Jump to content

understanding characters


Recommended Posts

I used to play only Wilson. managed to get as far as to day 40 by myself (until recently I only played solo). Wanted to try another character, and because I always found fighting the hardest part and most of the times I died to mobs I went for wigfrid since she "excels in fights".

I really liked my 2 playthroughs with her online (first time online). I am much less afraid from mobs and in the two games I played I was very active in combat, was really protecting and saving many players from chasing mobs, bringing lots of meat from pigs and spiders. Also I like that she is a female since it makes it easier for me to relate (as female myself).

However, things led me to actually check online and see how all the characters are considered. in particular, seems like wolfgang is just more praised then here.

Wolfgang has a x2 damage modifier compare to hers x1.25. It seems his drawback is he drains hunger faster, but idk how it effects stuff. its like 1 more meatball per day.

Doesnt it make wigfrid redundant? isnt she just a poor-man's wolfgang?

 

----------------------------------------

 

and as a second part, how do you feel about other characters you play with? like for example for me:

1. wilson - jack of all trades

2. maxwell and woodie - rocks/wood gathering

3. wendy - fighting large groups of mobs

4. willow - a bit middle-of-the-line like Wilson.

5. wolfgang - resource gathering. fighting.

6. webber - garbage 'dumpster'. as in others characters trash is his treasure. he can eat monster meat. Other then that like wilson he is an all around balanced character.

7. wormwood - base taming. his special items feel very useful. I had just one run with a worm and he was very fun. easy farming. and the trap things are also great. our team killed a deerclops very easly with them and hounds were no problem.

8. Warly - cooking

9. wickerbottom - farming. boss fighting. I probably wont enjoy playing here solo because she seems so easy. In online games I enjoyed playing with other wickers.

10. Winona - havent come across/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wigfrid can craft Helmets and Battle Spears that are Superior to regular Spears and Football Helmets.

Not only that BUT she also gains Health and Sanity while Hitting things with her Special Spear.

She is Nothing at all like Wolfgang.

ALSO ALL CHARACTERS are going to be Reworked so do not get too used to how ANYONE plays right now as they are all subject to change.

With the exceptions of the few who have ALREADY Been Reworked.

Warly, Winona, Willow, Woodie.

And probably Also DLC Characters.

Wormwood, Wortox, Wurt.

EVERYONE else is Subject to Change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wigfrid can craft Helmets and Battle Spears that are Superior to regular Spears and Football Helmets.

Not only that BUT she also gains Health and Sanity while Hitting things with her Special Spear.

She is Nothing at all like Wolfgang.

ALSO ALL CHARACTERS are going to be Reworked so do not get too used to how ANYONE plays right now as they are all subject to change.

With the exceptions of the few who have ALREADY Been Reworked.

Warly, Winona, Willow, Woodie.

And probably Also DLC Characters.

Wormwood, Wortox, Wurt.

EVERYONE else is Subject to Change.

Oh I like both worm and wortox, since you can realy feel their presence in the colony.. Worm esspecially has one of my favorite designs.

Havent come across a wurt yet though.

I actually liked the wigfrid design, the thing is she doesn't feel special because you already have 2 other good alternatives to her (wendy and wolfgang). Wendy is ok though, she is different enough to be a thing of her own but wolfgang just feels like a better version of her in any way (beside you need to do the hunger management).

what do you think about winona and wurt btw? just curios to hear thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

Oh I like both worm and wortox, since you can realy feel their presence in the colony.. Worm esspecially has one of my favorite designs.

Havent come across a wurt yet though.

I actually liked the wigfrid design, the thing is she doesn't feel special because you already have 2 other good alternatives to her (wendy and wolfgang). Wendy is ok though, she is different enough to be a thing of her own but wolfgang just feels like a better version of her in any way (beside you need to do the hunger management).

what do you think about winona and wurt btw? just curios to hear thoughts.

Winona needs more work. Mainly JUST her Spotlight, it’s pretty Useless At the Moment... 

But Wurt is really really good, She can build her very own Merm Army, and she moves faster on Swamp Turf, her only Downsides are Pigmen are hostile to her and she can only eat Veggies.

Wurt is a Great Character I just feel like she may be a little too good (but then again.. I’m judging her based off everyone else who has not been Reworked yet.) So that’s not really fair to judge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, meepmoop said:

1. wilson - jack of all trades beard hair maker.

