RIP the Abigail Sanity Station

42 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

If the tone I gave off made it seem like I was complaining, then I apologize.

But with your comment here, I finally see how I was in the wrong for making this post in the first place. Thanks.

You don’t need to apologize, this thread wasn’t a mistake and nothing I said was directed toward you. The sanity station was cool and creative in terms of a community made set-piece.

I only felt compelled to say something when I saw people complaining and hoping that it would get fixed. Klei is paying attention to feedback and making changes, I don’t want them thinking everyone wants it changed back- because some of us feel differently. 

3 hours ago, reichull said:

.....bundling wrap? Did people really mostly kill Bee Queen for the sanity station?!

Good riddance. The sanity station has always been ridiculous, I can’t believe some people are actually complaining about this. Like seriously... you’re able to kill Bee Queen but don’t know how to manage your sanity? Klei blessed us with taffy, make some.

Plenty of ways to become sane and insane, especially late game.

I’ve been wanting them to get rid of Abigail’s flower despawning and turning into regular flowers for the longest time. Now they have all these gorgeous new skins and blooming animations for it, I’m stoked. They did an amazing job, I hope they don’t change it back. 

Side note: it’s always so embarrassing when Klei works hard to give us an update and people nitpick every little thing possible more than being grateful. I’m not talking about those who give useful feedback, I’m talking about the whiners who refuse to evolve with the game.

How is sanity station ridiculous? Sanity was never an issue in the game or something to fear. There are many things in the game that are considered OP and are really convenient but never changed. The only reason sanity station was nerfed is because it was tied  to abigail's flowers, if you could place normal flowers closer, it wouldn't be changed. Klei doesn't balance the game the way you think otherwise there's no way that the 3 strongest characters would stay strongest so long and you should also consider beeboxes/stone fruit trees.

Bundling wrap is only for convenience and bee queen is one of the strongest bosses to kill solo unless you do it with Wicker/Winona or build a lot of bunny houses. Often times by the time you are ready to kill bee queen, you'll have endless food supply setup unless you are rushing the boss.

You realize how much effort it took to build sanity station in survival mode without mods? It was not a cheap process that could be done on a new world and there was also requirement of killing bee queen. So i'd say it was pretty okay and i just enjoyed having something like that to do on all my long time worlds. Its not like for example stone fruit trees that you could obtain in first 10 days and have unlimited vegetable and stone.

I am not complaining here about sanity stations being removed, i don't have trouble managing sanity.The issue is it is one of big projects being gone from late game, i think having more stuff i need to do on long term worlds is something that is really important.This took a big enough effort and gave  a big enough reason to make it.

9 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

How is sanity station ridiculous?

—————————

You realize how much effort it took to build sanity station in survival mode without mods? It was not a cheap process that could be done on a new world and there was also requirement of killing bee queen.

You kinda answered your own question. Expensive, annoying process for something easily manageable anyway. 

I understand it was a “big project” for some people to do late game but this community is very smart and creative and moving forward I’m sure people will come up with something new to work on in its place. Endless amount of projects and ways to keep busy in a world. 

It’s obvious Klei thought about the impact of the loss of the sanity station before this and they made an effort to try to give us an alternative. That was thoughtful and nice of them, I’m sad their effort wasn’t enough for some people. 

Don’t forget- We have to think about Wendy mains and not just people who switch to Wendy once to do an exploit and never play her again after.

Spoiler

Abigail’s flower doesn’t have the same recipe anymore. I feel like the extra steps you have take to even obtain Mourning Glory makes it a tedious thing to craft, it shouldn’t despawn over time if left on the floor.

Spoiler

Neither should any character items for that matter. They did the fix for skinned backpacks and it’s something I’d want them to fix about Wes’ balloons and 0% Bernie too. I’d seriously hate for Winona’s tape, Maxwell’s book, Willow’s lighter, etc. to despawn over time, it would be very inconvenient. But that’s getting a bit off topic, I just had to make that point.

This is the last response I will be making on this thread since I didn’t come here to argue, as I said- Klei is reading feedback and it’s important we all give our opinions before they decide to make any changes. 

On 3/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, reichull said:

.....bundling wrap? Did people really mostly kill Bee Queen for the sanity station?!

I mean that was a given too but still. You sorta need the Crowns too for fuel weaver. Also They over all made her weaker to mobs even if she can cover more ground. Only 12 hits compared to 20? It sucks, but at least they'll fix it..

21 hours ago, reichull said:

You kinda answered your own question. Expensive, annoying process for something easily manageable anyway. 

