RIP the Abigail Sanity Station

2 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

They've removed the ability for Abigail's flowers to despawn into regular flowers all together, so no more Abigail Sanity Stations, which were initially nerfed/balanced out to what they were before. RIP

they added a sanity station in the building tab

Craft multiple Sisturns, Problem solved.

Im pretty sure she can’t spawn her own flowers anymore because of how much that would assist Wormwood and in Bee Farms.

Also Abigail can be used as a Night Light now...SOMETHING Else had to get a Nerf.

As a Wendy Main though- There are a few things I Dislike about this Rework.

the first and most important, Ectoherbology potion effects don’t stack... they Need to! 

Secondly even with the Rile Up and Soothe options Abigail still lags miles behind Wendy often off the screen. I can put her in her Flower I guess.. BUT, Pipspook follow closer to Wendy then Abigail will... which just seems Wrong :( 

Other than that- Perfect Rework.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I did it, is still inferior to the old Station.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also Abigail can be used as a Night Light now...SOMETHING Else had to get a Nerf.

Is not a good exchange tho.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im pretty sure she can’t spawn her own flowers anymore because of how much that would assist Wormwood and in Bee Farms.

As a Wendy Main though- There are a few things I Dislike about this Rework.

the first and most important, Ectoherbology potion effects don’t stack... they Need to! 

Secondly even with the Rile Up and Soothe options Abigail still lags miles behind Wendy often off the screen. I can put her in her Flower I guess.. BUT, Pipspook follow closer to Wendy then Abigail will... which just seems Wrong :( 

Other than that- Perfect Rework.

I agree, Abigail still need a bit more buffing, mostly just stacking the effects or increasing her stats in general (600 HP is okay at best and don't expect me to sit at 1 HP just so Abigail can attack for 60)

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

29 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they added a sanity station in the building tab

The sisturn is only +25 sanity and you only gain the sanity from the one cause it has a small radius for which you gain sanity (you need to be right next to it for the full +25 sanity gain). 

You also can't place sisturn's close together enough to gain more sanity either.

34 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

On one hand I hear all the time: "the game needs to be harder". But on the other hand I hear all the time " why are they removing exploits!?"

Not sure there's really a good bridge between the two tbh.

I just took Deerclops down without a football helmet, any body armor at all... and just a Spear and clever use of Abigail.

The people complaining are just complaining for the sake of complaining- The Sisturn gives a Sanity boost when standing near it but that’s not ALL that it does...

it also increases the rate of speed in which Abigails Flower fully blooms regardless of if your near the Sisturn or not.

The biggest reason WHY I was able to do that is because Abigails Flower never leaves Wendy’s Inventory even if Abby Dies now... so I never had to try and Recover her Flower, Which made the fight super Easy. <3

19 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

On one hand I hear all the time: "the game needs to be harder". But on the other hand I hear all the time " why are they removing exploits!?"

You used to be able to stack abigail flowers on top of each other for crazy sanity gains, which can most certainly be considered an exploit at that time.

The stacking of Abigail flowers was not only removed (the second sentence you wrote), but then required that Abigail flowers needed some distance from each other to despawn.

Now it is just gone forever via the Abi flowers. If that is the intention, then so be it. But at least people will know that it was at one point a thing

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The people complaining are just complaining for the sake of complaining

I would think that's it better for people to know the full changes of what has happened as there were worries about this before the rework dropped vs. saying I'm just here to complain for the sake of complaining, thank you very much :>

Sisturns are too easy to build and are much nerfed version of sanity station.

Killing Bee Queen early on actually had a big purpose, now not so much anymore. Still worth having an elaborate setup done for healing but half the reason behind killing her is gone.

The sanity station had its value but it was weirdly built from abigail's flowers, i think the change should be made to planting butterflies so you can actually plant them a  bit closer to still make it possible for people to make sanity stations.

You can have unlimited stone and food from stone fruit trees, big bee box farms, varg trap with unlimited monster meat/gems, klei doesn't nerf such things and there was never an issue, some people complaining but usually setting these required a lot of effort.

Its more for the sake of convenience and cutting down time you spend on mindless repeatable tasks like gathering food the hard way when you can invest time into a farm setup so you can solve the issue for good and free more time to build base or kill bosses, its the same with sanity station, having low sanity is usually really good so you can farm nightmare fuel and using sanity station to manipulate your sanity for your convenience, it really shouldn't be something people complain about being in the game.

24 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You're being way too dismissive. They're complaining because something they enjoyed and used was essentially removed.

it’s not removed, just changed a bit- but like I said... if the Sisturn’s ONLY use was to just to provide Sanity I would be just as Angry as you are...

But the Sisturns MAIN use is to speed up the time in which Abigails Flower fully blossoms. I have Two of them placed in my world at the moment and Abigail is leveling up super fast.

In a way... it’s even stronger than the old flower Cycling Routine, What would normally have taken 4-5 game days Is now only taking about a day and a half.

It COULD be a glitch (I hope not.. :( ) But If this was intentional then it defiantly makes Abigail so much better.

Paired with not needing to go recover Abigails Flower from the spot she was just killed in, And not needing to create more Abigail Flowers..

Just remember to check your Sisturns every so often to ensure that the flower petals placed inside haven’t turned into Rot or else they stop working..

this Update is Awesome. I solo’d Deerclops with Abigail, No Helmet Just one Spear.. and no body Armor on.. :D 

Pre-Re-Work Wendy I Would’ve died.. IMMEDIATELY just trying to recover the flipping flower from under Deerclops feet. 

