[Game Update] - 406077

• Developer

Changes:

• The Strident Trident now deals additional melee damage when attacking on a boat.
  • Wobsters can now be stored in the Tin Fishin' Bin
  • Changed the loot found in Sunken Chest (note: this will not affect existing Sunken Chests)
  • Tuned the Crabking fight.
    • No longer sleeps.
    • Every 3rd Orange Gem will now increase the amount of hits it takes to interrupt his repairing.
    • Blue Gems have more of an effect on his ice attack
    • Some other adjustments.
  • Flotsam can be retrieved with the Pinchin’ Winch

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed retrofitting the Crabby Hermit’s island on caves enabled worlds and dedicated servers. The server will now automatically reset after 30 seconds to complete the retrofitting.
  • Fixed a save/load bug that was resetting the Crabby Hermit’s tasks to earn friendship. The task for fixing her house will be retrofitted. The task to clear the water will require the player to drop and remove any heavy lifting object. The remaining tasks will be required to be completed again.
  • Abigail and other ghosts no longer die while on a sinking boat
  • Fixed the Crabby Hermit’s missing face markings.
  • Ice Bream is now visible when placed in Scale-0-Matic
  • Wobsters no longer voluntarily leave their dens during the day.
  • Fixed a bug where the Pinchin' Winch and Shell Beach Turf could still be crafted without obtaining the blueprints first.
  • Message in a Bottle no longer displays floating animation when dropped on a boat
  • Shell Bell break animation critter stays in place on moving boats
  • Fixed the character animation when using the Strident Trident
  • Fixed a rare crash when the Gingerbread Varg does its icing attack
  • Fixed Boomerang mouse over issues.

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

• Developer

Yeah, we tried a number of other things to make it less heavy handed, but they ended up changing the rest of him too much, so we just made the crab not sleepable. He's got a big stone soundbuffer on. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Flotsam can be retrieved with the Pinchin’ Winch

POG Thanks for this. They would get stuck in boats before.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tuned the Crabking fight.

• No longer sleeps.

Can't wait for Glermz to hear this :>

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, Charesque said:

So the trident is a dark sword equivalent now, except only while on boat. An interesting mechanic, I must admit.

I think it has too little durability to be worth using as a weapon. Only 150 hits, which makes it equivalent to a dark sword and a half. Considering it needs 3 gnarwail horns, I think it's best saved for its special ability.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The new loot tables for the Sunken Chests, for anyone wondering:

30% - saltminer: 4-6x Cookie Cutter Shell, 2-4x Boat Patch, 5-8x Salt Rock, 1x Golden Pickaxe, {1x Blue Gem OR 1x Red Gem}

10% - traveler: 1x Walking Cane, 1x Thermal Stone, 1x Gnarwail Horn, 4-8x Papyrus, 2-4x Feather Pencil, 3-5x Spoiled Fish, {1x Compass (25%) OR 1x Fashion Goggles}

30% - fisher: 4-8x Boat Patch, 4-10x Malbatross Feather, 1x Sea Fishing Rod, 2-5x Azure Quill Float, 1-4x Dusky Spoon, 0-2x Heavy Weight Lure, {1x Boat Kit OR 1x Anchor Kit OR 1x Mast Kit OR 1x Steering Wheel Kit OR 1x Tin Fishin' Box Blueprint}

20% - miner: 3-6x Cutstone, 3-6x Gold Nugget, 3-6x Moon Shard, 3-6x Moon Rock, 1x Golden Pickaxe, {1x Purple Gem (50%) OR 1x Green Gem (10%) OR 1x Yellow Gem (20%) OR 1x Orange Gem (20%)}

10% - splunker: 1-2x Gears, 4-8x Thulecite, 1x Pick/Axe, 1x Thulecite Suit, 1x Lantern, {1x Yellow Gem OR 1x Orange Gem}, {1x Purple Gem (90%) OR 1x Green Gem (10%)}

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Tuned the Crabking fight.

• No longer sleeps.

Can't wait for Glermz to hear this :>

I'm actually good with this one, i said it on my stream the moment the flute was patched that i wish he would go full underwater and reset so we would use other items that are not used as much and require a bit more hits like the ice staff.

Also seems like range option is back on the menu for me to solo, witch i also don't mind, always loved having an excuse to go ranged over melee and now i have one.

Now about the video that i just made 2 days ago, yeah that hurts :(

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a save/load bug that was resetting the Crabby Hermit’s tasks to earn friendship. The task for fixing her house will be retrofitted. The task to clear the water will require the player to drop and remove any heavy lifting object. The remaining tasks will be required to be completed again.

View full update

She actually gave me the pearl the moment i put all meat in the racks (since i had done everything before). I still don't have the tab to buy stuff from her lol

This is still an Old world, and retrofitted from before this update.

ps. Tested with a version i had previous to update, still her tab disapears at the 8th quest for reason.

image.thumb.png.7e98a233e46d8af9f1860c93c6130f54.png

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I think broken shells should stack to 40 instead of their current max stack of 10. You get a ton from smashing all the shells from sunken junk. I had 6 stacks of these things by the time I smashed them all.

As much as I know, Broken Shells do not have any other uses besides decoration, so turning them directly into Shell Beach Turf would allow you to carry 30 broken shells in a single stack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

As much as I know, Broken Shells do not have any other uses besides decoration, so turning them directly into Shell Beach Turf would allow you to carry 30 broken shells in a single stack.

yeah that's true. but now u need to get the blueprint for the turf.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Fixed a bug where the Pinchin' Winch and Shell Beach Turf could still be crafted without obtaining the blueprints first.

so you have to deal with luggin lots of shell pieces around until you get the blueprint. might wanna save your empty bottle for something else.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Changes:

• Tuned the Crabking fight.
    • No longer sleeps.

Boys, Girls and other folk, it's time to grab your krampus sack full of ice staves cause it's gonna be a slog. At least solo.
Right now I've seen it's possible to telelocate away the claws, which makes the fight more tolerable, but I'm certain that'll be fixed too.

• Like 1