2. maxwell and woodie - rocks/wood gathering jack of all trades.

4. willow - a bit middle-of-the-line like Wilson. nightmare fuel farmer.

5. wolfgang - resource gathering. fighting. only fighting.

6. webber - garbage 'dumpster'. as in others characters trash is his treasure. he can eat monster meat. Other then that like wilson he is an all around balanced character. spider drops gatherer.

9. wickerbottom - farming. boss fighting. cheesing boss with tentacles.

10. Winona - havent come across/  cheesing boss with catapults. farming with catapults.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, meepmoop said:

I used to play only Wilson. managed to get as far as to day 40 by myself (until recently I only played solo). Wanted to try another character, and because I always found fighting the hardest part and most of the times I died to mobs I went for wigfrid since she "excels in fights".

I really liked my 2 playthroughs with her online (first time online). I am much less afraid from mobs and in the two games I played I was very active in combat, was really protecting and saving many players from chasing mobs, bringing lots of meat from pigs and spiders. Also I like that she is a female since it makes it easier for me to relate (as female myself).

However, things led me to actually check online and see how all the characters are considered. in particular, seems like wolfgang is just more praised then here.

Wolfgang has a x2 damage modifier compare to hers x1.25. It seems his drawback is he drains hunger faster, but idk how it effects stuff. its like 1 more meatball per day.

Doesnt it make wigfrid redundant? isnt she just a poor-man's wolfgang?

 

----------------------------------------

 

and as a second part, how do you feel about other characters you play with? like for example for me:

1. wilson - jack of all trades

2. maxwell and woodie - rocks/wood gathering

3. wendy - fighting large groups of mobs

4. willow - a bit middle-of-the-line like Wilson.

5. wolfgang - resource gathering. fighting.

6. webber - garbage 'dumpster'. as in others characters trash is his treasure. he can eat monster meat. Other then that like wilson he is an all around balanced character.

7. wormwood - base taming. his special items feel very useful. I had just one run with a worm and he was very fun. easy farming. and the trap things are also great. our team killed a deerclops very easly with them and hounds were no problem.

8. Warly - cooking

9. wickerbottom - farming. boss fighting. I probably wont enjoy playing here solo because she seems so easy. In online games I enjoyed playing with other wickers.

10. Winona - havent come across/

Ok I'm try to "fix" this( please dont hate me)

:(

Wilson - jack of no trades (nothing special but nothing bad)

Maxwell - wood and rocks gatherer

Woodie - wood rock gatherer and beefy boi also discoverer 

Wendy - crowd control mostly

Willow - Bernie does your fighting while u burn a forest for sanity

Wolfgang - M U R D errrrrrr I mean "recorce gatherer"

Webber - spider wars so he isn't a dumpster>:( he is the opposite with a good webber you can get great amounts of monsters meat, silk , and glands. So he ain't gunna take ur monster meat cus he has too much also meatballs 3 ice one monster meat so you want a webber:(

Wormwood - I cant argue with that

Warly - cooking (special dishes that can make 1 character do 400 damage every hit)

Wicker - boss fighting not so much but boss preping yeah most times she doesnt fight and ez recorces 

Winona - me neither lol

For wigfrid she is not the poor man's wolfgang it seems like your looking at characters negatives and leaving they both compete pretty well with each other wolf gang just work much better with other characters but wigfrid has many advantages like wolfgang but wigfrid down side complements her upside so it's fine

Wolfgangs down side doesn't fit well  with his upside there could be a better downside.

(Sorry if I wrote like a 1th grader having a seizure)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say yes - Wigfrid is a poor man's Wolfgang.  Wolfgang is much better at exploring, and combating monsters and bosses compared to everyone else.

However I prefer Wigfrids design.  Partly it is just because she is female, but also she can be more helpful to her teammates.  I feel Wolfgang is often a show off who raids the fridge and wants to solo everything and wants you to just sit there and be in awe of his OP mighty form, where Wigfrid can share her armor with everyone which is extremely helpful and involves them in the fight with her.  Not only is her armor better than a football helmet, this takes the stress off of managing pig skin resource which can be a chore even single player.

I don't dislike Wolfgang as a character, but I just prefer female characters and I prefer characters who are able to help their team mates more, so I prefer Wigfrid.

As for characters:

Woodie has a more varied play experience with his rework, and his ability to run over water can be very helpful for finding the lunar island.  For multiplayer worlds the stone fruits are especially invaluable as they can provide an ample supply of foodstuffs for quite a few characters.

