Did Toadstool got a small buff/attack in last update(s)?

I've noticed yesterday something interesting regarding - as per title - Toadstool's attack pattern. It seems some recent update to the game squeezed in (without a word from KLei, heh) a small change to its attack pattern in all stages of the fight, namely at times, after being hit, it drops right below its body a Spore Cloud to impede players of doing further damage, forcing them either bait toad from initial spot and/or wait till effect of said Spore dissipates.

In 2 separate fights I've witnessed this behavior, first time I thought was by some player's mistake (as our core party of 4 people got an additional 5th newbie and we all more-or-less blamed this occurrence "on the new guy" one of our party's members took "under their wing" to showcase this boss fight), but second time I've seen it clearly as I was the only one attacking Toad at that moment (rest of 3 people were either fighting Shadows or chopping Sporecaps - and yes, I didn't had any Spore Bomb on my character's head) - exactly the moment after I hit it, basically "farted" right below its body said Spore Cloud forcing me to back off and bait it out of Spore's area of effect.

So did anyone else encountered this new aspect in Toadstool? As mention, the server I was playing being an Endless Vanilla default-settings one, no mods at all to blame such possible deviation on anything else but actual new Toad mechanic.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, Parusoid said:

from what i understand in the code, toadstool seeks 'debuffable' targets, which mostly are players, bcos they can get the spore bomb debuff. but since the abigail, update, every other mob is debuffable (due to abigail petals) so in the pool of 'debuffable' target is also toadstool himself, hence he sometimes cast it on himself

Kinda the best answer I could find for that new feature.

Well, sounds like bug after Wendy's rework update. Anyways, it is good idea and breaking - a bit - old fight by tanking scheme. For 3 or more players teamfight this bug can be minimally visible but for solo or two players can be really annoying. Sneaky buff by mistake.

Got it. Ty, thus a bug via Abi's mechanic - and yes, I was playing Wendy; suspected it had something to do with ghost's petals (or Wendy in general), de-spawned Abi into flower yet still Toad "farted" more Spore Clouds under it when attacked, even by other characters aside Wendy.

Archived