Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

meepmoop

understanding characters

Recommended Posts

__IvoCZE__    8044
12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

BUT take my super Experimental extreme Summer Server as an Example-

*insert 99.9% of the players just playing the basic game or lights out*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shosuko    2362
18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Again.. it depends on your server settings. Eating Monster meat as Wigfrid can still drive her closer to insanity, You can say well that no problem just build something to regain sanity.

BUT take my super Experimental extreme Summer Server as an Example- I have Days set to very long, Summer set to very Long, All Other Seasons last exactly 6 days, Deerclops is turned off, Caves are turned off, and Ice Glaciers are Turned off, Spider Den spawns are set to less.

The Results is a server where anything and everything you create is always subject to going up into a blazing Inferno. Without Spiderweb you can’t build a Tent or Tophat for decent Sanity Regen, And we All know Wigfrid can’t rely upon the Wickerbottom way of easily raising Sanity by simply eating mushrooms.

So Relying almost entirely on Monster Meat in THIS Particular server would be at your own Sanity risk for example.

But I feel like the biggest problem is that some people do not see Insanity as being all that bad.. they can easily kill the creatures that come after them and it’s no issue for them. 

But I also think that with Klei Reworking all these damn characters abilities you had best be prepared to FEAR something again soon.... because it makes absolutely no sense to Rework characters making them more unique with new abilities and more OP-Ness, and to NOT Rework Insanity...

You have all been Warned, Consider this a Spoiler for what’s to come.

Well first off - Wigfrid can't eat green caps to go insane, so its actually good that she can still go insane from monster meats.  It would take a while for her to go insane with the sanity + health regen she gets from killing spiders, or anything else.  Even going insane, killing a single shadow creature will put her at about 50% sanity due to the regen from killing shadow beast combined with her regen for killing anything.

Its really hard to keep Wigfrid down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    4162

Just going to throw my 2 cents regarding Wigfrid and Wolfgang.

Wolfgang is lame, just really lame to play as. Very strong, basically no downsides.

Wigfrid simply makes more sense to me in a game built around co-op, she can provide helmets, spears, and is a great character for beginners to learn how fighting works. She's got upsides and a pretty unique downside of only eating meat, making you hunt for food rather than foraging it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    9328
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Again.. it depends on your server settings. Eating Monster meat as Wigfrid can still drive her closer to insanity, You can say well that no problem just build something to regain sanity.

BUT take my super Experimental extreme Summer Server as an Example- I have Days set to very long, Summer set to very Long, All Other Seasons last exactly 6 days, Deerclops is turned off, Caves are turned off, and Ice Glaciers are Turned off, Spider Den spawns are set to less.

The Results is a server where anything and everything you create is always subject to going up into a blazing Inferno. Without Spiderweb you can’t build a Tent or Tophat for decent Sanity Regen, And we All know Wigfrid can’t rely upon the Wickerbottom way of easily raising Sanity by simply eating mushrooms.

So Relying almost entirely on Monster Meat in THIS Particular server would be at your own Sanity risk for example.

But I feel like the biggest problem is that some people do not see Insanity as being all that bad.. they can easily kill the creatures that come after them and it’s no issue for them.

Did you forget that she recovers sanity in addition to health in combat? As long as Wigfrid has a weapon and something to smack, she's got a source of sanity and health. So even in this situation, she's fine.

(Also, making a base in the antlion desert can defeat the the whole "everything you create is always subject to going up into a blazing Inferno" thing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    7011
36 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Did you forget that she recovers sanity in addition to health in combat? As long as Wigfrid has a weapon and something to smack, she's got a source of sanity and health. So even in this situation, she's fine.

(Also, making a base in the antlion desert can defeat the the whole "everything you create is always subject to going up into a blazing Inferno" thing)

Yes, but doing that pretty much defeats the entire purpose of the server... I play an Uncompromising Wilderness Survival game for it to BE An Uncompromising Wilderness Survival game... I like a good Challenge.

