RIP the Abigail Sanity Station

11 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

On another note, not only did they remove sanity stations, they gave us a means of recovering sanity that is more maintenance intensive considering that we now have to sucker in petals to the Sisturn all the time as the petals rot away compared to a Sanity station which can be left alone at your leisure once its set up.

Sadly, exploits like these, while being intelligent uses of oversights and bugs and whatnot in the game engine, are still exploits and face beig patched out. Other examples include the infinite Lantern glitch remova in DS alone and inventory being designed in DST to prevent inventory burning to name a few.

While I do agree with this and see that as being a part of DST, I was not expecting this to happen with the Abigail Sanity Station since it had already undergone its previous nerf. But if they really wanted to remove it for good, then so be it, I will accept it and move on with other methods instead (though the Abi station was still the most user-friendly version of sanity stations, and it would be sad if its truly gone).

Sanity station is not a bug but I think it is unintended content. When you can regain more than 200 sanity in just 5 seconds,it isnt right. I do hope this a future neft to wicker, when they rework wickerbottom cant read books at 0 sanity and there will be no satiny station to help her gain back sanity to continue spaming.

2 minutes ago, FuriousChimera said:

Sanity station is not a bug but I think it is unintended content. When you can regain more than 200 sanity in just 5 seconds,it just not right. I do hope this a future neft to wicker, when they rework wickerbottom cant read books at 0 sanity and there will be no satiny station to help her gain back sanity to continue spaming.

Clarification: wicker can still spam at 0 sanity, and can also spam without danger in the Lunar Island.

1 minute ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

Killing deerclops with reworked Wendy was flexed not once, not twice, but three separate times and all 3 times I failed to understand how that has anything to with the sanity station that this original post is about. Am I missing something here?

The OP says they want Wendy reverted back to old.. I showed how the new Sisturn is 100% better.

You can’t have a faster summoned Abigail and A portable Sanity station pod at the same time.. that would be too broken & OP.

Is it not enough that Wendy no longer loses 40% Sanity upon summoning Abigail or being near Ghost mobs?

The TL:DR Klei made Wendy less likely to lose Sanity, so a Stationary Structure that recovers it balances everything out in the end result.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The OP says they want Wendy reverted back to old..

Unless I am reading the wrong post, I see absolutely no indication that is what lakhnish said. Not a single word. 

"They've removed the ability for Abigail's flowers to despawn into regular flowers all together, so no more Abigail Sanity Stations, which were initially nerfed/balanced out to what they were before. RIP"

5 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Clarification: wicker can still spam at 0 sanity, and can also spam without danger in the Lunar Island.

i meant in the future, if wicker gets nert to she cant read book at 0 sanity, then remove the sanity station is a way to prevent her form spaming books again.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is it not enough that Wendy no longer loses 40% Sanity upon summoning Abigail or being near Ghost mobs?

The TL:DR Klei made Wendy less likely to lose Sanity, so a Stationary Structure that recovers it balances everything out in the end result.

The thing about the sanity station is that it was Wendy's greatest contribution not only to herself but to any team. It was a high-effort, high-reward strategy which benefited everyone rather than just wendy.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The OP says they want Wendy reverted back to old.. I showed how the new Sisturn is 100% better.

2 minutes ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

Unless I am reading the wrong post, I see absolutely no indication that is what lakhnish said. Not a single word. 

"They've removed the ability for Abigail's flowers to despawn into regular flowers all together, so no more Abigail Sanity Stations, which were initially nerfed/balanced out to what they were before. RIP"

This.

1 minute ago, FuriousChimera said:

i meant in the future, if wicker gets nert to she cant read book at 0 sanity, then remove the sanity station is a way to prevent her form spaming books again.

While said nerfs are to be expected despite having no confirmation yet, i dont see why removing just the sanity station would prevent her from spamming books because other effective forms of sanity regain like Taffy, Jerky and the Tam exist.

3 hours ago, FuriousChimera said:

I do hope this a future neft to wicker, when they rework wickerbottom cant read books at 0 sanity and there will be no satiny station to help her gain back sanity to continue spaming.

I feel like that wouldn't make sense though. Wickerbottoms books don't cost sanity to read, she just loses sanity as a result of reading them.

