I realized something now It's a bit hard to ignore.

11 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Couldn’t this be easily fixed by instead of inverting the sprite just having individual ones for each side? Maybe one day we will get it.

If my memory doesn't fail me, someone even reported it in the bugtracker and a dev said that it is a designed feature, and that they are planning to "fix" it, but it's a lot of work and has a low priority, so it won't come any time soon.

21 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

If my memory doesn't fail me, someone even reported it in the bugtracker and a dev said that it is a designed feature, and that they are planning to "fix" it, but it's a lot of work and has a low priority, so it won't come any time soon.

Oh really! I think it’s great news to at least know that it is getting fixed.

56 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

bcos its the same sprite but inverted, same goes for maxwell monocle. for assymetrical horns on beef hat, bascicaly eveyrhwere. dont do clickbait titles next time tho :/

rude. How can he knows that? He's a junior member

Before people start up on this or the sorts, it's more than just a "flipped sprite".
It's not entirely just the sprite that's flipped, it's the animation itself.
Each animation is made facing one direction and then flipped when used in game. For example, there's only an animation for running to the right, it's just flipped when going the other way.
This is also the reason all characters are ambidextrous.

That's why this issue has been around for a while, or related. I'm not Dev so there may be a miracle fix but this is what I do know.
:'}

27 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

This is also why Woodlegs has two wooden legs iirc. Otherwise, the peg leg would switch back and forth between legs during different animations.

I think it's because if he had one his name would be Woodleg

3 minutes ago, CobaltGengar said:

I personally cannot unsee the the axe chopping animation when facing up, where everyone cuts the tree down the wrong side of the axe.

Ever since I saw this like a year ago, I was never able to *NOT* notice it. Klei if you're going to fix anything, please god let it be this.

Archived