Troubleshooting: Cannot Receive Twitch Drops?

Sorry everyone for the delay on the update of this Troubleshooting Guide. Hopefully everything is now up to par. 

@Mike23Ua The Claim Button does exist on the app. You can access it by Click Profile Icon > Drops (Takes you to Inventory) > Click Specific Reward to Claim.

720728101_KLEIrewardmobile.thumb.png.85b994a33878ff9105cc4fc417e79067.png

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

Sorry everyone for the delay on the update of this Troubleshooting Guide. Hopefully everything is now up to par. 

@Mike23Ua The Claim Button does exist on the app. You can access it by Click Profile Icon > Drops (Takes you to Inventory) > Click Specific Reward to Claim.

720728101_KLEIrewardmobile.thumb.png.85b994a33878ff9105cc4fc417e79067.png

Oh okay I have to download an app? I normally just claimed them through twitch.tv ran through my iphones Safari app. Thanks! :) I’ll go try now.

Twitch says I've claimed all three of the drops, but when I log in they aren't given to me. Is it possible I missed an extra step since the change?

I re-linked my accounts and the rewards did go up as I watched, and claimed all three of them. I don't know what else there could be blocking me from obtaining themimage.thumb.png.d950fa2d5144f8141ce540292c797aa8.png

Edited by DrMcGillacactus
Adding more
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

Twitch says I've claimed all three of the drops, but when I log in they aren't given to me. Is it possible I missed an extra step since the change?

I re-linked my accounts and the rewards did go up as I watched, and claimed all three of them. I don't know what else there could be blocking me from obtaining themimage.thumb.png.d950fa2d5144f8141ce540292c797aa8.png

Ok, it's been resolved. I don't know what helped it but after a while of re-logging in it finally game me them

Well,

I have issue and Klei support is a big joke...
I have problem to link my twitch account... i mean, i always received my twitch drops in the past but for these one, i haven't.  So i wanted to be sure to correctly link my twitch account...

i streamed more than 24 hours (sometime 4h, 8h, 6h, 13h and even more) and still not unlocked the second and last rewards so i tried to unlink my account and re-link again... Then i realised that i just need to "watching" DST twitch video to unlock it. SO i did it and i have unlock the drops.

But to receive drops and claim it, i need to link my twitch account to my klei account.

But, Klei block it and said to me that i need to contact support for help....

i created a support ticket 12 days ago to explain my issues...  After 7 days , still no answer so i created a new post to explain it correctly. Cause i didn't found any reasons to this "blocking" decision....

today, Klei decided to "solve my 2 tickets" without give me answer or explanation... and i still have the "blocking" issue...

Am i the only one to waiting so much and still having issue to re-link my twitch account? I'm really disappointed of this support quality... I didn't expected a quick answer but not waiting 12 days and see my ticket solved without any explanation or help and still notice my issue not fixed...

e391224ef3acca42e3b141d6bcc7cf1e.png

11b16d14e6ea9ed6b483e96160386145.png

Edited by DoppelErsatz
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, DoppelErsatz said:

Well,

I have issue and Klei support is a big joke...
I have problem to link my twitch account... i mean, i always received my twitch drops in the past but for these one, i haven't.  So i wanted to be sure to correctly link my twitch account...

i streamed more than 24 hours (sometime 4h, 8h, 6h, 13h and even more) and still not unlocked the second and last rewards so i tried to unlink my account and re-link again... Then i realised that i just need to "watching" DST twitch video to unlock it. SO i did it and i have unlock the drops.

But to receive drops and claim it, i need to link my twitch account to my klei account.

But, Klei block it and said to me that i need to contact support for help....

i created a support ticket 12 days ago to explain my issues...  After 7 days , still no answer so i created a new post to explain it correctly. Cause i didn't found any reasons to this "blocking" decision....

today, Klei decided to "solve my 2 tickets" without give me answer or explanation... and i still have the "blocking" issue...

Am i the only one to waiting so much and still having issue to re-link my twitch account? I'm really disappointed of this support quality... I didn't expected a quick answer but not waiting 12 days and see my ticket solved without any explanation or help and still notice my issue not fixed...

Your account was originally blocked from Twitch drops due to streaming while AFK. As noted in the original agreement when linking your Twitch account, this is not permitted and will result in a block.

Additionally - When a player files a ticket, the first response provides information to help them solve their issue as the majority of tickets don't require personal attention. That response also includes instructions that state if you still require assistance to please reply and we usually get back within 24 hours (unless it's the weekend). Otherwise, you will receive another reply a short while later letting you know that we never got a reply and if you no longer need help the ticket will be closed. 

Shortly after Jan got your ticket earlier today he replied with the same information provided above and also unblocked your account so that you can once again link the account for drops when available. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Ok thank you, all seems clear to me now.

Actually nothing is directly explain to us that being afk in game is not allow. I tried to search the rules about this and i didn't found a TOS or something who explain that we are not allow to do this... I even write in my twitch title "Afk" when i was afk, i didn't hide this cause i was not informed about this.

TO be honnest, i assume the fact that i did this. Why? Cause twitch drops seems bugged.. Sometime i played and streamed my game when i playing for hours but the rewards weren't unlocked...  It was like twitch drops works on few maps of don't starve. Before, i was playing in solo map and it worked but for an other drops it doesn't .