Reading the book makes her lose sanity 

Losing sanity doesn't make her read the book (if that makes sense)

Good, I never really cared for sanity stations, and every time I played with friends late game they'd always bug me to make them one.

I guess I can finally get rid of that sanity station mod then, literally only had it due to said friends.

Really sanity was never an issue for me, so I never felt the need for a sanity station. I know tons of people are going to disagree with me on this but I'm glad they removed sanity stations.

You can still have a more modest "sanity station" just by planting butterflies/flowers and converting them into evil variant. Ofc is not as efficient but still gives a boost of sanity if used like one derived from Abi flowers decay if players are really into all that. Also I don't get the fuss, more so as some of you people here advocated in other past threads for DST to be more hard, heavy survival oriented, "exploits" and the like be fixed, etc. I for one am indifferent regarding all mentioned, in fact fixing some not-intended mechanics could be better on the long run depending on how that's achieved. In my view Abi sanity station was more of a decorative thing, because when you achieve it most likely sanity isn't an issue for you anymore.

Ah, and where are all the edgy people going "being always insane is oh so desired u noob" a.s.o.?! :rolleyes:

The new sisturn might be weaker, but the new one can be crafted way more easily. Especially useful in pubs. Also I never really liked standing there doing nothing for a minute to restore my sanity (maybe my flowers were not perfectly spaced idk). With the sisturn you can craft a bunch of them and place them around your base so you can gain while going around your chests or your campfire. I haven't done that yet so idk if it works as good as it sounds but this might be what's intended here.

Edit: I don't see myself doing that. The radius is quite small

2 hours ago, csc_unit said:

New Wendy gameplay for pubs:

Kill spiders, make bugnet, catch butterflies and make a nice flower garden to fill a couple sisturns around base.

Hopefully this doesn't end up being  all of it :apthy:

I just want Ectoherbology potions to stack.. and to last a bit longer. Abigail is already way more powerful now due to the Sisturn letting her reach full potential faster.

where as Pre-Rework Wendy would’ve needed to wait several more days to bloom the flower, then drop it on the ground and murder something near it to Summon Abigail.

Being able to Summon and Un-Summon Abigail at your command is incredibly powerful, Abigails Flower should never have to leave Wendy’s Inventory now.

Thats what I see when I look at Klei’s Wendy Rework.

Crafting a whole bunch of Abigail Flowers and just leaving them laying around to regain Sanity is something I NEVER saw ANYONE EVER do in ALL of my time playing DST on Console (So maybe this is strictly a PC pub server thing??)

Either way I can’t believe people are complaining about it lol, the old way someone could’ve took all your flowers and ran off with them, at least NOW they’ll need to burn or hammer down a Stationary structure..

I mean Wendy's late game is Is late stronger as well  mean consider the fact you now have a mass healing item for abi which doesn't spoil and can be spammed making abi semi invincible and while I don't have the numbers damage reflect or a damage boost option it does make abi more versatile than aplayer and keep in mind that in most situations abi will have all the aggro allowing you to swap effects on the fly as needed for her it might actually be too powerful allowing them to stack in a sense she's powerhouse who's only as strong as her caretaker.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, Axelocke said:

Plus you don't need to kill Bee Queen for her crown! :wilson_smile:

But the old sanity station was good for both becoming sane and insane. It was a good way to farm shadow creatures. Killing Bee Queen isn't too bad with Winona catapults...

10 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

But the old sanity station was good for both becoming sane and insane. It was a good way to farm shadow creatures. Killing Bee Queen isn't too bad with Winona catapults...

they can maybe patch the Sisturn to also allow evil flower to reduce sanity and provide the same results.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:22 PM, 00petar00 said:

Killing Bee Queen early on actually had a big purpose, now not so much anymore. Still worth having an elaborate setup done for healing but half the reason behind killing her is gone.

.....bundling wrap? Did people really mostly kill Bee Queen for the sanity station?!

Good riddance. The sanity station has always been ridiculous, I can’t believe some people are actually complaining about this. Like seriously... you’re able to kill Bee Queen but don’t know how to manage your sanity? Klei blessed us with taffy, make some.

1 hour ago, Ali Bun said:

But the old sanity station was good for both becoming sane and insane. It was a good way to farm shadow creatures. 

Plenty of ways to become sane and insane, especially late game.

I’ve been wanting them to get rid of Abigail’s flower despawning and turning into regular flowers for the longest time. Now they have all these gorgeous new skins and blooming animations for it, I’m stoked. They did an amazing job, I hope they don’t change it back. 

Side note: it’s always so embarrassing when Klei works hard to give us an update and people nitpick every little thing possible more than being grateful. I’m not talking about those who give useful feedback, I’m talking about the whiners who refuse to evolve with the game.

43 minutes ago, reichull said:

Side note: it’s always so embarrassing when Klei works hard to give us an update and people nitpick every little thing possible more than being grateful. I’m not talking about those who give useful feedback, I’m talking about the whiners who refuse to evolve with the game.

The reason why I made this thread was not because I was advocating for it to come back, but to mourn its loss. 

Can I live without the Abi sanity station? Of course I can.

No, the reason why I made this thread was because to me, this specific station represented player ingenuity and creativity for experimenting in this game and coming up with something no one else would have thought of.

Instead of it being removed completely when discovered, it was instead made into its previous version, which at least to me, seemed like a reward for trying to be creative with the game, which was a nice drive for me to try and learn other unknown things about the game.

Of course, I saw other point of views in the thread here, mainly ones that didn't like the station in the first place, which I now understand. If the tone I gave off made it seem like I was complaining, then I apologize.

But with your comment here, I finally see how I was in the wrong for making this post in the first place. Thanks.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:24 PM, Owlrus98 said:

On one hand I hear all the time: "the game needs to be harder". But on the other hand I hear all the time " why are they removing exploits!?"

Not sure there's really a good bridge between the two tbh.

Speaking of exploits, you can spam spawn Abigail to kill things, as long as you have the patience for it and the mob doesn't regen HP overtime or from going to their home/respawn. Klei should make at least a 30 seconds cooldown for when Abigail dies. So, in theory, you could make Abigail solo a lot of bosses.

Your not wrong for making posts, Your concerns should be valued just as much as Anyone else’s.

I kinda want to be able to put Evil Flower into a Sisturn though... or Mourning Glory, I was sad that it’s only use was to store normal flower petals.

Normal Petals could increase Abby Charge rate and Provide Sanity when Standing Near.

Evil Flower could increase Abby Damage and Provide Sanity Loss when Standing Near.

Filling it with Mourning Glory However... I Don’t know what THAT should do.. Maybe make Abigail Glow Brighter and Provide a Sanity Aurora around Abigail herself as Like sort of a Night Light & way to make Glommer no longer as important.

Im not joking.. Mourning Glory is used in crafting Abigail Flowers (I bought her flower skin set so I’d painfully know this first hand, lol..) and in Ectoherbology so it is ALREADY Wendy’s most valuable Resource.

I hope they patch Mourning Glory so that NON-WENDYS Can not interact with it.. please, it’s weird to see a Webber swoop in and steal them when I get hit by Frog Rain dropping them, when he can’t even use them like AT ALL.

23 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

The reason why I made this thread was not because I was advocating for it to come back, but to mourn its loss. 

Can I live without the Abi sanity station? Of course I can.

No, the reason why I made this thread was because to me, this specific station represented player ingenuity and creativity for experimenting in this game and coming up with something no one else would have thought of.

Instead of it being removed completely when discovered, it was instead made into its previous version, which at least to me, seemed like a reward for trying to be creative with the game, which was a nice drive for me to try and learn other unknown things about the game.

Of course, I saw other point of views in the thread here, mainly ones that didn't like the station in the first place, which I now understand. If the tone I gave off made it seem like I was complaining, then I apologize.

But with your comment here, I finally see how I was in the wrong for making this post in the first place. Thanks.

I just want to give my 2 cents by saying that I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what you said in this entire thread nor the thread itself. I get the impression that you think you were "in the wrong" by "refusing to evolve with the game". By that logic, if Klei introduced pay2win microtransactions, I would be a whiner who refuses to evolve with the game. There is nothing wrong with having a negative opinion as long as it isn't destructive. 

As a side note, this is coming from someone who personally dislikes the old sanity station because of the bee queen crown requirement and the likelihood of someone wandering off with it either by accident or on purpose. 

Archived