Wilson rework ideas - What do you think would be done?

What would you think would be done for wilson whenever he gets reworked?

Personally I was thinking his beard would be an aid in all seasons instead of just winter. It would keep its current winter insulation, but would also provide water resistance based on how long it is and would give summer insulation aswell. Multipurpose beard!

It could also still be shaved of course.

Discuss

8 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

In my opinion he should be seen more as a REAL scientist that uses knowledge of his surroundings in his advantage and is known as one, not just a guy that grows a beard.

Actually all the science tab its because of him and his quotes are the best ones to understand the game. The others will die without him

But yeah, give him some mad experiments. Not so strong but fun like in the halloween event

While having multipurpose beard would've been great, it sadly wouldn't be very realistic considering how hot summer is in DST world. In real life even a short beard in summer will be driving you insane because of all the sweating. How about having a magnificent beard restore tam-o-shanter level amount of sanity per minute? After all, It's called magnificent for a reason, and Wilson can grow beard in an environment where adult men like Wolfgang or Maxwell can't which probably would make him feel entitled.

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

While having multipurpose beard would've been great, it sadly wouldn't be very realistic considering how hot summer is in DST world. In real life even a short beard in summer will be driving you insane because of all the sweating. How about having a magnificent beard restore tam-o-shanter level amount of sanity per minute? After all, It's called magnificent for a reason, and Wilson can grow beard in an environment where adult men like Wolfgang or Maxwell can't which probably would make him feel entitled.

when you shave you realise how warm gives a beard, i cant imagine surviving in the extreme summer of dst with a beard as long as my body xD

But i like the idea of sanity boost when i long

1 hour ago, bugsmand said:

7 more stages of beard until he's just one big ball that can roll around. Crush everything in his path.

La LAAAA, la la la la la, la la, la KAT-A-MAR-I BEARD-A-SHI...

(sorrynotsorry.  ;))

As fun as Tumblebeard Wilson would be...yeah, you really do need to be able to shave it in summer.  Maybe something more to do with his being a scientist? But I'm not sure which way is best yet.  Hmmm...

...Notorious

From his vignettes I get the vibe of Curious, Scientist, Explorer.

But I’m not sure how that would work in Game-Play.

I Hear people say that Wilson is a Failed Scientist a lot but how do we know that for Sure..? Maybe it’s just that ONE potion he was Mixing that blew up in his face some of his other Vignettes found in the Curio Cabinet though suggest differently.

I want to see Wilson in the future as a doctor, or a man who can mix shadow magic and science.

He have quote for peg leg in the Shipwrecked DLC where he says that he can do operation ( probably just his humor, but still ), have skin from Gorge event based on Victorian Era Physician, and most important thing - He heals and res people in the Forge, it requires not magic, but skill. These facts for Wilson aka physician in future.

The next ones comes for the Shadow magic mixed with science abilities.

Wilson survive the whole adventure mode, seat in the Shadow Throne ( Not for long time, he didn`t even grow 1-st stage beard AHAHAH ), and buit Florid Postern alongside with Maxwell...

Hope Klei will make him really good, he was my main long time ago tho

I forget who made this suggestion, so for that I apologize. I heard someone suggest that Wilson can create temporary special potions that only have a 66% chance of doing what it is supposed to do. The other 33% wouldn't be harmful effects, just goofy and not what you wanted them to do. I thought it fit his character pretty well.
You want a potion that gives you a positive sanity increase? Here, it might turn you into a rabbit though.
You want a potion that increases your max health until you lose it? Here, it might put you to sleep though.
You want a powerful, yet expensive potion that gives you nightvision? Here, it might make your character only able to do Wes animations for examinations.

11 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

In my opinion he should be seen more as a REAL scientist that uses knowledge of his surroundings in his advantage and is known as one, not just a guy that grows a beard.

