updates characters need

so i would just like to say that if all characters wilson needs to be updated i even have a few ideas

the longer the beard the slower you move because if you beard is so long it reaches your feet you will have a hard time walking

another thing that maybe things could get stuck in his beard like stick and grass with the occasional rabbit or bird. 

Movement penalty sounds like a really boring downside. Speed is a very crucial stat in Don't Starve, getting from Point A to B to collect C is pretty common (in my experiences), so having a movement speed hindrance would just feel sluggish and un-fun. It also hinders your ability in combat, because kiting is a vital/ideal fighting technique that relies on speed to dodge attacks. 

When Wilson's rework is due, I'd like for some more "weird science" to be included, (I say weird cuz' Wilson's idea of science is rather experimental...) and could include more items in a similar theme to the Meat Effigy (In the sense that you don't expect beard hair, meat and wood to grant you another chance at life)

1 hour ago, meepmoop said:

But wilson is the default "blank" character. if you want to have someone with no drawbacks or special play style.

I believe even Klei themselves have stated that they want to flesh out the characters making them each unique and interesting to play as.

Wilson as Basic gameplay and Wes as Hardcore Gameplay only works in Single Player Don’t Starve.

In a Multiplayer setting though (where everyone else is getting awesome & fun refreshed abilities) keeping them that way just makes them bland & boring in the end result.

But you NEED the beard long to help with warmth in the winter!  Don't make it a liability!  (And on his sprite, even at full length it does _not_ go down long enough to trip him.  It's long, but not THAT long.)

Also I like the idea that at least _some_ character has a plain play-style, with nothing you have to constantly watch out for and balance or babysit.  A character you can just...PLAY, as.  Explore the world and figure out how to survive at your own pace.  That's valuable for newbies who are just learning how the controls even work, _and_ valuable for veterans who want to play but also want a rest.

A blank slate allows you to play YOUR way.  Specific traits force a specific playstyle, or at least make it much harder to do a different one.

...Notorious

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I believe even Klei themselves have stated that they want to flesh out the characters making them each unique and interesting to play as.

Wilson as Basic gameplay and Wes as Hardcore Gameplay only works in Single Player Don’t Starve.

In a Multiplayer setting though (where everyone else is getting awesome & fun refreshed abilities) keeping them that way just makes them bland & boring in the end result.

I dont have strong preference either way. I am just afraid of taking away from what already is in the game.

ok so maybe the speed thing was a bad idea but i still think that the thing getting caught in the beard would be a good idea ince his beard is SO LONG that all sorts of stuff could get stuck in it like basic materials such as rocks sticks and maybe some more other things like pine cones or seeds

On 13/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Exactly, you can't NEVER put a bad character in a multiplayer game, and more when we're talking about a game where teamwork is crucial, it just doesn't fits

6 hours ago, Ismael Marin said:

Exactly, you can't NEVER put a bad character in a multiplayer game, and more when we're talking about a game where teamwork is crucial, it just doesn't fits

Wilson is not bad though. Its easier to survive as him then with several other characters.

Because of the no-drawbacks feature he is also the most versatile option. Any play style viable with him.

I can accept Wes getting 'buffed' (hate this term) but I hope the most extreme Wilson changes (if there would be any) would be stat changes and not adding him some kinds of drawbacks.

DST is vastly more polished version of DS and there are a lot of solo players who would still want to use a neutral character.

1 hour ago, meepmoop said:

Wilson is not bad though. Its easier to survive as him then with several other characters.

Because of the no-drawbacks feature he is also the most versatile option. Any play style viable with him.

I can accept Wes getting 'buffed' (hate this term) but I hope the most extreme Wilson changes (if there would be) would be stat changes and not adding him some kinds of drawbacks.

DST is vastly more polished version of DS and there are a lot of solo players who would still want to use a neutral character.

It seems like some people want more characters and more abilities and hope to get those through reworks (as in they got bored with Wilson, so they prefer him being replaced with a new Wilson).

I dont think there is a need for this, Klei already stated that there is going to be another character. Who know maybe there will be more in the years to come.

Nah, i don't mean Wilson, Wilson can be useful as heck with his beard! (Meat Effigy) But Wes... Yeaaah...

1 hour ago, Ismael Marin said:

Nah, i don't mean Wilson, Wilson can be useful as heck with his beard! (Meat Effigy) But Wes... Yeaaah...

Wilson is the second worst source of bear hair (as a Willow main I use a lot)

Rabbit hutch farm  >  Befriending beardlings to murder them in their sleep  >  Obscene number of traps > some questionably safe way of farming monkeys (Wendy for example) > Wilson  > Tumbleweeds

15 minutes ago, some guy59 said:

so i guess i'm just going to get ignored here and let some of my ideas go to waste

Your idea doesn't seem to make Wilson more fun to play as,it only gives him free basic items by doing basically nothing.

Archived