter is awesome. And no, he does not need a buff!

17 minutes ago, psychotwilight said:

How’s that end up working? Does it reset their charging up animation, and is it effective at dispersing crowds of bishops?

I'm probably not the best to get into details with since I haven't done it a lot.  I've mostly just tested with it to explore the interactions, I haven't had a lot of time to really play DST for the last few weeks.  However I do know that there are players who put these interactions into practice and can rush ruins pretty well with him.

For multiple bishops you're probably going to need to tank through 1 of them, but when you're 1v1 with a Bishop you just need to learn when to switch and shoot poop.  Due to the long windup on Walter's slingshot you need to start your attack animation slightly before the Bishop starts his.  As long as you hit the Bishop before he launches his attack his projectile will fizzle, and you can switch back to the hambat.  Its something like poop shot => 4 hambat swings => poop shot.

Again others with more experience pulling off the run could probably give better answers, but from my tests this works just fine with Bishops.  Great for the surface too!

Archived