I've won hardest game. What now? Which mods are worth a while.

I have just achieved final victory on Oasisse with volcanoes, magma channels, no water source other than salt geyser (seed: 1825239121) and all 4 difficulty settings set to max. It was fun, but I want more. New colony.

So, which mods should I play to give myself more challenge?
Light Outs seems to give nice darkness challenge. Anything else worth adding?

Nope, to get carnivore I need to start new base to do it before 100th cycle. Locavore and super sustainable is just matter of time to reorganize things which seems not much fun and anyway I I can't get carnivore. Early and mid game is most fun to play. End game is just waiting for materials and is not a challenge at all and I hope this will change with DLC.

Till then I am hoping for some mods. So, any ideas?

19 hours ago, MarcinW said:

Nope, to get carnivore I need to start new base to do it before 100th cycle.

Then you certainly didn't win the hardest game. Getting carnivore+locavore without locking self out of super sustainable is a real test of ONI skill that a hard map can't really offer.

So for new game I think does mods will be included:
- Lights Out mod + expanded lights & decor lights
- Disease Restored (I am playing from release I always wondered why hospitals are useless, why did they even remove this fun content?)

I am not sure about Solar System Map mod, I just wont to check other asteroid map :) Maybe on third base.

Assuming my next game will also take ~200h to reach all achievements it's better to prepare well :)

9 hours ago, MarcinW said:

So for new game I think does mods will be included:
- Lights Out mod + expanded lights & decor lights
- Disease Restored (I am playing from release I always wondered why hospitals are useless, why did they even remove this fun content?)

I am not sure about Solar System Map mod, I just wont to check other asteroid map :) Maybe on third base.

Assuming my next game will also take ~200h to reach all achievements it's better to prepare well :)

Lights out + expanded lights is what I'm doing a game on right now.  It's been very interesting.  One recommendation is to get a toilet up next to your pod immediately, things are going to be quite slow to start out.  The other option is to set your own challenges or restrictions on what you can and cannot do.  I've been compiling a list of possible challenges myself for if I start streaming the game.  A couple examples are restricting how many skills I can give my dupes based on how many different recreation buildings they can use and disallowing myself from using any automation at all.

Here's a nice challenge, one i've been meaning to complete:

Setup a base that is fully sustainable, where all dupes have 24 hours leisure/sleep time. No working AT ALL. The entire base must run itself without any dupe intervention anywhere. Nothing but leisure time for your dupes.

On 3/28/2020 at 6:38 AM, MarcinW said:

I have just achieved final victory on Oasisse with volcanoes, magma channels, no water source other than salt geyser (seed: 1825239121) and all 4 difficulty settings set to max. It was fun, but I want more. New colony.

So, which mods should I play to give myself more challenge?
Light Outs seems to give nice darkness challenge. Anything else worth adding?

you could try Rime with Frozen Core, Metal Poor, Geodormant, and Large Glaciers (S-FRZ-1990833985-0) for a different kind of challenge.  

try the following mods:

- Disease Restored

- Lights Out

- Traits reworked

- Radiation + Fusion Reactor (might be still broken)

- Duplicant Lifecycles

- Dangerous world

- Chemical Burns

Additional, I fell it can be harder to play on Aridio than Oasis, if youi want to change planet

Thanks all for suggestions :)
I already played on Aridio once and it was pretty easy. I guess I got lucky with geysers. That is why this game need predefined scenarios.

Also about beating a game. It got 2 main victories: Home Sweet Home & The Greate Escape. Achiving other things is just like ending college with getting A or C scores. In both cases you made it. So it would be nice to have more final challenges in game (like 10 cycles with no work) or separate them with difficulty setting (as Frostpunk does). 

35 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

Thanks all for suggestions :)
I already played on Aridio once and it was pretty easy. I guess I got lucky with geysers. That is why this game need predefined scenarios.

Also about beating a game. It got 2 main victories: Home Sweet Home & The Greate Escape. Achiving other things is just like ending college with getting A or C scores. In both cases you made it. So it would be nice to have more final challenges in game (like 10 cycles with no work) or separate them with difficulty setting (as Frostpunk does). 

How about https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2036328098

Looking through a game files I found something named Helicona Map
On forum I found some old topic about it. This seams to be a challenge I would like to face! Any idea how do I enable it in 2020?

Archived