Abby nerf?

Aww man I was very excited about the butterfly farm. Now Abby don't seem to attack butterflies now maybe because they are harmless creatures? 
I mean this is pretty op as it can replace berry bushes. I'm able to get like 13 butterfly wings in a span of 3-5 minutes. Reason why it's good because each butterfly wings heals 8 and is a filler. Also you can feed it to werepigs for poop.

awww.JPG.2bef277f16c9f1e3bc0c5155e4a235b1.JPG

aw.JPG

Just now, Ornge said:

What why would they change that

People have been saying that Abby also attacks befriended mobs like befriended pigs and Bernie. For me, I don't think it's a big problem as she can be soothed. If she dies she can just be respawned immediately. 

Abigail is less aggressive while riled up? Feels weird to me because they're too aggressive when calm as well. I see why though-  I had riled abby try to kill my beefalo as soon as I got off them. But when calm? I had to spend 2 extra days hunting moleworms since she kept killing every worm I hammered. I used to be able to avoid this since abigail didn't follow me as closely. I eventually gave up and shoveled my second worm up after a catcoon coughed up my first.

I get having her not attack glommer, befriended pigs, ect but the butterfly farming was a great feature of her getting riled up!  I was very excited to work on a butterfly farm to see how many waffles I could eat O_O

Maybe she needs more forms than just riled and calm.  Maybe she needs a de-summon command, and a rage mode too.

23 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I get having her not attack glommer, befriended pigs, ect but the butterfly farming was a great feature of her getting riled up!  I was very excited to work on a butterfly farm to see how many waffles I could eat O_O

Maybe she needs more forms than just riled and calm.  Maybe she needs a de-summon command, and a rage mode too.

Say what?

you can De-Summon Abigail.. just return her to Calm state and then stand beside her and press return you’ll put her back into her flower.

You have to stand NEAR her to do it though.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Say what?

you can De-Summon Abigail.. just return her to Calm state and then stand beside her and press return you’ll put her back into her flower.

You have to stand NEAR her to do it though.

no you dont you can desummon her by dragging her flower onto her from anywhere  but probably not with a controller sorry folks who use that

Yes, quite a shame that abigail had to take anger management classes, her previous hatred for all life while irritating when it comes to companions was very useful when it comes to lesser creatures such as butterflies, bees, and rabbits.

rest in peace, abigail based farming methods, died before they could even be realised.

24 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

no you dont you can desummon her by dragging her flower onto her from anywhere  but probably not with a controller sorry folks who use that

It’s Actually REALLY Easy to do on Console...  Managing Abigail with just a couple left or right DPAD pushes.

5DB0DACF-B584-4270-89D1-3DE687722F65.gif

23 minutes ago, Shpee said:

Yes, quite a shame that abigail had to take anger management classes, her previous hatred for all life while irritating when it comes to companions was very useful when it comes to lesser creatures such as butterflies, bees, and rabbits.

rest in peace, abigail based farming methods, died before they could even be realised.

She'll still go after rabbits, but yeah butterflies, bees are ignored.  Apparently so are merfolk.

14 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

I think it's fair considering her new upsides, not having her attack butterflies sounds pretty fine when you can punch them yourself.

eh - what is "fair" in a game with wickerbottom and wolfgang lol.  For real, I don't care about fair, I care about unique.  Butterflies are one of the more tedious things to farm in the game, and since Wendy lost her sanity station it would have been cool if she could farm butterflies (and it wouldn't be a switch character feature either) but eh...  I'd like to have some of her aggressiveness returned.

The big thing here is that I liked her being aggro'd on things without me needing to build a weapon and swing on them.

I didn't play a whole lot with her before hand, but personaly I didn't find any issues with her attacking things because I only riled her up when I wanted her to start attacking things anyway, and she switched it off immediately when you started the command to calm, even though you're still going through the animation.

I guess its a lost feature, kinda like Maxwell's diggers ignoring things I'd like them to dig because some people couldn't be bothered to turn it off around their base...

17 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Maybe because not everyone appreciates having Chester, Hutch, Glommer, Bernie, etc being killed by abigail.

Personally I'd rather NOT have abigail mercilessly kill glommer buddy.

I meant the butterfly change buddy

1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

I feel like maybe they should've focused on "Riled Up" Abigail not killing Glommer/Chester/Maxwell's Shadows, everything else was fair game in my eye. :(

I think the intention here was that “Riled Up” was supposed to kill Anything that moved.. which worked perfectly, until used in a sever with more then one person- THEN it was killing everyone else’s pets, shadows, etc... 

What a lot of people DON’T know I guess is when Abigail is in “Soothe” mode she only attacks what directly attacks Wendy, or what Wendy tries to attack herself (just like Pre-Rework Wendy)

The “Riled Up” was more like an “Oh Crap... 20 Dogs are coming, Okay Abigail it’s time to put your Grr face On!”

Which like I said- Worked Perfectly in Single Player, but then once the dogs were dead and people didn’t know how to, or WORSE did know how to Soothe Abigail but kept her Riled for Trolling Purposes.. She Murdered everything in Sight.

Abigail was quickly killing Butterfly for me and Rabbits.. she was sooo useful :( but now they’ve patched that in less than 2 days time.

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think the intention here was that “Riled Up” was supposed to kill Anything that moved.. which worked perfectly, until used in a sever with more then one person- THEN it was killing everyone else’s pets, shadows, etc... 

What a lot of people DON’T know I guess is when Abigail is in “Soothe” mode she only attacks what directly attacks Wendy, or what Wendy tries to attack herself (just like Pre-Rework Wendy)

The “Riled Up” was more like an “Oh Crap... 20 Dogs are coming, Okay Abigail it’s time to put your Grr face On!”

Which like I said- Worked Perfectly in Single Player, but then once the dogs were dead and people didn’t know how to, or WORSE did know how to Soothe Abigail but kept her Riled for Trolling Purposes.. She Murdered everything in Sight.

Abigail was quickly killing Butterfly for me and Rabbits.. she was sooo useful :( but now they’ve patched that in less than 2 days time.

it also focused the tiny tentacles easily in caves :)

On 3/21/2020 at 12:38 AM, Shosuko said:

She'll still go after rabbits, but yeah butterflies, bees are ignored.  Apparently so are merfolk.

eh - what is "fair" in a game with wickerbottom and wolfgang lol.  For real, I don't care about fair, I care about unique.  Butterflies are one of the more tedious things to farm in the game, and since Wendy lost her sanity station it would have been cool if she could farm butterflies (and it wouldn't be a switch character feature either) but eh...  I'd like to have some of her aggressiveness returned.

The big thing here is that I liked her being aggro'd on things without me needing to build a weapon and swing on them.

I didn't play a whole lot with her before hand, but personaly I didn't find any issues with her attacking things because I only riled her up when I wanted her to start attacking things anyway, and she switched it off immediately when you started the command to calm, even though you're still going through the animation.

I guess its a lost feature, kinda like Maxwell's diggers ignoring things I'd like them to dig because some people couldn't be bothered to turn it off around their base...

sigh time to get back to fire farm and lave pools for butterfly wings ):

Archived