Maxwell is a great character for building a good base early.  He is also good for boating as his miners can help clear rocks to make better boat paths, and they can mine salt as you maneuver your boat around to pick up the salt which can sometimes be a chore of its own.

Willow is a great character to have with you.  Bernie draws agro from monsters which can make saving teammates from hound waves, boss monsters, shadow creatures, ect very easy!  He also is quick to repair, not too difficult to craft if you know how to farm beard hair, and can be useful even without Willow nearby as he will activate for anyone who is low sanity to at least draw shadow monster agro.  Especially if you get glommer she can just carry a glommer gloop to instantly activate insanity to get Bernie into action.  I feel sorry for Wendy with Willow's rework, but I hope Wendy gets a nice rework of her own soon <3  Willow is my main character.

Webber is very good for spider farms which can provide ample supplies of spider silk, glands, and meats.  Spider silk is needed for a lot of things even early game so this is immediately useful.  Glands are great for healing here and there at base.  Monster meat is a great base for many crock pot dishes.  I feel he falls off in usefulness though as you can make a good spiderfarm in other ways, and I don't see much use in the character after that (although he is still cute and I love having him around)

Wormwood... is kinda in a worse spot as Webber.  I like his bramble armor as it can aid in picking cactus, and you can even make a disease / wither free thorny bush farm which takes a load off my mind (disease is evil) but his primary boost being planting crops, and inability to heal from food really puts him in a sore spot.  Its like he needs something like a honey farm just to get healing for himself... but then... you just eat the honey and who cares about growing plants anymore?  Warly would want them, but a few farms will do what wormwood did... -_-

Winona is a good general character.  I've been playing a lot of winona lately.  Her perk of fast crafting can be nice, and the hunger drain a decent nuisance without ruining her.  The half speed crafting at low hunger grrr....  I hate that so much!!!!  but her catapults more than make up for any shortcomings she has.  If you like cheesing the bosses Winona is for you 100%!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ezaroth said:

stuff

thanks for the comment! your style is very funny and I figured I would get a lot wrong. didnt mean to webber is a dumpster in a negative way, but in that he can use more resources that other characters get punished for using. Probably I was wrong but on the couple of games I had online thats how it felt (I really liked playing with webbers).

Just now, Shosuko said:

I would say yes - Wigfrid is a poor man's Wolfgang.  Wolfgang is much better at exploring, and combating monsters and bosses compared to everyone else.

However I prefer Wigfrids design.  Partly it is just because she is female, but also she can be more helpful to her teammates.  I feel Wolfgang is often a show off who raids the fridge and wants to solo everything and wants you to just sit there and be in awe of his OP mighty form, where Wigfrid can share her armor with everyone which is extremely helpful and involves them in the fight with her.  Not only is her armor better than a football helmet, this takes the stress off of managing pig skin resource which can be a chore even single player.

I don't dislike Wolfgang as a character, but I just prefer female characters and I prefer characters who are able to help their team mates more, so I prefer Wigfrid.

As for characters:

Woodie has a more varied play experience with his rework, and his ability to run over water can be very helpful for finding the lunar island.  For multiplayer worlds the stone fruits are especially invaluable as they can provide an ample supply of foodstuffs for quite a few characters.

Maxwell is a great character for building a good base early.  He is also good for boating as his miners can help clear rocks to make better boat paths, and they can mine salt as you maneuver your boat around to pick up the salt which can sometimes be a chore of its own.

Willow is a great character to have with you.  Bernie draws agro from monsters which can make saving teammates from hound waves, boss monsters, shadow creatures, ect very easy!  He also is quick to repair, not too difficult to craft if you know how to farm beard hair, and can be useful even without Willow nearby as he will activate for anyone who is low sanity to at least draw shadow monster agro.  Especially if you get glommer she can just carry a glommer gloop to instantly activate insanity to get Bernie into action.  I feel sorry for Wendy with Willow's rework, but I hope Wendy gets a nice rework of her own soon <3  Willow is my main character.

