Lunar New Year leak maybe?

I'm sorry if this was ever mentioned but if it wasn't well Klei leaked abit I guess?

Going straight to the point, if you see on Youtube, Klei's latest art stream community post's comment section...

Klei replied to a user mentioning Lunar New Year about at the end of this month.

Will Year of the Carrat be a thing or will it be replaced? Or maybe both will be on at the same time?

Sorry if this was well known and I'm getting overexcited over nothing and hyping you guys for nothing...

Screenshot_2020-01-15-20-31-46.png

I want to see option for Carrats to replant veges and fruits on the ground, like Wormwood can plant seeds. Anyway 2020 is Water Rat year. Year of the Varg had reference to earth. Also by being stubborn we can say that Year of The Pig King was reference to earth too.

Idk why but I have feelings like we can get seaweeds carrats or mermaid carrats with own Atlantis. Oh well probably my feelings are really bad, but who's know!

I hope in next updates (not only in YofC) Klei will bring for us more sea flora and fauna and more islands. Actually sea is really boring and empty, you can only find few salt rocks, few fish shoars, only one sea plant, a lot of stone rocks.

2 hours ago, Booklover said:

Klei replied to a user mentioning Lunar New Year about at the end of this month.

Will Year of the Carrat be a thing or will it be replaced? Or maybe both will be on at the same time?

On 12/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jason said:

We have been working on finishing the Year of the Carrat event that will be coming toward the end of January, so that's where we are going to be focusing our time. We will likely be announcing info about the next character update and next update for Return of Them.

I'm fairly certain Jan handles all of the PR stuff, and he has a death grip on any and all information regarding anything, especially lore! :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

Or maybe he just handles the Twitch stuff and someone else handles the social medias. :wilson_curious:

Lunar New Year is just their way of saying Chinese New Year, both will be on October 25, they just preferred to use the word Lunar over Chinese because they felt like it or because or underlying political reasons; despite the inaccuracy of it since the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar too but its new year is on June or smt.

In any case, I'd just take this as a lite confirmation that the Year of the Carrat Event is coming late January and perhaps that's why the devs have been rather silent lately, working on finalizing the event. It might be coming even as close as the Thursday next week, on 2020-01-23 as that's the thursday right before Chinese New Year.

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Lunar New Year is just their way of saying Chinese New Year, both will be on October 25, they just preferred to use the word Lunar over Chinese because they felt like it or because or underlying political reasons; despite the inaccuracy of it since the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar too but its new year is on June or smt.

The first new moon of the year is on January 25th, which is the start of a new year on the Chinese Lunar Calendar.

Their months all begin on a new moon, so that's why the date of the new year sometimes changes.

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

Spoiler

It's like...all symbolic y'know? :wilson_ecstatic:

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

The first new moon of the year is on January 25th, which is the start of a new year on the Chinese Lunar Calendar.

Their months all begin on a new moon, so that's why the date of the new year sometimes changes.

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

Reveal hidden contents

It's like...all symbolic y'know? :wilson_ecstatic:

The problem with that is unless they submitted the new update a few weeks in Advance and already have it scheduled to drop, then it’s not actually coming out on Xbox on January 25th, because January 25th is on a Sunday and Microsoft usually updates the Xbox Store on Tuesday’s. So.. if they are wanting to get an update out in time for the real-life Lunar New Year they will have to release it early on Tuesday January 21, or Late.. Tuesday January 28th.

Either way I was kinda expecting to hear some 2020 Roadmap news soon.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The problem with that is unless they submitted the new update a few weeks in Advance and already have it scheduled to drop, then it’s not actually coming out on Xbox on January 25th, because January 25th is on a Sunday and Microsoft usually updates the Xbox Store on Tuesday’s. So.. if they are wanting to get an update out in time for the real-life Lunar New Year they will have to release it early on Tuesday January 21, or Late.. Tuesday January 28th.

Hmm, wanted to ask, don't DST updates to X-Box come on Thursdays? It's always a Thursday on Steam so I had assumed it's also the Thursday night (GMT) or Friday (latent due to certification procedures) for consoles.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Hmm, wanted to ask, don't DST updates to X-Box come on Thursdays? It's always a Thursday on Steam so I had assumed it's also the Thursday night (GMT) or Friday (latent due to certification procedures) for consoles.

Honestly man their update schedule for Don’t Starve Together is so whack that I couldn’t begin to tell you WHEN exactly they update the game for Xbox One- As seen with proof Via This release schedule here: Sometimes it seems to be Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday.. whenever!

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst_xboxone/

But it seems that this update list also includes the smaller bug fix patches.

All I know is that Microsoft doesn’t usually update the Xbox Store until Tuesday’s.. (for like huge new Game releases & larger paid DLC add ons) 

But since DST doesn’t have paid DLC Add-Ons I guess anything goes?

It probably also depends on the SIZE of the Update (I could totally be wrong about that.. But I’m only guessing on this part.)

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Either way I was kinda expecting to hear some 2020 Roadmap news soon.

I think they've said they've basically already wrapped up all the content planned for the event, but don't take my word for it.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly man their update schedule for Don’t Starve Together is so whack that I couldn’t begin to tell you WHEN exactly they update the game for Xbox One- As seen with proof Via This release schedule here: Sometimes it seems to be Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday.. whenever!

They usually try to have it synced up with all other releases, but as they've said many times it's all in the hands of Microsoft once they've submitted the update for approval.

Archived