Year of the Beefalo ideas

So, Next year's Chinese Zodiac is the Ox, which I'm pretty sure will translate to Beefalo in DST. I have no idea what kind of stuff would be introduced for the event. Probably somehting related to beefalo taming? I honestly have no idea what it could be. If you have any ideas, please leave em' here.

Bull fights (the kind where the bull is NOT killed) would be kinda cool. I could see a character playing as a matador with a red cape while trying to avoid the beefalo's charge. Or maybe even a rodeo rhythm game where you have time your button inputs on the screen in order to not get thrown off; the longer you last, the bigger the prize.

I would love to see unique decorations and looks for the beefalos depending on their tendency. For example Ornery having fur braids, cloth strapped horns with some symbolic carvings on them. Maybe even giving random beefalos somekind of golden horseshoes as an event token, similar to pigs wearing the belts in YoTP event.

7 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

Bull fights (the kind where the bull is NOT killed) would be kinda cool. I could see a character playing as a matador with a red cape while trying to avoid the beefalo's charge. Or maybe even a rodeo rhythm game where you have time your button inputs on the screen in order to not get thrown off; the longer you last, the bigger the prize.

Cool Idea, but I feel like a spanish tradition for a chinese new year event wouldn't be what they would do.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Finally reveal what the Curio Collector's Nox is.

Imagine if we got to see the Curio Collector as a special limited time (or possibly permanent) NPC for the event, hanging around the Savannah, tending to the beefalos. Perhaps he could even offer taming advice and share techniques/saddles/etc. to help speed up the taming process. :o

image.png.2d4abd62dd4834803859dcd0ee7049c2.png

(I say possibly permanent because it might tamper a bit with the "wilderness" aspect. :shock:)

I want a jousting Mini-Game where you fight  on top of Beefalos.. that’s what I Want!

Sort of a Destruction Derby but using Beefs in a circular or square Arena- Beefalo have a Health Bar they take damage and when their health is drained out and they KO like Pokémon 

Not only does this fit the theme of Year of Bull/Beefalo.... but it’s also probably roughly the same thing as Carrat Racing except JOUST! :D 

When I said I wanted Beefalo Joust I didn’t mean strictly just PVP.. that would get boring fast.

I want Shadow Knights riding on Rooks as their Battle Mount. As Enemy A.I. To go in the jousting Arena alongside other players like Charlie’s Shadow Carrats.

These Events should be enjoyable for the Solo player just as much as it is a group of players.

I think that maybe they should rework the beefalo with the event as they need a gender.Maybe they should be a alpha male in the herd and you will see beefalo males fighting for power like clashing their horns together.Also the males should be the ones that follow you the longest and should have more health and attack.The females should be milked with like a bucket and you should be able to make cheese.

14 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Watch them add an entirely new Ox mob just in time for Chinese new year.
Conveniently happened with year of the rat, so why not the Ox :wilson_laugh:

I don't think Klei would add an entirely new mob when they already have something that works perfectly fine. Unless they ported the water beefalo from Shipwrecked, but I don't think that would happen.

Archived