What to do in a very late game world?

so me and my friends have survived for over 570 days in a cheatless world, the only "cheats" we used were a few rollbacks and most settings were left to default except disease, I can say I've pretty much done everything, I've killed the bee queen 3 times, I've killed the dragonfly 3 times as well, I've built and used the celestial portal, I've found the lunar island and made glass tools and swords, I've raised a baby tallbird (that ended terribly during a hound wave), and I have killed most seasonal bosses, over and over and over. I have like 8 thick furs from bearger, so I believe that this might be the 8th year of my world, I have tamed a beefalo, I have built a great base in the oasis, we have found and explored the ruins, repaired a pseudoscience station, made thulecite armor duplicated it via construct amulets and deconstruction staff, I have built bunnymen and pigmen villages, and yesterday I killed the ancient guardian and finally made a houndious shootious. Plus I am just bored of every character, the refreshes won't do it for me, and sadly Klei said they won't be really adding any brand new characters in 2020...so what do I do now? stop playing and wait for a new major update?, plus I won't even try killing the raid bosses with the insane amount of HP, I just can't.

In my opinion you should try giving Toadstool and Ancient Fuelweaver a shot, they're not that hard once you learn the pattern of their attacks and phases, plus since you mentioned you play with friends it should be even more fun trying it out for the first time and facing the challenge, other than that you could also face Klaus ( not sure if he counts as a raid boss ), his fight isn't too complicated either and can be quite fun. You could also try setting up diffrent farms ( Varg, Krampus ) or decorate/start a megabase, open sea is also a thing so sailing out and trying to find salt or kill malbatross or just simply enjoying boating and fishing shouldn't be too boring, but again it's entirely up to you if you enjoy such things.

2 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

In my opinion you should try giving Toadstool and Ancient Fuelweaver a shot, they're not that hard once you learn the pattern of their attacks and phases, plus since you mentioned you play with friends it should be even more fun trying it out for the first time and facing the challenge, other than that you could also face Klaus ( not sure if he counts as a raid boss ), his fight isn't too complicated either and can be quite fun. You could also try setting up diffrent farms ( Varg, Krampus ) or decorate/start a megabase, open sea is also a thing so sailing out and trying to find salt or kill malbatross or just simply enjoying boating and fishing shouldn't be too boring, but again it's entirely up to you if you enjoy such things.

remember when I said I killed the ancient guardian...? my friends were ghosts during that time...and they can't kite easily.. I usually handle all the bosses :/ and believe me I made a cheat world earlier and tried the ancient fuelweaver it's just dumb he just regenerates insane amounts of hp while you're trapped in bone cages, and toadstool it's just way too much he has an insane healthpool and if he manages to regenerate health it becomes even harder. plus he spoils your pierogi and hambats :/ 

tbh you know what I would love? an adventure mode in multiplayer! maybe we could dethrone the current owner from the nightmare throne and play as them? just like in the adventure mode of single player Don't starve...or maybe have a boss battle with them? I hope Klei does something like that one day..

Console players don’t have mods, for me I just erase any existing world that’s lasted too long and starts causing ridiculous amounts of lag and I start over (most the time as a new player character choice)

there is a world of difference between playing as Willow and then playing as Wortox, and that’s what I like most about DST.. new skins to make my characters and worlds look different and 15+ playable characters each one with drastically differing play styles.

THIS is the very REASON why Wendy is getting more interaction with her Ghost Sister, Graveyards & they’ve added the new Pipspook Mobs.

Character refreshes have never been about Buffing X character to better compare to Y better character or Nerfing X character so they aren’t broken and OP.. it’s about making each one entertaining and engaging to play as.

As a Wendy main I’m excited for her Rework in 3 Days, but after seeing the Awesome Reworks that have been-

Willow, Woodie, Winona, Warly & (coming soon) Wendy. 

I absolutely can not wait to see everyone else’s Refresh as well!

The TL:DR- Delete world start over as different character.