Webber is very good for spider farms which can provide ample supplies of spider silk, glands, and meats.  Spider silk is needed for a lot of things even early game so this is immediately useful.  Glands are great for healing here and there at base.  Monster meat is a great base for many crock pot dishes.  I feel he falls off in usefulness though as you can make a good spiderfarm in other ways, and I don't see much use in the character after that (although he is still cute and I love having him around)

Wormwood... is kinda in a worse spot as Webber.  I like his bramble armor as it can aid in picking cactus, and you can even make a disease / wither free thorny bush farm which takes a load off my mind (disease is evil) but his primary boost being planting crops, and inability to heal from food really puts him in a sore spot.  Its like he needs something like a honey farm just to get healing for himself... but then... you just eat the honey and who cares about growing plants anymore?  Warly would want them, but a few farms will do what wormwood did... -_-

Winona is a good general character.  I've been playing a lot of winona lately.  Her perk of fast crafting can be nice, and the hunger drain a decent nuisance without ruining her.  The half speed crafting at low hunger grrr....  I hate that so much!!!!  but her catapults more than make up for any shortcomings she has.  If you like cheesing the bosses Winona is for you 100%!

I liked your comment. I read the willow part and honestly didnt know bernie was a big part of willow (as didnt seen long-lasting willows in  multiplayer). The willow-wendy conflict you describe here is the same I feel about wolfgang-wigfrid (only you described it much easier where I was straggling to phrase/explain myself).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wolfgang may indeed be better than Wigfrid because of his raw damage output when in Mighty form. However, Wigfrid has built-in damage reduction (You will receive around 25% less damage with no armor) which stacks with other armor - this way you can receive just 1 damage from D-Fly smacking you in the face while wearing marble armor. Also her 1.25 damage modifier is always around, whereas Wolfgang has increased damage while only in Mighty form. 
So basically - Wofgang specializes on destroying high-priority targets with no real benefits to other players, and Wigfrid is a great character for co-op games because she can create helmets for other players and not consume all the meat she's gathering just to deal more damage to whatever is being hunted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Charesque said:

Wolfgang may indeed be better than Wigfrid because of his raw damage output when in Mighty form. However, Wigfrid has built-in damage reduction (You will receive around 25% less damage with no armor) which stacks with other armor - this way you can receive just 1 damage from D-Fly smacking you in the face while wearing marble armor. Also her 1.25 damage modifier is always around, whereas Wolfgang has increased damage while only in Mighty form. 

Wolfgang can heal (almost) double if you honey poultice/ salve him at almost 0 hunger though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the two characters Ive actually had play time with:
WX: The way I played him was as a scout. Due to his fast mobility and not having to worry about spoiled foods, you could take a stack of like 10 meatballs and get any errands you needed to get done on the completely other side of the world

And Willow: I play her in 2-3 different ways. The first was is just like a casual support. If someone is insane, i will put Ashley down for them and she will take aggro from the nightmares so they could kill them and get the sanity
The second way is as a tank. By going insane, you can activate BERNIE! which has a whopping 2000 health. Perfect for tanking. So if you are fighting a group if mobs or something, just set down bernie, Chug some glommer goop, then start picking off the mobs one by one while they focus Bernie. Tho to do this efficiently, its wise to have 2-3 bernies and a stack of winona's tape to repair any dead bernies.
and the third way I play willow is also another sort of support, where I will stay insane at the base, with the bone helm or just staying insane to keep BERNIE! active, that was, if anyone else is being chased by anything, they can run to base and Bernie could take care of it for them. Along with this, you can use the two other perks she has to support a little better, being able to fuel fires better for others and cook faster for them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I don’t know about the power mathematics but Wigfrid clearly outshines Wolfgang in popularity in my observation. I encounter at least one Wigfrid every two servers. She has been even more popular than Wendy lately, being the, dare-I-say the most popular female character in the game. If someone took statistics, I’d seriously expect her to be on top 3 played characters, with Webber and Wilson accompanying her.

I also don’t agree with the points asserting that Winona is rarely played. I’ve been seeing quite an increase in the number of Winona players. In contrast, I rarely ever encounter Wolfgang players nowadays. My observations tell he’s been losing popularity, he has been as rare as Wes in the servers I’ve been playing in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play Wortox for mobility, group healing, and escaping from griefer traps; Wilson if I want to get really seriously prepared for winter with some advance prep time; Woodie if I want to be ready for winter on zero notice; Wormwood if I want to be helpful around the base and avoid most of my other mains' pitfalls like getting punched by pigs unprovoked or being made of tissue paper; Maxwell if I want to be a generalist but keep myself at a bit of a remove from combat; Webber if I want to go live on a spider ranch; and Wolfgang if something really, really needs to get hambatted to death.

