The mysterious upcoming short

But Willow is a child in her short, she doesn’t actually end up in the Constant till some many years later right??? 

Wurts short showed her sitting in a Swamp reading fairy tales and then tearing out the page that shows pigs. Not much of a story to go on outside of “Is a Merm..” and “Hates Pigs”

Now What Wurts Short DOES show is Wickerbottom smiling and happy to be around children like Wendy & Webber.. Meaning she probably is more like a Mother/Grandmother teaching them to read and stuff.

Winona’s Short also shows a missing poster for Woodie and a mysterious person being sucked into a portal they had created.

So it’s almost like each characters animated short has had Lore in it but the Lore itself is not exactly always directly related to the character that the short is about.

As for Woodies short, perhaps it has Lore in it about someone or something other than Woodie Himself?

1 hour ago, thetricker1 said:

ok, woodie has no animated short with lore but wurt? what do you want? an epic tale of a merm? she is a kid living in the swamp and join the team because she wants. Im ok with characters without a deep background

People assume she might have been a goat.

2 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

Im ok with characters without a deep background

I'm not okay with that.

Just um, just to have it out there on the record, for Klei, is all.

I feel confident the mysterious short is not specific to anyone, presumably something to get the story kickstarted again from the stalemate if not just an update trailer.

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The next short showcases the hostile Carrat takeover... it has to!

Yeh man. The bunny houses are in fact giant carrats and their goal will be to enslave the survivors and make them train in wheels to compete for meatballs

On 2/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, RandomHumanBein said:

"has nothing to do with content or refresh".

Well since it wont be an update/content or a char refresh, I can only assume it will be an Update on what Charlie is doing, like the 'A New Reigin' Cinematic!

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well since it wont be an update/content or a char refresh, I can only assume it will be an Update on what Charlie is doing, like the 'A New Reigin' Cinematic!

5 minutes of charlie sewing new cosmetics.

10 minutes ago, Shpee said:

5 minutes of charlie sewing new cosmetics.

But the short has nothing to do with a Refresh or game content.. so nah it can’t be that, or a New Reign related.

Its the Hostile Carrat Takeover, first they hijacked the game.. and now, they’ve escaped the game and will hijack your TV/Computer Screens, followed by the WORLD muwhahahaha

1 hour ago, TheKingDedede said:

It's not a guarantee that both shorts will be related to DST. The second short might be a more comedic one for Oxygen Not Included, in the same vein that "Nowhere To Go" was.

6 hours ago, Lbphero said:

the second one is probably an oni animated short for the upcoming upgrade LOL

While there's certainly nothing that 100% concrete definitely proves its not an ONI short, I can't imagine Joe would say "we're working on 2 shorts, one of which has nothing to do with new content or a refreshed character," in a DST discussion in a DS/T discord, if he meant that there's going to be an ONI short unrelated to new content or a character refresh. Like, why even bring up that it's not for a refresh if it's about an ONI short?

19 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

While there's certainly nothing that 100% concrete definitely proves its not an ONI short, I can't imagine Joe would say "we're working on 2 shorts, one of which has nothing to do with new content or a refreshed character," in a DST discussion in a DS/T discord, if he meant that there's going to be an ONI short unrelated to new content or a character refresh. Like, why even bring up that it's not for a refresh if it's about an ONI short?

I agree, as I was merely speculating  on what the second short could be. As for clarification, would you happen to know if there was an ONI Discord that the devs also make announcements in?

On 01.03.2020 at 2:20 AM, Aludis said:

What if they made the dialogue like in the old silent films?
It would fit with the style of the game since the trailers reminded me of them

Better yet, use "silent films" style for all the characters except Wes. Wes is fully voice-acted.

Archived