New Island Content

I think a cool idea for a new island would be an island almost completely barren from life, with little plants or wild animals, and overrun with evil creatures like pig cultists or something. And at the center of the island would be some sort of broken and burnt base, with skeletons of failed survivors inside with weapons around them. My idea is that this island was similar to the main island and once had survivors, but Charlie (or Maxwell when he held the throne) overran the island with evil to the point where the survivors were beaten, and evil and darkness turned the once-lively island into a wasteland.

I think something like this could add lots of depth to the lore, and add to the eerie theme of DST.

Someone suggested something similar to Atlantis where an Island occasionally washes up out the ocean, I thought that idea would be pretty cool, as long as it has the Shipwrecked Game Mechanic Of having the Island flood a bit putting out placed campfires from time to time.

2 hours ago, Axelocke said:

I'd like some new variety of insects native to new islands

Oh yeah baby I can't wait to play Animal Crossing and catch some insects on a tropical island in my favourite game Don't Starve Together

Spoiler

newhorizons_2.png

The art was made by me friend @Dorozco Eeee

24 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

more "civilizations" like mants from hamlet and another kind of pigs (SWlike) they have life insolated in the islands

The pigs in SW are boars right? If so then id love to see somekind of ancient clan of war warthogs that you can trade with for special armor or weapons. Or maybe have them give out somekind of monster hunting quests for bosses only.

- An artic continent full of arctic content like Pengulls, Mactusk Villages, blue hounds and Clops

- a Ship/Airplane graveyard full of Seals

- adding water content to the underground, though not as an entire barrier - maybe underwater rivers where cave eels swim about, and a massive underground lake with an island in the middle containing either a boss, a hermit NPC, or an outpost of the ruins possibly containing new treasure or lore.

6 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

- An artic continent full of arctic content like Pengulls, Mactusk Villages, blue hounds and Clops

Man, I really want Ice sheets. Possible when the world turns to Winter, water at the North and South sides of the world start to solidify into ice and making biomes with 10s to hundreds of ice sheets sprinkled about. And being able to hop on these ice sheets just like boats.

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

The pigs in SW are boars right? If so then id love to see somekind of ancient clan of war warthogs that you can trade with for special armor or weapons. Or maybe have them give out somekind of monster hunting quests for bosses only.

yeah, they look so good like boars and are so much difficult to fight

also giving more importance to pig guards could be fun like guarding a chest with good loot

I’d like to see a Bone Graveyard Biome.. like just an island full of Tombstones, covered completely in fog with dead skeletons of failed survivors & other creatures, If you think back to the animated Lion King movie you got a perfect idea of what a Bone Graveyard should look like in this game.

Mobs of this Biome would be walking Skelton’s.. (I can’t really say Reanimated skeletons because you guys will all instantly think Fuelweaver Boss & that’s not the vision in my head..)  More like the Horror Hound and Horror Pengulls Of Lunar Island.

But like for example Living moving Skeletons Of Rabbits, Failed survivors etc..

What does this Biome do? It’s Dark, it’s creepy, it’s Spooky.. it’s full of Science and MAGIC, but most importantly of all it’s a way of easily gathering bone shards as its own renewable resource.

TL:DR an island where dead stuff walks. 

Imagine taking a dead fish to the island to have it brought back to life or something. The possibilities here are literally wide open.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Man, I really want Ice sheets. Possible when the world turns to Winter, water at the North and South sides of the world start to solidify into ice and making biomes with 10s to hundreds of ice sheets sprinkled about. And being able to hop on these ice sheets just like boats.

Let us continue to have hope while the ICEBERG and ICEBERG_MELTED lines exist within the speech files...

Or an island of gunpowder, with explosive geysers, growing saltpeter on the coast, and creatures that look like piles of gunpowder that lick nitrate and produce gunpowder like pangolden. Explode on attack. There will also be abandoned stone penguins with a bunch of eggshells that you can get. And the gorillas will also be at home (as in the conceptual art of pigskin), but only on their backs will there be growths in the form of grenades, which they can tear off and throw. Drop they will have gunpowder and with a 20% chance of a grenade as in a shipwreck. Sorry for my English

Archived