3 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

tried the ancient fuelweaver it's just dumb he just regenerates insane amounts of hp while you're trapped in bone cages

Bring a lazy explorer to escape the bone cages, and a weather pain to help deal with the woven shadows. A nightmare amulet will also aid in killing the unseen hands due to you needing to be insane to attack them.

3 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

toadstool it's just way too much he has an insane healthpool and if he manages to regenerate health it becomes even harder. plus he spoils your pierogi and hambats

I don't think toadstool recovers health in any way during the fight. He might if he escapes back into the hole, but he'll only do that if no one has attacked him in a while. And a trick for dealing with the spoiling mechanic: Make an icebox or a chest nearby and put all your food in there (also don't use hambats). Just make sure no one goes near it while they have that spore stuck to their head, as the cloud can effect other inventories if I remember correctly. A glass axe could also be handy for chopping down the mushrooms quickly.

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

A glass axe could also be handy for chopping down the mushrooms quickly.

Glass Axes are amazing for Toad. Takes down MiseryToads trees in like 6 swings. Have 1 player focus on chopping and anyone else focus on DPS. 4-6 Glass Axes should be enough for the entire fight

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Console players don’t have mods, for me I just erase any existing world that’s lasted too long and starts causing ridiculous amounts of lag and I start over (most the time as a new player character choice)

there is a world of difference between playing as Willow and then playing as Wortox, and that’s what I like most about DST.. new skins to make my characters and worlds look different and 15+ playable characters each one with drastically differing play styles.

THIS is the very REASON why Wendy is getting more interaction with her Ghost Sister, Graveyards & they’ve added the new Pipspook Mobs.

Character refreshes have never been about Buffing X character to better compare to Y better character or Nerfing X character so they aren’t broken and OP.. it’s about making each one entertaining and engaging to play as.

As a Wendy main I’m excited for her Rework in 3 Days, but after seeing the Awesome Reworks that have been-

Willow, Woodie, Winona, Warly & (coming soon) Wendy. 

I absolutely can not wait to see everyone else’s Refresh as well!

The TL:DR- Delete world start over as different character.

As I said, I have played this game for far too long. I reached 310+ hours today, I have played almost every character to the point that I'm sick of playing as any of them :/ 

How many people in your team ?

You could beat the Fuelweaver in order to have bones armor for everyone, same with the beequeen hat. Then Toadstool and Misery Toadstool, you could build mushroom lights. With few players it won't be that hard or very long. At least, use some known strategy to beat him, like fire and flingomatic. 

All that stuff will maybe be useful in next contents, maybe not, but contents will come anyway. You can also prepare this by having stuff enough, in every kind.Or just wait like some people, then come back for a good new session.

1 minute ago, Moonatik said:

How many people in your team ?

You could beat the Fuelweaver in order to have bones armor for everyone, same with the beequeen hat. Then Toadstool and Misery Toadstool, you could build mushroom lights. With few players it won't be that hard or very long. At least, use some known strategy to beat him, like fire and flingomatic. 

All that stuff will maybe be useful in next contents, maybe not, but contents will come anyway. You can also prepare this by having stuff enough, in every kind.Or just wait like some people, then come back for a good new session.

we are 3 people well 1 is a new player and not so experienced, plus we used to have 3 bee queen helmets.. I broke 1, I also got bundling wrap blueprints for everyone etc, but I don't see the point on beating all these raid bosses more than once, it's just not worth it :/ sadly all the fun engaging tasks don't have to be done more than once in this game, and toadstool only drops some blueprints for purely decoration items which in my opinion are not even worth it

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

we are 3 people well 1 is a new player and not so experienced, plus we used to have 3 bee queen helmets.. I broke 1, I also got bundling wrap blueprints for everyone etc, but I don't see the point on beating all these raid bosses more than once, it's just not worth it :/ sadly all the fun engaging tasks don't have to be done more than once in this game, and toadstool only drops some blueprints for purely decoration items which in my opinion are not even worth it

As I said, at least to have stuff for everyone. You have the beequeen crown, but the bone armor could help, it makes easier fight vs Deerclops or Bearger. If you have a new player, it's just experience, until you beat the fuelweaver without ghost. Did you have good equipment enough, etc... At least your team know the fight now.