I understand it was a “big project” for some people to do late game but this community is very smart and creative and moving forward I’m sure people will come up with something new to work on in its place. Endless amount of projects and ways to keep busy in a world. 

It’s obvious Klei thought about the impact of the loss of the sanity station before this and they made an effort to try to give us an alternative. That was thoughtful and nice of them, I’m sad their effort wasn’t enough for some people. 

Don’t forget- We have to think about Wendy mains and not just people who switch to Wendy once to do an exploit and never play her again after.

Reveal hidden contents

Abigail’s flower doesn’t have the same recipe anymore. I feel like the extra steps you have take to even obtain Mourning Glory makes it a tedious thing to craft, it shouldn’t despawn over time if left on the floor.

Reveal hidden contents

Neither should any character items for that matter. They did the fix for skinned backpacks and it’s something I’d want them to fix about Wes’ balloons and 0% Bernie too. I’d seriously hate for Winona’s tape, Maxwell’s book, Willow’s lighter, etc. to despawn over time, it would be very inconvenient. But that’s getting a bit off topic, I just had to make that point.

This is the last response I will be making on this thread since I didn’t come here to argue, as I said- Klei is reading feedback and it’s important we all give our opinions before they decide to make any changes. 

Yes but if it is something expensive while easily managable, there's no reason to change it if some people still decide to build it.

Also if you have noticed Klei has already decided on their stance for switching characters, they aren't chnging or nerfing. It is easily done, if for example there's no winona, why not disable all the catapults?Klei isn't doing this and It will stay the way it is,if all the other characters are like that, there's no reason for Wendy to be an exception.

I am all for characters having their own unique abilities and i think every character should have a reason to be played outside of you liking their lore/skillset. It is sad to see if some characters are just used like that for permanent benefit while you don't pick them up again, that's why they need enough fun and powerful traits/abilities on their own to make it worthwhile playing them.

14 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Yes but if it is something expensive while easily managable, there's no reason to change it if some people still decide to build it.

I think that's even more of a reason to remove it/ alter it, actually. Especially given that the Sisturn was put in instead, which is not expensive and makes sanity even more manageable. 

5 hours ago, Spirit Glow said:

I think that's even more of a reason to remove it/ alter it, actually. Especially given that the Sisturn was put in instead, which is not expensive and makes sanity even more manageable. 

I agree with you- and I would prefer it if Klei didn’t have to waste their time thinking about a completely optional End Game thing that people used to do.

And instead focused on more important things like fixing the Console version so that we don’t Accidentally hit Abigail in 1 hit returning her back to her lowest possible health & removing the potion effect I just applied onto her.

Bee Queen crown sanity stations was probably something very few people ever actually used.. Meanwhile the Sisturn will bring Sanity levels back upwards regardless of if your wearing a top hat or Garland. Sisturn is incredibly easy to craft & Maintain And While Sanity Station isn’t it’s #1 Intended Purpose, it can still be used to effectively negate Sanity drain.

Mainly what the Majority Of Wendy players want to see is Abigails potions lasting little bit longer and being able to stack.

If I want to apply a Shield, a Speed boost & a Damage elixer to Abby all at one time.. why can’t I do that??

People who do NOT Main Wendy do not understand that I am now walking around almost always carrying Mourning Glory, Abigails Flower, Ashes, Flower Petals, and 2-3 different potion effectively taking up ALOT of my backpack slots.

It would be so much more convenient if potions lasted maybe 2-3 minutes.. and I can apply all 3 of them onto Abigail all at once, that way I can free up those 3 inventory slots of potions by giving them to Abigail for Temporary Stat Boosts, without wasting them.

But.. Perhaps Klei SHOULD NOT Increase the Time that potions last and should instead allow us to apply the same potion 2 or 3 Times to increase its Duration (with an obvious Cap off point to avoid 7 hour OP Abigails)

So like If say for example- if a the Defense potion lasted for 60 Seconds. giving Abigail two 60 Second Defense Potions would be 120 seconds worth of Defense potion. 

giving her 3 of Said Potion at once would allow the potions duration to last 3 minutes.

YaY!

personally i don't see the importance of it, yes it was an interesting use of game mechanics, but it was also nigh worthless considering the fact that one can do the same thing relatively easily by eating a few mushrooms or killing a few shadows, far less effort compared to killing the queen bee and  getting all the flowers crafted, all just to make an already irrelevant stat for the ones that were able to make a sanity station in the first place even more irrelevant.

all and all, sanity bad, sanity stations were a novelty, and killing a couple terrorbeaks is much easier than killing the queen bee.

hello, sanity rework?

Archived