Is every cosmetic item obtainable?

There are some skins that were given out for free that aren't available anymore, like the early access firepit, Winter's Feast 2018 lantern, a few Valentine's Day telltale hearts, etc. Calico Chester is also gone unknown.png from the Klei Store, possibly permanently, so the Calico Chester Chest is unavailable too...

2 hours ago, Danitu69 said:

So I have wondered recently - Is every skin/cosmetic/belonging etc. obtainable. It doesn't matter how: steam market, some sort of code, chest. If someone has the knowledge of that we can keep discussing a bit. Thanks in advance!

You can get reasonably close but never to 100%. If you exclude event exclusive/rewards skins, then yeah.

1 hour ago, Frashaw27 said:

You can get reasonably close but never to 100%. If you exclude event exclusive/rewards skins, then yeah.

I refuse to include event skins towards 100%. (The temporary ones anywho, UNLESS they have a permenant version, like the old hallowed nights skins or the yuletide clothes, I count only the permenant versions of those, but for example, I consider myself as having 100% on chest skins as I do not count the gingerbread chest skin due to it being only a limited time skin.)

However I do include loyals towards my 100%, which is why I sadly will never have 100% firepit completion just because I'm not chinese. ;.;

I guess the PAX skins are unobtainable, unless you have been to the respective PAX event. A bit of a bummer but the game is still absolutely amazing. Wish that Klei can do sth about players who joined at a later stage of DST's development.

As others pointed out, Loyal event skins, as well as all but three expired twitch skins are no longer available but Klei Rewards are somewhat promising in bringing them back in the future.

Some Proof of Purchase skins are practically unobtainable since their item is sold out in klei store.

Timeless variants of skins like tragic torch are unobtainable, though their corresponding loyal ones are. They may use this tier to put some previous event skins on Klei Rewards.

Heirloom skins of reworked characters are perfectly available in the steam market but they cannot be obtained in the game; to my dissapointment when you get a drop of such a skin for a reworked character you get the regular elegant version not the heirloom version.

One skin, the potato cup one, is only available to the game developpers, though I wonder how they even skin the trinket.

Finally and sadly, very cool torch and firepit skins were only available for the preorderers of the chinese port of the game. We don't seem to have any other platform exclusives.

9 hours ago, Danitu69 said:

I guess the PAX skins are unobtainable, unless you have been to the respective PAX event. A bit of a bummer but the game is still absolutely amazing. Wish that Klei can do sth about players who joined at a later stage of DST's development.

Kind of. They both exist in the Steam Market, although they cost much more than any other Spiffy item. A friend of mine got the PAX redemption code as a gift from an attendee and split it with me because I was intensely coveting the sweater; neither of us actually went to PAX or indeed have ever been.

(I'm not sure why they're Spiffy instead of Distinguished; I don't see the advantage of making it possible for players to thoughtlessly destroy them in the Trade Inn, although I guess you'd at least get a warning unless you had more than one copy for some reason. But that's beside the point.)

On 15.01.2020 at 1:58 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Well it's an item that shows up in the game but doesn't actually do anything that just being there, right @nome?

It probably has some ancient super secret power we will never know about, only Nome can know what it does but he will never tell us for the good of the universe.

On PS4 it is now impossible to get ANY code skin because Sony forced Klei to remove it. So if you have a funko pop skin, you are basically a god. There was about a 2-month span where you could get them and redeem them, but now that it is gone no-one else can get them. 

9 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Meoww, I covet all your proof of purchase skins.

On another note I wonder why Funko Pop skins are of Loyal quality and not proof of purchase quality.

They're not even Loyal quality, they're just Elegant, in fact they're sellable on the market.

As for me I got all of my funko skins from the funko pops. I didn't want to get them off the market.

1 minute ago, Terra M Welch said:

They're not even Loyal quality, they're just Elegant, in fact they're sellable on the market.

As for me I got all of my funko skins from the funko pops. I didn't want to get them off the market.

Oh that's whyy, you can't sell loyal and proof of purchase items in the community market, si? I think it's ultimately a good decision to make them available in the market. I just hope for a second batch of Don't Starve Funkos though.

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Oh that's whyy, you can't sell loyal and proof of purchase items in the community market, si? I think it's ultimately a good decision to make them available in the market. I just hope for a second batch of Don't Starve Funkos though.

In one thread, Joe said that Proof rarity skins are only from their official shop, when Funko were made with strangers from another company. Also he said that they will think about second - or more - coop with Funko, only if people will want it.

About Loyal ... all loyal skins were available directly from Klei and their servers - like every log-in event skin, twitch collection or gifts for other Klei games. And you could get it only by doing special tasks. With Funko you don't need to do anything special except ordering and buying.

3 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

In one thread, Joe said that Proof rarity skins are only from their official shop, when Funko were made with strangers from another company. Also he said that they will think about second - or more - coop with Funko, only if people will want it.

About Loyal ... all loyal skins were available directly from Klei and their servers - like every event skin, twitch collection or gifts for other Klei games. And you could get it only by doing special tasks. With Funko you don't need to do anything special except ordering and buying.

Pretty Sure Wurt would make a decent Funko Pop.

37 minutes ago, minespatch said:

5d049d24db8f6_Billiamfunkopackaging.thumb.png.fc920179b87768a2e93fab0f681e0d65.png

5cf6248f6db1e_innkeeperfunkopackage.thumb.png.18c1265d47748d12941e22f8becb06ec.png

I'm not sure if someone has done a fake package for Wurt yet.5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

The sad part is that all the stores around my area are a good drive away, and all the places that used to carry toys like this, KB Toys, Toys’R’Us, RadioShack, all the Malls.. everything has gone out of Business and Shut down. Gamestop carries (or used to carry) them- but even with that I’ve only seen them carry them for only like the MAJOR game Releases such as Halo and Gears of War.

I am Defiantly NOT a fan of Funko Pop dolls, I just don’t like the Enormous Head, Tiny Body Thing. However.. it is a perfect match when it comes to Don’t Starve because their characters have large heads and tiny bodies in the game anyway.

Archived