where is catch that splumonkey?

15 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

klei official server catch that splumonkey has been gone for many days and idk where it went. I enjoyed playing on it.

It is on an older version of the game.

I'm not exactly sure who is in charge of handling the update phase for their servers, but I suspect @nome would be able to forward to it to the right person if he's not the updater.

It is currently on version 402187, for the record.

31 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

klei official server catch that splumonkey has been gone for many days and idk where it went. I enjoyed playing on it.

According to https://dstserverlist.appspot.com/, Catch that Splumonkey isn't gone but only not updated yet.

I also want to point out that the Klei Official Servers Slurtle Slime and Spiders and Such are also missing right now. (Spiders and Such disappeared from the list because the Crab King (which had 1x Pearl, 1x Red, 2x Blue, 3x Purple, 2x Yellow) started his freezing attack which did not crash but freeze the whole server. This was before the recent Hotfix.)

8 hours ago, nome said:

Build servers are supposed to update those, but they get confused sometimes. We're working on something better.

*Gasp* 

:D Cross-Platform Play Confirmed! (Okay not really.. But I know it’s something you guys want to do someday.)

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

*Gasp* 

:D Cross-Platform Play Confirmed! (Okay not really.. But I know it’s something you guys want to do someday.)

That'd actually be pretty awesome. If we were able to share the same server one day, it could mean we share update dates and the likes. Plus, new pals to survive with. :wilson_smile:

@nome Any chance you could update the Klei Official Servers manually for once?

Right now, 3 out of 3 EU Klei Official Servers are either down (not in terms of still available but not updated yet) or unplayable (Hound Huggles is probably stuck in a recursive loop or so due to a bug which causes the server to freeze on save, but it's not crashing at all).

I played almost exlclusively on splumonkey and piggie, and one of them has been gone for like 2 weeks. I know a lot of people play on them. real kill joy to see the servers gone, and surprised they're still not fixed...

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

But why?... if the pc players were the hosts maybe? It could work out... in some way, right? we should hope and try to not kill our dreams

Server mods hosted on PC? Sure maybe. But all client require mods, (mods that everyone needs to download. Content mods, characters mod are in this category) would mean console players would have to download the mods on their end too. And I'm positive that console players can't download steam mods. And even if they could, I'm not sure Sony and Microsoft likes the idea of free content for console players. ("Hello! I like money!")

I'm not trying to kill dreams, simply pointing out why some things are very unlikely and the faults in some ideas.

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Server mods hosted on PC? Sure maybe. But all client require mods, (mods that everyone needs to download. Content mods, characters mod are in this category) would mean console players would have to download the mods on their end too. And I'm positive that console players can't download steam mods. And even if they could, I'm not sure Sony and Microsoft likes the idea of free content for console players. ("Hello! I like money!")

I'm not trying to kill dreams, simply pointing out why some things are very unlikely and the faults in some ideas.

but wait... I might be wrong... Aren't crossplay mods a thing for minecraft bedrock?  yes this has got nothing to do with DST but still, isn't it a thing?

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

but wait... I might be wrong... Aren't crossplay mods a thing for minecraft bedrock?  yes this has got nothing to do with DST but still, isn't it a thing?

oh, well crap I'd be pretty interested in hearing how that works. Minecraft isnt on steam though so that's something to note.

• Developer
11 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

@nome Any chance you could update the Klei Official Servers manually for once?

Right now, 3 out of 3 EU Klei Official Servers are either down (not in terms of still available but not updated yet) or unplayable (Hound Huggles is probably stuck in a recursive loop or so due to a bug which causes the server to freeze on save, but it's not crashing at all).

Sigh. These things die so often. :( Can't wait for the new version @Diabu.

I'll put that on my todo list for tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Hornete said:

oh, well crap I'd be pretty interested in hearing how that works. Minecraft isnt on steam though so that's something to note.

Actually.. Minecraft can have mods installed directly from your mobile smartphone and people on consoles can Play with those same people using Mods on the mobile versions

I even have a set of skins I straight up built myself on the Mobile version of Minecraft And a few maps that for some unknown unfair reason I can’t load on my profile on my Xbox.

That gives you a rough example of how much Microsoft HATES Mods.. the Mobile version of Minecraft can go nuts adding them- And people on Console can PLAY In Them.. but Mods are not available to download or install for console.

i don’t even have Access to my 30+ Batman Arkham skins I created.

But hilariously- I can JOIN someone’s game through my phone, and my skins show up in their game...

so the TL:DR it’s all Microsoft that refuses to let it happen- The above detailed description provides a clear example that mods are 100% possible on Consoles.. they just straight up refuse to let them be on  it.

I wish there was a way to import my Mods from mobile directly into the Console Minecraft but... there’s not.

Maybe Klei would have better luck with that than Mahjong had...? But I wouldn’t hold my breath on it.

There ARE some games on console with mod support, but those mods are heavily governed by Sony/Microsoft as to what they will actually allow on the platform- Elder Scrolls Skyrim HD Remaster & Fallout 4 both support mods.

They aren’t anything to write home to your mother about... but it’s a start. :( 

• Developer
On 5/11/2020 at 8:39 AM, Viktor234 said:

How's that? Did I miss any?

Archived