What do you think of Walter’s allergy of bee’s?

Share your opinions!

I honestly think it’s a fair downside to his perks considering early game I get honey (and sometimes for bee boxes)

And I absolutely hate killer bees so there’s that...not to mention bee queen, but I don’t really fight optional bosses unless it’s for a challenge or something, though I know many of you do! Her drops are pretty good, and from what I’ve seen the grumblebees are a bit annoying

It seems like a superfluous downside, nothing in his kit has anything synergy with bees, or honey, or bee boxes, or anything.

Same goes for the rest of his perks and 'downsides'.

Not to mention the fact that getting hit by bees rarely ever happens, even if you are going for bee boxes early on.

Given the bee queen kite pattern, is pretty difficult to attack her 100% of the time, so if Walter (being ranged) attacks her, She should focus him.

The allergy ensures he also has to to be more careful with this particularry boss.

In my opinion its a very specific downside but it ensures he is not op killing the bee. It's also a very themed downside (kids and allergies) which i really like

i would say some sort of speed down to walter while waltzing past bees. mostly to keep them very bad throughout by making him, say, lose speed once a bee gets close enough to trigger the allergies, with either a full speed loss at enough bees while still having a short allergy radius so when the bees kite walter regains speed and can get out or caps out at a speed down but bees can be far and still affect walter.

that's how i'd make it a bit more of a downside and not just a novelty that removes an aspect of food production and an entire boss.

If he has allergies to bees, I believe it should include everything that has bee components such as stingers. Meaning blow darts, boosters, etc should actually make him take damage. This makes it a lot harder to cheese because now he really has to avoid damage. This also makes it so where getting things like the tom o' shanter and walking cane from McTusk a lot more dangerous. 

I do love the range concept of the character but he also feels like one of the easiest survivors to be released so far. Until release and we get exact damage and insanity drain numbers though I could be wrong.

55 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I don't remember the last time I was stung by bees, you can just walk past an entire swarm of bees with no injury.

Try that on servers with whom you got >100 ping. And before writing "Oh you scrub, go for 30 ping ones or something!" a lot of people don't have that option going for them, either because no such servers are available, bad internet connection, rubberbanding or all above. For example my closest Dedicated server (in my country, as an irony) has atm ~90 ping. KLei official ones (at least 2 of them) run for me at around 70 ping. Thus running through Killer Bees Biome sometimes can result in stinging. Also for bulk player-base (newbies/noobs/casuals) seems like a fair downside. We will see in a couple of hours if this character will be niche and how exactly is balanced.

I'm not going to make any calls until we see it in action, since we have no idea HOW much more damage bees are gonna do. Obviously BQ is gonna be a huge issue, but in terms of doing things like destroying hives and collecting honey... it's going to be harder, but how much?

I may have to actually resort to pigs to destroy a hive... 

Or, you know. Just play with my Wendy main friend.

Will see how this would work. Can a single hit from a bee be deadly?

As this downside is listed as "allergy", I believe we will have allergies for every character, just like favorite dishes. Like, Willow could be allergic to cold etc. Curious to see what will happen!

7 minutes ago, SaltyWarly said:

Will see how this would work. Can a single hit from a bee be deadly?

As this downside is listed as "allergy", I believe we will have allergies for every character, just like favorite dishes. Like, Willow could be allergic to cold etc. Curious to see what will happen!

I would doubt we'd get allergies for everyone, but it would be certainly interesting to see

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I would doubt we'd get allergies for everyone, but it would be certainly interesting to see

WX-78 has a water allergy (okay, maybe calling it an allergy is a stretch) it's just negligible to the point where it doesn't matter.
Of course, that's not what we say when it comes to who gets the Eyebrella 

i think is to make beequeen fight more challening (just more healing for required) and i dont see how can klei fit it into other perk to "make sense". Its an allergie what do you want?  For me, before knowing numbers, is fine. His other perks fits, is a boy scout so he loves nature and know a lot of spooky stories to tell in a campfire and also has a pet. So weird that kids have dogs, eh

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think is to make beequeen fight more challening (just more healing for required) and i dont see how can klei fit it into other perk to "make sense". Its an allergie what do you want?  For me, before knowing numbers, is fine. His other perks fits, is a boy scout so he loves nature and know a lot of spooky stories to tell in a campfire and also has a pet. So weird that kids have dogs, eh

No, no, you are getting it wrong. Walter is the pet of Woby, of course!

Archived