Troubleshooting: Cannot Receive Twitch Drops?

Hello everyone, I cannot guarantee these methods would fix the issues for you but I'm making this thread in hopes of collating all the possibilities of why players cannot claim their Streaming Drops. So first and fore most, let's double check that we have all the necessary checkboxes cleared that SHOULD allow us to receive our drops.

Latest Info on Streaming Drops Click for the PINNED "NEW Streaming Drops Available Now!" Thread Post!

NECESSARY INFORMATION:

[1] Klei Support Article: How to link your Twitch Account to your Klei Account

If you have already properly connected your Twitch Account to your Klei Account before, here's how to make sure you've linked them correctly.

[2] Below is the image of what your https://accounts.klei.com/account/info should show, if Twitch Account is properly connected:

832689705_KLEILINKEDTWITCH.thumb.png.fd0d71715497b78757552e0392d50fe6.png

[3] Clicking the Twitch Account Number should directly bring you to your Twitch Account's setting (IF you are already currently logged in your Twitch Account in the same Web Browser). Then below is the image of your Connections and under OTHER CONNECTIONS should reflect Klei Entertainment:

464514241_KLEITWITCHCONNECTIONSETTINGS.thumb.png.5362102b2202ea77c08615522349d1af.png

[4] If you've accumulated enough watch times you can go to https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory and CLAIM your Streaming Drop. On the Twitch App Mobile, click your Profile Icon in the Corner > Drops > Click Reward > Claim. Be aware that you have to CLAIM each reward individually before you can accumulate more watch time for the next reward. Click All Campaigns Tab to see more details about the current drop:

912116048_KLEIClaimReward.thumb.PNG.8c55074797958cb799bd54355004da40.PNG

[5] Twitch Gift Drops are received the same way we all received our Daily Drops which is upon first login of the day as soon as we enter the Main Menu of DST (after pressing Play and properly logged in). In case of Twitch Drops, if you've claimed the Twitch Drop while DST is open then simply go through the login process again by restarting DST. Shown Below:

1823517294_KLEIDROPRECEIVE.thumb.png.13bb7aae5d7a3521293bcbd8a1de3b09.png

TROUBLESHOOTING:

If you've made sure of the things mentioned above and you still haven't received your Twitch Drops, then follow the links below:

Make sure to double check for every method mentioned in the listed Klei Support Articles.

STILL NOT WORKING?

I recommend following the devs reply in this thread found here:

(https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/117747-troubleshooting-cannot-receive-twitch-drops/?do=findComment&comment=1540098)

If none of these help, our last resort would be for you to directly reach out to Klei Support staff through this Submit A Request for with the following details:

Game: Don't Starve Together

Category: Account Help

Provide your Klei User ID (found in https://accounts.klei.com/account/info) + Twitch Account Username + ALSO a copy of your client_log.txt (Click Add File > Browse to to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether > Double Click client_log.txt)

OR DRAG-DROP the whole client_log.txt file from that folder into the drop files here box at the bottom of the Submit a request page.

Do not forget to add any substantial information in your description about what you've tried so far in trying to fix it. In case you might provide details that could help the devs further reduce the risk of any issues in the future.

Hopefully everyone who needs this information finds it.

I hope it helps, cheers.

----------

POST UPDATE (March 27, 2021):

• Reworked information to better reflect the new Streaming Drops System.

POST UPDATE (Oct 28, 2020):

• Decluttered post for ease of use.
  • Since issue that originally prompted the creation of this thread made has long been fixed, I've enclosed in the spoiler below all the prior information involving that specific issue for posterity.

POST UPDATE (April 27, 2020):

New update for the Klei servers has been deployed and any discrepancies has been retroactively applied to affected accounts cause by unintended side effects by a previous Klei server update. Refer to the dev replies in this thread for more info. Unless outliers come up, everything should be back in order for everyone.

Thank you devs for the updates on the matter and just as importantly thank everyone for your cooperation and patience on the matter.

Cheers.

Edited by Zillvr
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 8
  • Sanity 1

@AiurRefugee Have you gone through the TROUBLESHOOTING links above? Normally, if there are internal issues from the game client the client_log.txt would reflect communication issues with Klei Servers with "ERROR" and "FAIL" but I couldn't see any that seems to be going wrong in your log file. Unless the devs have completely removed any indicator for communication failures and such.

For now, I hope you've gone through all the links above AND made sure you've double check the connections between twitch and your klei accounts. We'll have to wait on the other users experiencing issues, that maybe their log files will help shed some more light on what the issue could be.

@AiurRefugee after reconnecting, have you rewatched for the accumulated time? At least 30 mins for the first drop. AFAIK, once you reconnect, the previously watched times is are not counted since Twitch has already given a drop. Don't quote me on this since I have not personally tested this.

@YeetusDelitus So you've tried everything above, could you attach a copy of your client_log.txt file? Maybe that would shed some more light and help with figuring out what's going wrong.

• Like 1

Hello @JongIe, welcome to the forums. Have you gone through all the links above? Were you even able to receive your Daily Gift drop when you first logged in DST?

