What do you think of Walter’s allergy of bee’s?

Well its also a sort of ironic downside which is very related to him, being a boy scout means that he loves the wilderness and living in the outdoors. Getting stung by bees, wasps or other bugs is, one of the most common bad things that can happen when you go out camping, the fact that he is allergic to it (and therefore, life threatening) goes well with the fact that he is not afraid of anything.

He is basically devoting his life to do the activity he loves, even if it means he could die for it at any point.

I haven't played the dude but trust me, just judging for that he's a badass and has my respect.

1 minute ago, Nickolai said:

I personally think he should be allergic to all insects, it would make it more of a downside than a inconvenience.

If he doesnt get 1 hit by a mosquito, I will be upset :D

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

maybe we will have more insects, klei has a lot of desings and code for mobs from hamlet. Easy and cool 

Ooh yeah, I'd love more insectoid/living plant creatures to face.

(more plants would be awesome for Wormwood's "plants relate to him" perk. So far, I think Wormwood's only real plant friends in DST are lureplants...)

4 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I personally think he should be allergic to all insects, it would make it more of a downside than a inconvenience.

What else would that ad? Mosquitos? 

Spiders are not insects, although DST spiders have 6 legs, don't follow any enthomology rule and are poodle sized.. so yeah..

Judging from DST weird biology I woudldn't be surprised if beefalos were insects.

Edit: Dragonfly is also probably an insect, maybe?

I said this in another post but my brother was Deathly Allergic to bees.. like if one stung him it usually resulted in an Emergency room visit because his skin and face would puff up with these ugly looking blisters, he would have to go to the ER because it literally made it to where he could not breath.

I am not sure to what EXTENT Klei plans to make Walter Allergic to Bees.. But if they’re aiming for it to be anything at all like the severity of my brothers case then they should probably bleed out Walters health Core slowly over time like Shipwreckeds poison spider warriors did until you craft a cure shot.

And honestly.. if he’s THAT Allergic to bee’s he should lose sanity when he hears anything flying near his ear that even sounds remotely close to a bee.. because my little brother bless his heart he freaks out whenever he hears so much as a fly buzz by his ear.

But I can’t honestly say I blame him either.. guess that makes me a bad big brother to laugh when he freaks out over a fly. :( 

8 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Spiders are not insects, although DST spiders have 6 legs, don't follow any enthomology rule and are poodle sized.. so yeah..

Judging from DST weird biology I woudldn't be surprised if beefalos were insects.

that makes me think. Do bee allergic share the allergic with other insects? idk if other insects has the same poison in their stings

Just now, OMERICA said:

I mean if allergic to bees means cannot consume honey or honey based foods then it would change the late game involving honey. 

but honey is sugar not poison

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but honey is sugar not poison

Yeah but it’s related to bees. Make sense enough for a game that has a character that prefers starving to death rather than eating vegetables. 

7 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Butterfly. Eat 1 butterfly wing and reduce 8 health, haha. Or also allergic to flowers too. It's quite funny, being a scout and have an allergy to a lot of things

2 minutes ago, Raeku said:

No. Bee alergy does not translate to other insects, nor honey

A hundred times over, THIS! my brothers not allergic to honey or mosquitos only very specifically being stung by a Bee’s stinger.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

So I kinda want to leave this here.... and ask again very specifically to what EXTENT is Walter Allergic to Bee’s?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322075

Yea bee allergy could be a very interesting downside of it's more severe. I'm sure your brother carries Epinephrine, maybe Walter could craft some adhoc Epi-pen to prevent certain death by anaphtlactic shock

Archived