1 hour ago, Owlrus98 said:

On one hand I hear all the time: "the game needs to be harder". 

With new content.

1 hour ago, Owlrus98 said:

But on the other hand I hear all the time " why are they removing exploits!?"

My problem is more on how the Rework hasn't made Abigail any stronger and removed one of the only unique and useful things that wendy could do, This fells like a Nerf to a low-tier character.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

it’s not removed, just changed a bit- but like I said... if the Sisturn’s ONKY use was to just to provide Sanity I would be just as Angry as you are...

I'm far from angry. I'm more indifferent to the whole thing. I've never really needed a sanity station, but I can understand why people might be upset by it being replaced with an inferior version. I was more annoyed by how overly dismissive you were about valid complaints.

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm far from angry. I'm more indifferent to the whole thing. I've never really needed a sanity station, but I can understand why people might be upset by it being replaced with an inferior version. I was more annoyed by how overly dismissive you were about valid complaints.

Understandable, and I apologize, but I thought people were complaining about the Sisturn itself sucking.... and if your using it ONLY as a Stationary Sanity station then yeah obviously it’s going to suck.. ESPECIALLY when this is what the Patch Notes say about it- 

But for its ACTUAL Purpose- the thing is freaking Awesome and it allows Abigails flower to fully bloom much faster than Pre-ReWork Wendy..

812E4F39-670D-47AF-AC43-7BEB994C4028.jpeg

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Understandable, and I apologize, but I thought people were complaining about the Sisturn itself sucking.... and if your using it ONLY as a Stationary Sanity station then yeah obviously it’s going to suck.. ESPECIALLY when this is what the Patch Notes say about it- 

But for its ACTUAL Purpose- the thing is freaking Awesome and it allows Abigails flower to fully bloom much faster than Pre-ReWork Wendy..

I would appreciate if you don't derail this thread. Thank you very much.

Edit: Derailing by "[talking] about the sisturn's other use for Abi summoning" when I made this about Sanity Stations.

Needs some stats tweaks , yes.
In my opinion

1- Potion effects stacking ( Different ones)

2- Stronger stats

3- Abigail stronger hp pool ( 1200 with Sisturn or potion )
4- Increased abis dmg ( more than 59 at 1 hp ), we lost the bonus dmg at night-dusk in exchange for being low in hp, which, if you commit to melee to help her you are at risk if you want the maximum of it, the distribution dmg, also makes it weak, rather barely noticeable ( it's annoying if you aren't in ur own server at 0 ping , in fact this only encourages taming a beefalo to avoid that risk if you want to be at 1 hp )
5-. Maybe make it lower sanity for more dmg, you make a cap if its for hp ( like 50hp or 25 hp the dmg you would get at 1 hp )

6- Defensive potion isn't working or just very weak

You still need to time and retreat her to not let her die but stacking potions helps here , specially if you want her to taunt or do more dmg and quickly retreat or use her hp regen potions to keep her tanking while in combat. ( take for example day 1~3. a bishop + knight , you can effectively clear it without armor , but abi barely surviving for now <- and using defensive potion)

Farming mourning glory its a bit grindy and demands going out of your way... which is okay, i liked it, but seems really weak  in terms of what she offers. i expected her to do a little more, but the rework was on point, she is really close to what i want her to be. She just needs more numbers and i'll be happy.

Thank you Klei , they really hear us <3 

pd: maybe not related to the post, but i still wanted to rant, and about the sanity station, what if mourning glory left on the ground offers the same sanity aura? 

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How is pointing out an items Actual Purpose derailing a thread?

B/c I made this thread about sanity stations via the Abigail flower no longer being a thing, not about the sisturn's other use for Abi summoning, which I've already discussed above.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

How is pointing out an items Actual Purpose derailing a thread?

Talking mainly about the Sisturn and its other functions is far from discussion regarding Sanity Stations. Which is derailing the thread.

On another note, not only did they remove sanity stations, they gave us a means of recovering sanity that is more maintenance intensive considering that we now have to sucker in petals to the Sisturn all the time as the petals rot away compared to a Sanity station which can be left alone at your leisure once its set up.

Sadly, exploits like these, while being intelligent uses of oversights and bugs and whatnot in the game engine, are still exploits and face beig patched out. Other examples include the infinite Lantern glitch remova in DS alone and inventory being designed in DST to prevent inventory burning to name a few.

This isn’t the full fight.. I obviously couldn’t get the full fight into a 40 second GiF... 

But with the power of Extremely Faster flower Blossoming thanks to the New Sisturn And being able to Summon Abigail at my own command without needing Multiple Flowers or waiting days on end to do so.. Deerclops has been Slain.

Without a Football Helmet, Without Armor, And With only a Spear & Abby.

OBVIOUSLY This Wouldn’t have worked with Pre-Rework Wendy because I’d wait forever for the flower to blossom then I’d have to throw it on the ground and kill a nearby bee or something just to Summon Abigail. If I went into the fight WITH Abigail Already summoned.. She would’ve instantly went to attack Deerclops and died.

So yes RIP OLD Wendy Sanity Station, But Hail to the Powers that Be a No longer Weak Abigail.

D40FD083-0796-4219-B859-F595EDF90ACD.gif

Archived