Does anyone know whether the Guest of Honor skins are retired or still dropping but at a very low rate?

I mean, look at this. It's ridiculous.

guest_of_expensive.png.66d1da6c2902f7985522b4c350cdb36f.png

This includes the Distinguished outfits, which also seem to keep going up in price, but not the Classy shoes and gloves since those definitely do still drop all the time. I'm not asking out of urgent personal interest since I already have most of the GoHs I want (I was planning to weave Wendy's when her rework hits, because I really like how it looks but... c'mon), more out of curiosity and a little bit of concern because their drop rates seem well below the other elegants and I've had Triumphant, Roseate, and various weavable heads as drops but not any GoHs. Or, for that matter, Survivor heads, though I've received Survivor Collection outfits as drops.

I can't tell whether the drop rate is actually zero or if it's just really, really low.

I got Wilson's GoH as a gift like four years ago when an acquaintance who doesn't play him got it as a drop and gave it to me because I'm a Wilson main, but the prospect of having to either wait an unknown amount of time for his rework -- we don't even know who's getting reworked next, let alone when -- or pay upwards of 20 bucks to complete my Wolfgang collection is not one that thrills me. (I assume you can get 100% completion on the curio cabinet screen with either the heirloom or the woven versions instead of needing to have both. It's never come up for me.)

Not gonna lie, this is rather rediculous.

I will be honest, I did buy my GoH wendy off the market with a gift card I had gotten, but that was a few years back and it was like $20 then.

Now I see this...

steamwhy.thumb.png.d3e017054e80460a18a8a0bce3104eff.png

I think when I bought GoH wigfrid it was around $17, now I see it went up $10.

reeeee.thumb.png.6bcf514b15733e8cb5ad90608a6ffac4.png

Man no wonder I've been getting phish bot friend requests lately... Thankfully I have a thing called common sense so I tend to ignore the vast majority of friend requests on steam.

But yeah, this is some inflation going on in the market with these skins, that's for sure, I can only imagine how often someones going to see a heirloom guest of honor wendy post rework... Or even wigfrid for that matter. These skins are only getting more expensive, as much as I hate to say that. :s

Heirloom is one of the most but sorry i'll be entirely honest: the most stupidest idea klei has brought up this game.

1. no one cares if you got heirloom or elegant. its just the color of your character info making you think you are a more special person.

2. it doesnt make you a pro neither a sign of how much you love the game. just get it over with it and rather dont get such thing. or just dont get skins after all if you think about it.

3. the one dev who brought up this idea should think how filfthy greedy this idea is. 

1 hour ago, emin61 said:

Heirloom is one of the most but sorry i'll be entirely honest: the most stupidest idea klei has brought up this game.

1. no one cares if you got heirloom or elegant. its just the color of your character info making you think you are a more special person.

2. it doesnt make you a pro neither a sign of how much you love the game. just get it over with it and rather dont get such thing. or just dont get skins after all if you think about it.

3. the one dev who brought up this idea should think how filfthy greedy this idea is. 

The only reason it's like that is because I'm pretty sure they don't want you to be able to weave skins and then immediately sell them on the market. It would crash the market and make spools ridiculously easy to get.

8 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

The only reason it's like that is because I'm pretty sure they don't want you to be able to weave skins and then immediately sell them on the market. It would crash the market and make spools ridiculously easy to get.

also they want the people who bought them for $50 to not start a riot

33 minutes ago, emin61 said:

if they keep adding heirloom for many characters, what is the game gonna be at the end of the day?

The heirloom rarity is only for the skins that were previously marketable and now have a copy of elegant rarity that can't be sold in the market nor traded. I think it's the best Klei could do, the people who paid for the skin now have a skin that will probably attain value as time passes and people who couldn't/didn't want to buy the skin from the market can buy the exact same skin (just with a different rarity) with a fair price, giving the money to who actually matters (Klei ofc). Which also gives the possibility of getting the skin for free using spools which is even better and makes so no one is excluded from getting the swag.

All the recent character skins are being released non marketable nor tradable which pretty much confirms they will never get a heirloom version, the skins that are marketable and tradable from characters that will receive reworks are pretty much confirmed to receive this treatment, an example is the Elegant GoH from Wendy, after her rework all the currently existing ones will get the heirloom rarity (thus probably getting more expensive since it won't be attainable from means outside the market/trades) and will get a copy that can't be put in the market or traded but can be weaved or bought from Klei with a fair price.

I think I just repeated myself, sorry for that. I'm explaining this the best that I can in my current state

47 minutes ago, emin61 said:

if they keep adding heirloom for many characters, what is the game gonna be at the end of the day?

...Basically the same? Except you'll also be able to buy the visually-identical non-heirloom skins directly from Klei at a much cheaper price, so the game will be better when it comes to skins actually.

Oh man I can't wait for the skins to be sold by Klei. Some of the older sets still look really good today, but there is no way on this green earth that I'm spending $30 - $50 for these things.

Sorry to ya'll heirloom owners, but I'd much rather actually SEE people use these skins in game, and not as some sort of "myth from days gone-by"/1 in a million encounter. :chargrined:

Anyways, hope ya'll had a wonderful holiday!

image.png.68a242126e6d03bed810816dd24d2b39.png 

image.png.8c0a5c2aaff260651f0945114c555420.png

image.png.569baaae9e78219aab2fc7071552b803.png

9 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

Oh man I can't wait for the skins to be sold by Klei. Some of the older sets still look really good today, but there is no way on this green earth that I'm spending $30 - $50 for these things.

Sorry to ya'll heirloom owners, but I'd much rather actually SEE people use these skins in game, and not as some sort of "myth from days gone-by"/1 in a million encounter. :chargrined:

Anyways, hope ya'll had a wonderful holiday!

image.png.68a242126e6d03bed810816dd24d2b39.png 

image.png.8c0a5c2aaff260651f0945114c555420.png

image.png.569baaae9e78219aab2fc7071552b803.png

Not gonna lie, Wendy and Wigfrid will pretty much be the extent of any heirlooms I have, and that's only because I 100%'d them before the reworks were even announced.

Honestly I'll be happy if the market becomes completely obsolete.

1 minute ago, Terra M Welch said:

Not gonna lie, Wendy and Wigfrid will pretty much be the extent of any heirlooms I have, and that's only because I 100%'d them before the reworks were even announced.

Honestly I'll be happy if the market becomes completely obsolete.

Ayy, nice! Hope you're enjoying the skins. :biggrin: 

The only non-dlc character I've got to 100% is Woodie, but that's cause the poor guy's skins were dirt cheap on the market. I can't imagine how much the Wendy and Wigfrid skins costed, but I'm impressed!  :wilson_dorky:

12 hours ago, Kuba5565 said:

Just wait until klei reworks the rest of characters, they will drop again and be weavable/buyable for reasonable prices. Who needs expensive heirloom rarity it looks exacly the same and you don't need to have both elegant and heirloom to complete your collection.

I don't know who's getting reworked next and it'll take a while for every character to get a rework. Probably at least a year. That's why I care about getting skins like GoH Wolfgang on the Steam market or from drops; I don't care about the bragging rights of having the rare and valuable version and I don't want to sell them on, I just want to 100% my mains' cosmetics before 2022.

I actually did buy the GoH Willow set from the Klei store, because her GoH looks nice but I don't play Willow enough that I could justify spending the money for the Steam Market version beforehand. I plan on doing the same with GoH Wendy and maybe GoH WX-78, who I also don't play super often (except WX in the Forge simulator mods) but appreciate aesthetically.

Archived