I logged in just now for the first time today and my logs shows the following:

[00:00:18]: [200] Account Communication Success (3)
[00:00:18]: Logging in as KU_FwgOBXDf
[00:00:19]: There is no active event to get the status of.
[00:00:21]: loaded inventory_cache_prod
[00:00:25]: saved APP:Klei//DoNotStarveTogether/190232237/client_save/inventory_cache_prod
[00:00:25]: saved APP:Klei//DoNotStarveTogether/190232237/client_save/inventory_cache_prod_sig
[00:00:28]:    EResult 15, 856850377

Whereas yours and AiurRefugee only shows:

[00:00:50]: [200] Account Communication Success (3)
[00:00:50]: Logging in as KU_#######
[00:00:51]: There is no active event to get the status of.
[00:00:52]: loaded inventory_cache_prod
[00:00:54]: loaded inventory_cache_prod

Now, as a disclaimer. I'm only a forum moderator but from what I know about reading logs. The EResult 15... line is what reflects that I've been gifted my Daily Gift. Although maybe yours doesn't show it since you've already previously received your Daily Gift for the day and that client_log has already be overwritten.

Can you confirm you've already received your Daily Gift? If not. That might be a hint to the issue everyone else is having.

Thank you to everyone making replies, so far nothing seems to show why people are having issues. If you've all done reconnects and rewatched the time required to accumulate again, but still get no drops. I'm still not sure how to go forward. Logs are all reflecting the same things (thanks btw @YeetusDelitus). And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with "DST clients receiving gifts" portion of the equation (daily gifts in particular)... just an issue with Twitch Drops. 

Could be on twitch's end? But I personally was able to receive the Twitch Drop the other day so that can't be it.

Have you guys verified your emails for your twitch accounts? If you're using new accounts it could possibly be causing a hiccup from that. Just a thought. On Twitch go to Settings > Security and Privacy Tab > Under Email should show Verified.

Unfortunately, this is all the time I can spare for today. I'll be back again within 24 hours, if any of you discovers any workaround of fix for the issue don't hesitate to share in this thread. Sorry for not having much progress with diagnosing the issue so far.

I think I got a Drop, but why hasn’t the item shown up in my game account?

The game developer is responsible for fulfilling the Drop rewards in the game and in some cases, this may take time to process. Please contact the specific game developer directly for any questions. You can do some initial troubleshooting by checking that the item has shown up on your Inventory page and that your game account is linked to the correct Twitch account.

This was on their Drops website.
  • Thanks 2

I started watching my first stream I guess around 6pm-ish last night and even twitch confirmed that I received all 3 drops, I checked I even verified my emails on twitch and klei as well as the one for the forums (don't know if that matters but....) didn't see it, so I disconnected and reconnected everything and even re-watched another DST live stream with an "official drop" on their stream. It's probably due because its my first time doing this so I'm not very sure. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. 

I'm also kind of bothered since most of the comments suggest everyone has done and tried the same thing, I wonder if there's another/ different step that we missed or there's some other verification we missed, but pretty much covered it with Zillvr's post.

client_log.txt

• Thanks 1

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Pumpkin Soda said:

I started watching my first stream I guess around 6pm-ish last night and even twitch confirmed that I received all 3 drops, I checked I even verified my emails on twitch and klei as well as the one for the forums (don't know if that matters but....) didn't see it, so I disconnected and reconnected everything and even re-watched another DST live stream with an "official drop" on their stream. It's probably due because its my first time doing this so I'm not very sure. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. 

If twitch says you got the drops but you don't see them in your account, probably you linked a different account after the first one? Twitch sends us "ticks" for the account, but they only go to the KU you linked to that twitch account most recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi Zillvr and Nome

I have done all tasks to link account between Klei and Twitch, doubled checked the linking status.I received the daily gift as usual.Even I disconnected both connection, reconnected and watched streaming again the same,I still cannot achieve drops in the game.

Hopefully this issue take into account soon 

client_log.txt

• Thanks 1

• Developer

Hey guys, we have deployed an update to our servers to fix the issue. You should start receiving twitch drops again.

We previously deployed an update to address the problem of being linked to a lost Twitch account, which had some unintended side effects. Thank you for your patience and diligence in reporting these issues to us!

• Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@AiurRefugee Have you gone through the TROUBLESHOOTING links above? Normally, if there are internal issues from the game client the client_log.txt would reflect communication issues with Klei Servers with "ERROR" and "FAIL" but I couldn't see any that seems to be going wrong in your log file. Unless the devs have completely removed any indicator for communication failures and such.

For now, I hope you've gone through all the links above AND made sure you've double check the connections between twitch and your klei accounts. We'll have to wait on the other users experiencing issues, that maybe their log files will help shed some more light on what the issue could be.

Hey. yes i've tried relinking both accounts multiple times. Still doest work :(

Just now, akzakz said:

Hey. yes i've tried relinking both accounts multiple times. Still doest work :(

@PeterA

• Thanks 1

• Developer

Just a quick heads up. Viewers who earned Twitch drops and accumulated viewing time over the weekend will have that time retroactively applied. We're working on grabbing that viewership time and applying it to your accounts.

• Thanks 7