Questions about end game goal [Spoiler]

I have reached the Temporal Tear.

And....  nothing happened. The rocket return to the home. All my dupes still there.

According to in-game dialogue,I thought there aren't gonna come back.

Does I do anything wrong!? Or it's just that!?!

The achievement is unlock and the entry log is update when rocket is launched. 

My rocket don't have research module. instead, I install sightseeing module and take extra dupe to go there.

PS. Sorry for my brokeh English language.

17 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

This is a lesson that has been learned before: it is about the journey, not the destination.

Well said.

A short movie would have been welcomed, still. I agree with the poster, this is anticlimatic.

No temporal tear should have been better. No goal, no conclusion needed.

5 minutes ago, OxCD said:

No temporal tear should have been better. No goal, no conclusion needed.

Very much agree. I dislike the inclusion of achievements and hardwired imperatives so I will always ignore them.

I can't imagine a 5 minute flash animation ever living up to the thousands of hours people spend thinking about this game.

8 hours ago, nakomaru said:

This is a lesson that has been learned before: it is about the journey, not the destination.

It could be that, but in fact, Klei didn't have enough time to finish the end game. During, the launch upgrade beta we had a cinematic "not yet implanted" and a text which explain why the Duplicant leave the asteroid (see my screenshots below).

I'm pretty sure it will be implanted with the futur content update.

I'll add, the game need a end game goal like DST to link every asteroid as we can link the differents worlds in Don't Starve.

• Developer

Hey folks,

There was a bug preventing the Temporal Tear sequence from playing, and a fix to that bug was shipped in the preview branch we just opened up. It looks like that note didn't make it into the patch notes.

If you play on the preview branch, the full sequence should behave as expected!

On 11/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, tzionut said:

@jambell A question. The shattered planet we don,t have the possibility to send a rocket to it...analyzing it or anything else...

I don't want to spoil anything for you but the story of the colony and the planet is tied up in the journal entries/logs you find scattered about the map. The whole this is pretty dark and does not match the cartoon like nature of the game though it does match the tone of the developers games in general.

On 18/11/2019 at 8:44 AM, tzionut said:

One duplicant can build a printing pod... then...

No please, no.

Jodi and (retcon) Olivia built it. There are no "dupes" of them, AFAIK.

One of them could possibly be the printing pod "consciousness" itself or some sort of remote control mechanism.

Dupes are printed with pretty basic, random attitudes/interests/flaws, so they are not perfect replicas of the original dupe. So no chance of perfect Jodi and Olivia here. Also, since they are not part of the current 35 dupe pool, nope.

Dupes seem to be unable to replicate the advanced technology they can find in the asteroid (AETN and Printing Pod). So no chance here.

There is not a "Time Manipulation" tech in the tree or any sort of superadvanced tier in the science branch. Another no.

So, let's learn from history and NOT repeat the same spacetime ending mistakes, shall we?

Yea, OFC :wilson_evil:

Archived