Characterization, aesthetic, and wanting to use my newest, shiniest skin are factors too, but those are the gameplay motivators for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Well I don’t know about the power mathematics but Wigfrid clearly outshines Wolfgang in popularity in my observation. I encounter at least one Wigfrid every two servers. She has been even more popular than Wendy lately, being the, dare-I-say the most popular female character in the game. If someone took statistics, I’d seriously expect her to be on top 3 played characters, with Webber and Wilson accompanying her.

I think that has more to do with her ease of use compared to Wolfgang. She's a lot more friendly to the new and casual playerbase. And, despite what people may think, those are the people who make up the largest portion of most games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think that has more to do with her ease of use compared to Wolfgang. She's a lot more friendly to the new and casual playerbase. And, despite what people may think, those are the people who make up the largest portion of most games.

This is entirely based on server settings BTW, Wigfrid isn’t Casual friendly when you can barely find any food to give her. Spamming Meatballs is as easy as 1 Monster Meat, + 3 Ice.. But toggle Ice off for that server and you can’t rely on it to create Meatballs for Wig.

In the Meantime I have decided not to play as ANY Characters who haven’t been Reworked yet.. 

Why? because I may like the way they play Now.. and then end up hating whatever changes happen to them later. 

So it’s better to just stick to the ones who have already been Reworked and (rather impatiently and fearfully) await the changes coming to Wendy, Wickerbottom, Webber, Etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like you are dissing Wigfrid, but I understand where you are coming from. Good Wolfgangs are SO rare (At least on console)

 

I have run into one Wolfgang about a year ago. I was building the base, and just preparing and such. I see a Wolfgang roll up, plop down a scaled furnace day 12 (He did a solo thingy) Drop all his stuff and leave. I was amazed. (This was also when I was pretty garbage at the game though) 

Again, that is ONE good Wolfgang out of years of playing. I like Wigfrid better, mostly because she is just so much easier to survive as. It takes a lot of effort to die as Wigfrid. Unless you are getting quintuple teamed by a bunch of Terrorbeaks while it's nighttime without a torch, dancing around fireflies getting attacked by hounds also. (Yes this has happened to me before.) Again she isn't OP just VERY hard to die because of her abilities. You can't say she is bad unless you play her. The two characters are VERY different.

 
 
 
 
7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

also don’t agree with the points asserting that Winona is rarely played. I’ve been seeing quite an increase in the number of Winona players. In contrast, I rarely ever encounter Wolfgang players nowadays. My observations tell he’s been losing popularity, he has been as rare as Wes in the servers I’ve been playing in.

Winona is rare (At least on console)

Wolfgang though...... He IS rare...... STINKY Wolfgang....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is entirely based on server settings BTW, Wigfrid isn’t Casual friendly when you can barely find any food to give her. Spamming Meatballs is as easy as 1 Monster Meat, + 3 Ice.. But toggle Ice off for that server and you can’t rely on it to create Meatballs for Wig.

You can still eat cooked monster meat without worrying about hp and sanity as her. +1 for casual wig players and press f for casual wolf players, they are too wimpy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who the heck says Winona is rare on Console? Lol I had 3 of them in my room just last night. 

They seem to die often, but I mean Meh.. the point is it’s not Rare to find Winona Players.

It is RARE to Find GOOD Winona Players.. but that’s a different Subject.

Ive played A lot of Winona, and a really feel like her “I worked a lot now I need a full course meal” Downside is more annoying then it is fun..

If you play the game the way I do- You will go through a lot of Football Helmets, Spears, Axes and Pickaxes, And Winona’s Hunger penalty for crafting all that Sucks.

The Simple Fix? allow Winona’s Trusty Tape to also repair damage on Helmets and Weapons.

I Mainly just want this for a pun on that old saying “Plumbers Tape fixes Everything.”

But also because if Winona doesn’t have to Craft so much so often then her Hunger penalty would feel more balanced out then it is now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is entirely based on server settings BTW, Wigfrid isn’t Casual friendly when you can barely find any food to give her. Spamming Meatballs is as easy as 1 Monster Meat, + 3 Ice.. But toggle Ice off for that server and you can’t rely on it to create Meatballs for Wig.

