[Game Update] - 408314

• Developer

Another hotfix for the Testing Branch, fixing a crash for the weekend. Have a good one!

Edit: Plus an emergency Friday afternoon hotfix hotfix! Enjoy!

Bug Fixes

• Fix unrelated entities taking on mass when combining same elements on a cell

Changes

• Medical Cot severity slider requirement default is set to 70%.

Bug Fixes

• Fix crash when a sweeper has to drop an item
  • Fix Counter not changing output signal when receiving reset signal
  • Fix inconsistent Timer Sensor behaviour dependent on framerate
    • This will reset all timer sensors for save files currently on the preview branch.
  • Fix strange input if a mouse button was clicked twiced in a frame. This caused the area measurement numbers to stick around, "phantom" constructions, and other oddities.
  • Properly load localized string keys for Sweepy status messages

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix strange input if a mouse button was clicked twiced in a frame. This caused the area measurement numbers to stick around, "phantom" constructions, and other oddities.

That's an old one! Nice. Thanks for the update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix strange input if a mouse button was clicked twiced in a frame. This caused the area measurement numbers to stick around, "phantom" constructions, and other oddities.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS I HATE THIS NUMBERS

51 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Medical Cot severity slider requirement default is set to 70%.

this update is also good .p.

• Like 1

• Developer

PSA - There's a known issue on this build (and the one before it) where hatches and other critters grow to an immense size - this will be addressed before the launch

This might also affect other elements taking on mass unexpectedly

(edit) 408314 hotfix should fix this issue, be aware that entities that took on extra mass previously will still be at that new mass

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix unrelated entities taking on mass when combining same elements on a cell

Wait, is this the bug where multiple gasses floating around, like steam and oxygen in a steam geyser room, and create new oxygen over time?

2 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

PSA - There's a known issue on this build (and the one before it) where hatches and other critters grow to an immense size - this will be addressed before the launch

(edit) 408314 hotfix should fix this issue, be aware that entities that took on extra mass previously will still be at that new mass

That turned Bubbles into a very hot monster for me ;-) 

Impressive reaction speed to the bug report!

bubbles01.png.c20b9002dbc12960a7223c058e3def7b.png

35 minutes ago, psusi said:

Wait, is this the bug where multiple gasses floating around, like steam and oxygen in a steam geyser room, and create new oxygen over time?

Not quite ;-)

I think instead of combining masses in a cell, the mass is added to some nearby critter or dupe, apparently at its original temperature. Apparently, I have missed this little change to Bubbles for about 200 cycles. Did not seem to slow her down much. Heat transfer to the environment is minimal.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, psusi said:

Nop. This bug has been solved long time ago. Now gases are deleted.

"Fix unrelated entities taking on mass when combining same elements on a cell"

is relative to :

"There's a known issue on this build (and the one before it) where hatches and other critters grow to an immense size - this will be addressed before the launch

(edit) 408314 hotfix should fix this issue, be aware that entities that took on extra mass previously will still be at that new mass"

Edited by OxCD

On 5/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, OxCD said:

Nop. This bug has been solved long time ago. Now gases are deleted.

Oh great... how is that better?  I guess that explains why my hydrogen vent tamers in my last map kept needing some more water added to the closed loop every few hundred cycles.  Or maybe not since the only gas in the room was steam.

Edited by psusi

• Developer
3 minutes ago, aymanoracle said:

This patch should move to the main branch today right ?

We've had a few technical hardware problems at the office (unrelated to the build itself), so we've pushed the release back a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh sadly, i see this so late. got an accident like "dig the whole visible map out" during an savestop. That cause some happenings, like a big natural tank off magma, goes off in my critterfarm. -_-

Can´t wait to see this bug disappear.