It's 2 fights interesting in many ways. All the preparations. And strategy as you're fighting.

And for Toad, it's not purely decoration. When you put just 4 of them in your base, around your living place, you rediscover light at night. 

1 minute ago, Moonatik said:

As I said, at least to have stuff for everyone. You have the beequeen crown, but the bone armor could help, it makes easier fight vs Deerclops or Bearger. If you have a new player, it's just experience, until you beat the fuelweaver without ghost. Did you have good equipment enough, etc... At least your team know the fight now.

It's 2 fights interesting in many ways. All the preparations. And strategy as you're fighting.

And for Toad, it's not purely decoration. When you put just 4 of them in your base, around your living place, you rediscover light at night. 

but isn't the scaled furnace a better, infinite light/heat source? if you drop some thermal stones around it you don't need anything else, except for summer I guess 

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

but isn't the scaled furnace a better, infinite light/heat source? if you drop some thermal stones around it you don't need anything else, except for summer I guess 

Furnace provide a very small light, but you don't build it for light.

You need light balls for the mushroom lamps, but it last few days. And if you have some bundle wraps, fill it one with light balls and it wont be borring to deal with this lights. Or christmas lights work too.

12 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

will you compare a good amount of light to do stuff to a little light spot, its quality of life

bone armor makes the game less grindy and fun, thurible makes gathering wood and cleaning monkey areas easy

also farming bee quen gives you jellybeans to heal

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

will you compare a good amount of light to do stuff to a little light spot, its quality of life

bone armor makes the game less grindy and fun, thurible makes gathering wood and cleaning monkey areas easy

also farming bee quen gives you jellybeans to heal

but there are way better to do these things, plus I do not need that much light, darkness is not a danger for me, and I've got 48 jellybeans, but since I'm playing as wolfgang I do not really need them, pierogi is a way better healing item and it can be mass farmed with ease, and you don't have to wait 20 days to gather more of it unlike jellybeans 

I guess the only thing you can do is install mods if your lucky enough to own a PC with mod support, or wait for Klei to add more content.

They threw subtitle hints around all last year that a BIG changes are coming to the game... I wouldn’t even throw Totally Uncompromising Mode outside of the Realms of Possibility for the future.

Return of Them is still incomplete (and I won’t consider it complete until the conclusion of Who or What “Them” Is and why they’re returning..)

JoeW even said as little as a few weeks ago that the next big update would have a way to filter inappropriate server names. Which obviously means we’re gettting some Quality of Life game setting options.

If your completely burned out in Don’t Starve Together play something else until you get the itch to want to come back and play again.

Meanwhile I’m over here hardly able to contain my excitement knowing that in 2 days and a few extra hours I’ll be playing Rework Wendy..!

Sounds like you and your friends need to focus on living in the caves especially for the summer. When fighting the toad let the newest person just chop down the trees.  For the fuel weave 4 ppl should be enough.  Again let the newest person focus on the hands that recharge the fuel weaver.  Every 30 days get him.  You don't always need to clear the ruins just kill the Ancient Guardian then the Fuel Weaver and the AG again.

You can focus on base design.  I am not a designer but I do like to make catapults for bunnymen farms and even did one to farm Shadows.  Make a the Beequeen trap with tentacles.  Have each person focus on one skill and learn one character. See how fast you can do the base rush and reset the server in 300 days or any number.  The game is not just about fighting the bosses look at the designs people of posted of the bases they have made.

If you really want some fun try the Tropical Experience mod.  It is a combination of DST, Hamlet and Shipwrecked.  Very fun.

Unfortunately, don't you have to have that activated at worldgen, to make it spawn the mod stuff properly?  A lot of my own favourite boredom-killing suggestions involve stuff you couldn't really add to a 500 day + world, either, like randomising the seasons (and then using the Actual Season Randomiser mod, if possible) or putting in mods that add specific setpieces...

...Notorious

Archived