And I’ve already said this a few times but I will continue to say it- I play State of Decay 2.. and While That game may not be the best game ever created it does have pretty decent Difference in game difficulty settings.

on Normal the Zombie Outbreak is barely starting, Resources are Plentiful and your guaranteed to always find a working vehicle with fuel in it.

On Nightmare Difficulty, The Outbreak has fully taken over there are more zombies everywhere and they’re mostly the Freaks, Buildings are mostly empty to simulate already been looted, finding a vehicle AT ALL will be like finding a needle in a Haystack, and the vehicle you do find will most the time be completely totaled and out of gas requiring both repair kits and fuel before it can be used.

Now you may be asking what SoD 2 has to do with Don’t Starve?... Don’t Starve already has quite a few toggle options you can apply more or less of prior to hosting your worlds, so if ANY game can emulate SoD 2’s Gap Between Casual Player & Hardcore Survivalist.. it’s Don’t Starve Together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweaper    691
5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Again.. it depends on your server settings. Eating Monster meat as Wigfrid can still drive her closer to insanity, You can say well that no problem just build something to regain sanity.

BUT take my super Experimental extreme Summer Server as an Example- I have Days set to very long, Summer set to very Long, All Other Seasons last exactly 6 days, Deerclops is turned off, Caves are turned off, and Ice Glaciers are Turned off, Spider Den spawns are set to less.

The Results is a server where anything and everything you create is always subject to going up into a blazing Inferno. Without Spiderweb you can’t build a Tent or Tophat for decent Sanity Regen, And we All know Wigfrid can’t rely upon the Wickerbottom way of easily raising Sanity by simply eating mushrooms.

So Relying almost entirely on Monster Meat in THIS Particular server would be at your own Sanity risk for example.

But I feel like the biggest problem is that some people do not see Insanity as being all that bad.. they can easily kill the creatures that come after them and it’s no issue for them. 

But I also think that with Klei Reworking all these damn characters abilities you had best be prepared to FEAR something again soon.... because it makes absolutely no sense to Rework characters making them more unique with new abilities and more OP-Ness, and to NOT Rework Insanity...

You have all been Warned, Consider this a Spoiler for what’s to come.

Spoilers on how to make this world easy and boring.
 

Spoiler

Space everything one tile away from each other (1.5x tile if unsure or no placement mods) so you only lose one or two things every ten days in summer and make the following farms: pig, frog, berry, stone fruit and moleworm. Now you proceed to wait for the spider dens to multiply so it goes from a rare and exotic food and becomes a pest in the world. Ignore bee boxes unless you make them near oasis or far away.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    1020
 
 
 
 
20 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Again.. it depends on your server settings. Eating Monster meat as Wigfrid can still drive her closer to insanity, You can say well that no problem just build something to regain sanity.

Sanity as Wigfrid is mostly low most of the time (At least for me...) I eat raw meat and cooked monster meat and LIVE off it. So my sanity is normally low. Sure it's annoying, but I could get it back within' about 3 minutes 

Two Terrorbeaks Kills = Full Sanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    7011

That may be true, but for how long? Wigfrid is still due for a Rework and we have no idea how much she will change, Someone had suggested that since “Mighty Warrior” was a Stage Performance Act, That We should see Wig’s Other side when not Performing, Which sounds Interesting...

Theres also always the chance that all these character Reworks will no doubt lead to a full game and enemy A.I. behavior overhaul, why would they make characters more unique, more OP and more capable of fighting If they do absolutely nothing to make Insanity or other parts of the game more of a Threat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electroely    3683
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

That may be true, but for how long? Wigfrid is still due for a Rework and we have no idea how much she will change, Someone had suggested that since “Mighty Warrior” was a Stage Performance Act, That We should see Wig’s Other side when not Performing, Which sounds Interesting...

Theres also always the chance that all these character Reworks will no doubt lead to a full game and enemy A.I. behavior overhaul, why would they make characters more unique, more OP and more capable of fighting If they do absolutely nothing to make Insanity or other parts of the game more of a Threat?

Well, they're already showing why they're doing the reworks. They make the character more interesting, unique and enjoyable to play. Woodie has been my most played character since the rework: the reworked transformation mechanics and the new transformations are a lot of fun to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites