What should be the next character? leave your theory!

Provavelmente a Wendy, aliás,aqui é os forums oficiais da klei,recomendo fazer posts em inglês por conta do fato da maioria das pessoas aqui não saber português.                                           Edit:OP fixed the issue i pointed out. Feel free to ignore my post.

The picture you posted hints on wendy's rework which will probably be the next big change (before an entirely new character, although I hope im wrong).

As to the next exclusive DST character, there were some speculation about a witch character but I think wickerbottoms already has 'spells', and warly already has 'potions' so I dont see a place for her. As ability-wise or role-wise I really dont have any idea as it seems as is already some characters have intervening or similar roles.

Maybe make it so she has easier time in certain seasons while harder in others? like wormwood which has some nice advantages but in spring he needs to eat more when he is blooming. Maybe a character that over all is hard but in summer it gets some advantages.

Another thing I hope for is it will bring maybe an item or something to add to the 'together'. wigfrid has helms and spears, willow can give people lighters, winona shares her tape and warly can share his foods and seasoning. Maybe new character could have a forge that repairs armor and weapons (winona's tape style), or a hammer that refreshes the use for tents and siestas. Idk im just throwing ideas.

45 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

The pic its wendy but i want to see that old characters in the files like wilton or the witch

Wilton.. Was never intended to be its own character, Wilton was instead supposed to be some Transformation that happened to Woodlegs. Much like Woodie and his Werecurse I guess.

I’m assuming they originally intended for Woodlegs to have like this Undead Pirates Curse or something (Which I hope he gets if he gets a DST Rework) But sadly the Concept ended up being scrapped :(

If I can find the source from where I read that I’ll link it here later just so you know I’m not pulling your leg.

1 minute ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Wasn’t he found in the files looong before SW?

I’m honestly not sure, but if I can find the link where the actually devs talked about it being a Woodlegs feature I’ll post it here. 

Personally I think An Undead Pirates Curse would’ve been awesome! But sadly.. it was never meant to be :( 

4 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Wasn’t he found in the files looong before SW?

Yeah, I remember reading about Wilton even before RoG.
But this paragraph on the wiki page for unimplemented characters is news to me
image.png.ffb80e79f5f6e8fbbf51b6d869ea925d.png
Clicking on [2] leads to this
image.png.0325018577014582340936a39b0bc33b.png
I couldn't find any screenshots though, this link just took me to this topic with nothing regarding Wilton and Woodlegs.

2 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

I couldn't find any screenshots though, this link just took me to this topic with nothing regarding Wilton and Woodlegs.

I was there for when JoeW discussed about Woodlegs and Wilton, I'll see if I can find the screenshots.

5 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Here's a screeniea.thumb.jpg.b490ae45032d20b99a424ed5836a3b3f.jpg

Taken from the DST discord

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Who even said he was going to be in DST?

No one, I’m just saying that when or IF he gets added to DST that they *could* revisit the Idea of it.

(Didn’t he also say that they scrapped it because they couldn’t figure out how to implement it?)

This is Pre-Rework Woodie though... and Woodie now has 3 Transformations. So the Pirates Curse should be much easier to do in 2020 then when they originally attempted it.

hmm just a random thought I had - what about a character that is good at fishing or water related stuff?

Faster fishing in ponds or ocean. Maybe it does ship tasks (steering/anchor/sails) faster. Some special sea item like an ship-kit with less matiriels / bigger surface / some other benefit. Or maybe it has an automated fishing rod you put near a fish source and it fishes them by itselfs and tosses them into a basket.

In any case, I do hope there will be some sea related updates that will expand the (already great) idea of sailing. Which will make a character of that sort more appealing.

3 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

hmm just a random thought I had - what about a character that is good at fishing or water related stuff?

Faster fishing in ponds or ocean. Maybe it does ship tasks (steering/anchor/sails) faster. Some special sea item like an ship-kit with less matiriels / bigger surface / some other benefit. Or maybe it has an automated fishing rod you put near a fish source and it fishes them by itselfs and tosses them into a basket.

In any case, I do hope there will be some sea related updates that will expand the (already great) idea of sailing. Which will make a character of that sort more appealing.

You pretty much just said Walani or Woodlegs. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

You pretty much just said Walani or Woodlegs. 

Yes.

They are both seafaring. However the two of those work around the sea system in shipwrecked. The port they will require should be more intensive then what was done for wormwood and warly imo.

Their current skill set as it is in shipwrecked is just not suitable for DST world. Or am I wrong? what do you think?

8 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

Yes.

They are both seafaring. However the two of those work around the sea system in shipwrecked. The port they will require should be more intensive then what was done for wormwood and warly imo.

Their current skill set as it is in shipwrecked is just not suitable for DST world. Or am I wrong? what do you think?

Character Reworks always get something new, Unique and fun added into them.. Willow with Bernie, Woodies Alternate Formations, you get the point..

So when it comes to ANY of the remaining characters I would be severally disappointed in them if they were direct copy and paste ports from their other DLC’s.

But The Ideas you suggested in Particular sound more like they should belong to Walani or Woodlegs rather than creating a brand new “FisherMerm?” Style character.

Archived