Here a picture to show that i have 975 hours of don't starve together... i m not a such big player but believe me, all this hours wasn't "afk" times....

YOur drops system rewards is kind of "random". So yeah, when i'm stream for hours and then i relog to claim my reward and notice that i didn't receive anything... it's not "fun" ...

I have a question do i need to steam to receive drops or i can claim them by watching other streamer?

Ty for unblocked me.

aaa8364be41ec4fc35882cf0341d41baaa4.png

On 4/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, DoppelErsatz said:

I have a question do i need to steam to receive drops or i can claim them by watching other streamer?

You can claim drops by watching a streamer! :)
Once you link your account, you can watch a streamer that has the "drops enabled" description. And after 30 minutes you should have received your first item. Just be aware that you have to claim each item in the "drops" page (go to the "drops" section in the menu in twitch) before you can start the timer to get the next drop. In the drops page you can also see how much time is left to watch until you get the next drop.
I don't think there are any drops available right now, but when they release a new one you should be able to get it this way. :)

• Thanks 1

ok ty.

Actually i always thought that we need to "stream" to receive drops then i notice that i unlock the drop by watching the streamer with "drop enabled" .

That was the reason why i streamed but without to be all the time present (and they block me cause to this ^^° )... Now if i can win drop this way, that sounds better to me. I received the last drop by watching streamer, that's why i ask cause streaming doesn't works all the time.

I think the new twitch system kinda sucks, you have to pay attention to the chat to and claim your drop, if you dont claim and just watch the stream in full screen you won't unlock the new drop until you claim your first one. The old system is better because it was automatically and i didnt have to pay attention to chat alert and claim the drops...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ItsPirrrip said:

I think the new twitch system kinda sucks, you have to pay attention to the chat to and claim your drop, if you dont claim and just watch the stream in full screen you won't unlock the new drop until you claim your first one. The old system is better because it was automatically and i didnt have to pay attention to chat alert and claim the drops...

If you are talking about the current system in place.

You can actually just go to your twitch inventory and claim the drops from there! There is also a little bar there to help you track how much more you need to watch.

No need to watch in the chat for a popup, that's just there for convenience

2 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

If you are talking about the current system in place.

You can actually just go to your twitch inventory and claim the drops from there! There is also a little bar there to help you track how much more you need to watch.

No need to watch in the chat for a popup, that's just there for convenience

I know about the twitch inventory, but if you're watching twitch on console using ps4/ps5 you have to login on the web and "claim" the award in order for the next one to be active. The previous system was much better, viewers just had to watch the stream and get an alert that items have been automatically added to their game instead of manually claiming each item. And the timer to next item doesn't unlock unless you claim the previous item. So if you've been watching a stream for hours, and you didnt claim the first item, it will not unlock the next one :/

17 hours ago, ItsPirrrip said:

I know about the twitch inventory, but if you're watching twitch on console using ps4/ps5 you have to login on the web and "claim" the award in order for the next one to be active. The previous system was much better, viewers just had to watch the stream and get an alert that items have been automatically added to their game instead of manually claiming each item. And the timer to next item doesn't unlock unless you claim the previous item. So if you've been watching a stream for hours, and you didnt claim the first item, it will not unlock the next one :/

It's just their way to ensure people are actually watching the streams instead of AFKing in one. It isn't perfect, but it works

Hi there !  I have trouble with the Leviathan Chest. I got it, by watching Twitch (as the capture prove it) but it doesn't remain in my DST inventory, as, sadly, the other capture shows it.

Is there a new step to do, in order to get it totally ??

350133877_Capturedcran2021-06-1215_50_12.thumb.png.19b64355d13e0c7f32218fc31710828a.png1201499011_Capturedcran2021-06-1215_48_41.thumb.png.94700f6810d44f746e45c2451bebef60.png

3 hours ago, Nino123 said:
3 hours ago, Nino123 said:

Hi there !  I have trouble with the Leviathan Chest. I got it, by watching Twitch (as the capture prove it) but it doesn't remain in my DST inventory, as, sadly, the other capture shows it.

Is there a new step to do, in order to get it totally ??

350133877_Capturedcran2021-06-1215_50_12.thumb.png.19b64355d13e0c7f32218fc31710828a.png1201499011_Capturedcran2021-06-1215_48_41.thumb.png.94700f6810d44f746e45c2451bebef60.png

Sort by rarity? And is not displayed in the game?

Edited by Golodni

Yes the capture is the wrong one, i sorted it in all the possible ways and it does not remain.

It does not display in the game, nor in my Klei rewards page... :(

Maybe i missed something with the new Twitch thing ??? 

On 4/27/2020 at 8:34 PM, nome said:

If twitch says you got the drops but you don't see them in your account, probably you linked a different account after the first one? Twitch sends us "ticks" for the account, but they only go to the KU you linked to that twitch account most recently.

Hi. I still have my issue : I got the Levianthan Skin Chest in Twitch but not in game (not even in my belongings or rewards). I don't linked different accounts. The only thing i've done is changing my password. I precise that i have the icon and frame in my belongings.

Also, the chest does not appears in belongings list, even in "non owned" items.

Any idea ?

Thank you :)

Ok, finally, i fixed the issue. Don't ask me why but my account get unlinked between the 2 last drops. Now it's fine again !

Edited by Nino123
  • Health 1