Exactly! 
His personality and knowledge is not harnessed at all in gameplay.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I forget who made this suggestion, so for that I apologize. I heard someone suggest that Wilson can create temporary special potions that only have a 66% chance of doing what it is supposed to do. The other 33% wouldn't be harmful effects, just goofy and not what you wanted them to do. I thought it fit his character pretty well.
You want a potion that gives you a positive sanity increase? Here, it might turn you into a rabbit though.
You want a potion that increases your max health until you lose it? Here, it might put you to sleep though.
You want a powerful, yet expensive potion that gives you nightvision? Here, it might make your character only able to do Wes animations for examinations.

Maybe have science 1 already available as standard. It makes more sense than Wickerbottom.

2 hours ago, zVince said:

Maybe have science 1 already available as standard. It makes more sense than Wickerbottom.

Eh, I disagree to an extent. I kind of see the whole game of Don't Starve as Wilson's personal journey in becoming a successful scientist. Before he came to the constant he was terrible. Wickerbottom is just the smartest character in my eyes so it would make sense for her not to need to have the journey that Wilson does

The ability to choose what beard stage you want when shaving. I like how Wilson looks at T1 better than his babyface. (Maybe this effect could carry over to Webber?)

In terms of non-cosmetic, im down with the idea of him being able to make random "concoctions" that have a semi-random effect. He could have his own crafting station where he turns ingredients into concoctions. Making a Concoction has a chance to blow up in your face, giving Wilson a sanity hit and maybe 5 health loss. 

Here are some crafting recipe ideas that I pulled out of my rear end on the spot:

Spoiler

* = Are not consumable on their own, but instead are ingredients for Concoctions. Concoctions remember what was specifically used to create it, and will gain the ingredient's effect when consumed.

Concoctions can have 2 ingredients at once, and will apply the affect of all three.

The only way you can tell what is in a concoction (besides from consuming it) is by it's color, which will be displayed next to the ingredient. Concoctions crafted with 2 ingredients will merge the two colors together to form a new one (red + blue = purple, for example)

Mushroom Mix (Brown)
-Crafted with 1 red cap, 1 green cap, and 1 blue cap
-*Has a 66% chance to heal 50 Health, will otherwise drain 20 Health. Always drains sanity by 10.

Thick Syrup (Yellow)
-Crafted with 6 roasted berries, 2 honey
-* Has a 66% chance to grant a damage modifier of 1.5x for 4 minutes. Will otherwise apply a .75x damage modifier (stacks with Wendy/Wes's multiplier, dropping to .5x)

Thorny Bundle (Black)
-Crafted with 4 sticks and 3 stingers
-* Has a 66% chance to have attackers take 50% recoil damage on hit (ex: If they hit a buffed player for 20, they take 10). Will otherwise drain 30 health.

Substance of Flight (White)
-Crafted with 2 red feathers, 2 black feathers, and ?
-* Has a 66% chance to increase the player's speed by 20% for 4 minutes. Will otherwise make the player do the tired walk for 30 seconds.

Winter Breath (Blue)
-Crafted with 2 blue feathers, and 10 Ice
-* Has a 66% chance to cause player's attacks to freeze enemies for 4 minutes. Will otherwise freeze the player themselves upon consumption.

Summer Wrath (Red)
-Crafted with 4 Cactus Flowers, 4 Torches
-* Has a 66% chance to cause player's attacks to set enemies on fire for 4 minutes. Will otherwise set the player themselves on fire on consumption.
-If combined with Winter Breath, fire will be replaced by the mob exploding when frozen, doing 150 damage. The explosion does not damage players.

Questionable Powder
-Crafted with 2 Nightmare fuel, 2 Charcoal.
-Can only be used on crafted concoctions, not as generic ingredients.
-Has a 66% chance to make positive effects of ingredients change to 80% success rate. Will otherwise turn it into 40%.
-Successful concoctions will be renamed to "Invigorated Concoction", and the color of the liquid inside will be brighter/more saturated.
-Failed concoctions will be renamed to "Melancholy Concoction", and the color of the liquid inside will be darker.

That's all I got for now.

Archived