Wig does not need meatballs.  She can just eat the monster meat cooked and sustain very well.  A lot of people don't realize this because they are generally scared of monster meat as anyone but webber, but Wig will thrive on the stuff as well.  Wig is also the only character that can possibly survive without eating at all.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Who the heck says Winona is rare on Console? Lol I had 3 of them in my room just last night. 

They seem to die often, but I mean Meh.. the point is it’s not Rare to find Winona Players.

It is RARE to Find GOOD Winona Players.. but that’s a different Subject.

Ive played A lot of Winona, and a really feel like her “I worked a lot now I need a full course meal” Downside is more annoying then it is fun..

If you play the game the way I do- You will go through a lot of Football Helmets, Spears, Axes and Pickaxes, And Winona’s Hunger penalty for crafting all that Sucks.

The Simple Fix? allow Winona’s Trusty Tape to also repair damage on Helmets and Weapons.

I Mainly just want this for a pun on that old saying “Plumbers Tape fixes Everything.”

But also because if Winona doesn’t have to Craft so much so often then her Hunger penalty would feel more balanced out then it is now.

idk what it takes to be a good winona...  because her crafts are simply late game OP crafts.  I think its kinda hard to mess this up.  Build a gemerator, build 8 catapults around it, do that 4 more times (nearly 500 stones lol) and ace Bee Queen.

I agree her hunger penalty is annoying, but I find it manageable.  It just means I need to eat a bit earlier than I do with other characters (I tend to wait until nearly starving to eat, with Winona you need to eat when you're below half.)  Its not the hunger that really kills me, its the double crafting time.  That is absurdly long to craft a rope => spear or rope => football helmet in mid combat...  Yet I'm not convinced it needs to change yet...  I'd much rather see the controller bindings re-worked to allow you to move while navigating the craft menu.

Tape fixing everything would be great, even if it only gave like 25% on football helmets as it would help pig-skin economy a lot!  Yet I am satisfied that it repairs boats, so I'm not begging for changes atm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is entirely based on server settings BTW, Wigfrid isn’t Casual friendly when you can barely find any food to give her. Spamming Meatballs is as easy as 1 Monster Meat, + 3 Ice.. But toggle Ice off for that server and you can’t rely on it to create Meatballs for Wig.

If a player is struggling to make meatballs without ice, then they're gonna struggle regardless of what character they're using.

2 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

It seems like you are dissing Wigfrid

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Wigfrid. Being easy to use isn't always a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Sweaper said:

You can still eat cooked monster meat without worrying about hp and sanity as her. +1 for casual wig players and press f for casual wolf players, they are too wimpy.

I rarely see this brought up, but you're completely right. She can completely sustain herself with nothing more then just a simple spider nest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

If a player is struggling to make meatballs without ice, then they're gonna struggle regardless of what character they're using.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Wigfrid. Being easy to use isn't always a bad thing.

I rarely see this brought up, but you're completely right. She can completely sustain herself with nothing more then just a simple spider nest.

1: I agree with your first point.

2: I wasn't saying you WERE it just SOUNDED like you were. But I get it.

3: It's true, people are always asking me why I just live off of cooked monster meat, and I'm like:

image.png.1008ecb9d34770f361c17e0720f7084f.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again.. it depends on your server settings. Eating Monster meat as Wigfrid can still drive her closer to insanity, You can say well that no problem just build something to regain sanity.

BUT take my super Experimental extreme Summer Server as an Example- I have Days set to very long, Summer set to very Long, All Other Seasons last exactly 6 days, Deerclops is turned off, Caves are turned off, and Ice Glaciers are Turned off, Spider Den spawns are set to less.

The Results is a server where anything and everything you create is always subject to going up into a blazing Inferno. Without Spiderweb you can’t build a Tent or Tophat for decent Sanity Regen, And we All know Wigfrid can’t rely upon the Wickerbottom way of easily raising Sanity by simply eating mushrooms.

So Relying almost entirely on Monster Meat in THIS Particular server would be at your own Sanity risk for example.

But I feel like the biggest problem is that some people do not see Insanity as being all that bad.. they can easily kill the creatures that come after them and it’s no issue for them. 

But I also think that with Klei Reworking all these damn characters abilities you had best be prepared to FEAR something again soon.... because it makes absolutely no sense to Rework characters making them more unique with new abilities and more OP-Ness, and to NOT Rework Insanity...

You have all been Warned, Consider this a Spoiler for what’s to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...