Does anyone know whether the Guest of Honor skins are retired or still dropping but at a very low rate?

image.thumb.png.ffec5c1e1c69633973762c4b23201d04.png

looking at this it could be the most expensive item all over dst market if the other 2 are being brought. i was very suprised when i was looking for the most lowest quantity item. 28th december 2019.

yet its only distunguished.

23 minutes ago, emin61 said:

image.thumb.png.ffec5c1e1c69633973762c4b23201d04.png

looking at this it could be the most expensive item all over dst market if the other 2 are being brought. i was very suprised when i was looking for the most lowest quantity item. 28th december 2019.

yet its only distunguished.

I mean ehh? There's a difference between a capcat skin and a whole character skin, also you forgot all those imposibly high prices of other skins on the market

I didnt want to add all other skins into the image but this item goes up to the roof as soon as the 2nd is being brought wich is why i find it so interesting.

Whaaaaaat??? Has somebody at Klei actually said GoH skins no longer drop?? What makes that collection so special? I mean, it would make sense if all the skins that'll eventually become heirloom rarity would have stopped dropping, but only 2-3 weeks ago I witnessed my friend receiving the Triumphant Wendy. Why is the shadow collection still around if Guest of Honor is not? And the Rooslet, really? 9 years? It's not even Year of the Gobbler collection, only Lunar collection, and other Lunar skins do drop. I really hoped I'd some day be in cluck and get a bouncy rooster companion by my side...

29 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

It's not illegal if people are willing to spend their money on it.

Supply and demand, my friends.

Just feels cheap to me to be honest, Seems like players are selling items at a much larger the cost then it is actually worth.. And making a profit off Klei items being rare and unobtainable because Klei has chosen to make them rare & unobtainable.

I mean the full game itself costs about 15$, Selling In-game skins at 5 times that cost sounds dirty.. seems like the people buying them are gullible, but the person who is Actually getting shafted in this deal is Klei, they could simply choose to make items not be rare at all and make around 5-15$ off them through selling them directly themselves.

But, I don’t know how all that Steam Trader stuff works so Hey, who am I to judge..? I just know that in a game called Ark Survival Evolved it is Illegal to sale In-game items for Real Money. But.. people continue to do it anyway.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just feels cheap to me to be honest, Seems like players are selling items at a much larger the cost then it is actually worth.. And making a profit off Klei items being rare and unobtainable because Klei has chosen to make them rare & unobtainable.

I mean the full game itself costs about 15$, Selling In-game skins at 5 times that cost sounds dirty.. seems like the people buying them are gullible, but the person who is Actually getting shafted in this deal is Klei, they could simply choose to make items not be rare at all and make around 5-15$ off them through selling them directly themselves.

So if someone is willing to buy something for 40$, are you going to sell it for less than that? No. You're going to sell it for 40$.

You guys should know that the don’t starve together market simulate a actual market economic that’s slow due to lack of players unlike CSGO. It’s a no brain why theses skin cost so much. You guys should be grateful that Klei even release these skins again on their store for basically the exact copy yet you’re still complaining. The steam market also make Klei generate revenues. I’m getting into flipping skins for csgo but currently I’m using dst market since it’s more manageable. I just want you to know you can flip these skins for a profit. I already made upward of 100$ of selling guest of honor skins since they’re more stable compare to other skin. You just buy the skin at a low price. You don’t want to buy it directly then stash them away. Also when you see the trend on the market for when skin value drops. If you take business class then you’ll know. That’s when you buy the skins and wait again for the price to spike and sell them. 

1 hour ago, TheKingDedede said:

Citation needed, my man.

I mean, the reason I started this thread was because I wasn't sure if GoH skins were completely out of the running or just ridiculously rare drops with like a 0.0005% chance of happening. Does anyone know why the common knowledge is that they no longer drop, or is it a guess based on the fact that nobody knows anyone who's received one in the last three or four years and the number in the Steam Market isn't getting any larger? Was someone able to see the drop code, or did someone hear directly from a developer about it?

20 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I mean, the reason I started this thread was because I wasn't sure if GoH skins were completely out of the running or just ridiculously rare drops with like a 0.0005% chance of happening. Does anyone know why the common knowledge is that they no longer drop, or is it a guess based on the fact that nobody knows anyone who's received one in the last three or four years and the number in the Steam Market isn't getting any larger? Was someone able to see the drop code, or did someone hear directly from a developer about it?

I don’t think anybody knows why the skin  stop dropping but we’re sure it stop dropping. This is the particular reason why GOH skins are the most stable skin in the market thus being the most expensive of all the skins. Somebody mentions that they saw their friend received a Wendy triumphant skin. I remember back in the days when It was quite expensive but it slowly went down. The reasoning? A lot of quantity of it. This skin still continues to drop this the skin price will continue to go down until it’s literary dirt cheap. That’s why I never touch with these skins. Once I get it from free drop. I sell it right away because I know the price will drop . I can alway rebuy the skin at a later date for cheaper price. 

Basically to answer your question. Nobody knows why GOH skin stop dropping. It was one of the first skin set to be release. 

I think I saw one of you ask why GOH skin is so expensive and why people even bother with it when you can buying it? 

Short answer: GOH skins are low quantity ( beside some GOH skins ) and they no longer drop. The price for these skins WILL CONTINUE TO RISE because these are limited supply. Just look at every GOH trends. You can see for yourself. Yes some may have barely risen in price while other sky rocket. Really depends how many quantity of these GOH skin are out there for the particular skin. (Other factor also play a part like is the character of the skin popular? Does it get play a lot? Is the skin good looking)  Also to answer the question for people who complain why people buy these skins. 1.) it’s stable, 2.) to flex, 3.) to add to their collections. 4.) to sell it for profit, 5.) because they want to and it’s not your money, 6.) other reason. 

Should Klei rerelease GOH? 

my thoughts: Most likely never. If they do, there would be bunch of angry people out there especially those whom brought these skins. if they release it, the market would be flooded with people trying to sell their skins before the price drop due to more quantity thus lower price. Also why would they bother to make a separate tier for the skin called Heierloom? They did this on purpose when the rerelease the skin. This is to distinguish the original owner of the skin and the one bought from Klei store

Now looking what would happen if they do. Let look at the Halloween skins. During the first Hallow night when the skin was release. Not many people got the Halloween skin this the quantity was low making the Halloween skin super expensive and stable. After the next Halloween, the price of the skin literally went flop because of new quantity. I honestly pray that people who owned the skin before was smart enough to realize the price of the skin was going to drop and sole their. 

EDIT: I just want to say what I may have said is biased because I own a lot of GOH skins however some of what I said is the truth. Honestly, you can answer most of these questions by some logical thinking and basic economics. Regarding why the skin stop dropping while other didn’t. It’s may remain a mystery

Archived