Don't Starve Together: A New Rain

Does anybody else feel as if the rain mechanic is in need of a revamp? As of now, rain only has a unique effect on WX-78. His health loss when wet makes sense for the character, but how can rain add to the other characters uniqueness? 

Wurt

Wurt is a Merm. Merms (including the king) have a default wet modifier. This makes sense, because amphibians need to stay moist to survive. They absorb water through their skin to aid in respiration. They are ectothermic, meaning they can't self-regulate their body temperature. So if they get too cold, they can die. 

Proposal: Wurt should gain a slight stat regeneration when wet, but suffer from a stat drain (other than sanity) when too wet/cold. 

Or

Wurt gains faster movement when wet, and moving drains the wetness meter. 

Wormwood

Wormwoods main crutch is his health. He's a plant. He even has quotes about how appreciative he is of the rain (if my memory serves me correct).

Proposal: Wormwood gains health regeneration in the rain. 

Misc.

Rain should be changed on the lunar island. The magic of the moon has enchanted the surrounding water with strange properties. Ooo. Ominous. 

Feel free to discuss and propose tweaks on these effects. Rain has potential. #TeamRain. This is a movement. This is... A New Rain.

Health regen for Wormwood in the rain would be great, would make up for losing his (arguably I guess) best perk from DS, immunity to Hay Fever. Might also help in Spring when every bee in the Constant is trying to kick his ass.

I would really enjoy different type of rains (not only extra mechanics for characters). Imaginate an acid rain where you need to stay under a tree (or build the shelter from SW(i'm still waiting on that building for DST)) . Or a rain that make puddles like the flood season in SW and those puddles make you more wet and stuff... There are many options but...

To tell the truth I'm starting to think Klei is of the mind "If it's not broken, don't fix it". As there are many parts of DST (DS) that need to be reworked for DST for example the insanity(at the moment it's nothing else than shadow fuel farm), the meatballs exploit, cooking(it has gotten better but not a full rework), etc...

As that content worked for DS but for DST... it works 50/50...

At this point I'm just waiting for more and more new content to pile up before I start playing the game again. And I really hope they start reworking old parts of the game. The characters are a good start but the game need more... I want an DLC level of content drop... But then again I know that they can't do this for free... So little by little...

3 hours ago, Kuba5565 said:

It is? I think i had some worlds where it didn't but i'm not sure.

No it always does EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

Like unless you turn off rain, it will rain on day 5, 6, or 7 no matter what           

For Instance:

image.png.1a28be5491a8fb048945ee93409a9c0a.png

5dc36759eafc5_Screenshot2019-11-06at6_37_13PM.png.b2eb7c152398d2d48ad9597b39fedeab.png

LIKE LORDS HAVE MERCY SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS

IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!! I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS

15 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

No it always does EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

Like unless you turn off rain, it will rain on day 5, 6, or 7 no matter what           

For Instance:

image.png.1a28be5491a8fb048945ee93409a9c0a.png

5dc36759eafc5_Screenshot2019-11-06at6_37_13PM.png.b2eb7c152398d2d48ad9597b39fedeab.png

LIKE LORDS HAVE MERCY SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS

IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!! I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS

I thought that was common knowledge lmao.

16 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

I thought that was common knowledge lmao.

Guess not. Every single person I have asked has said they didn't know, or didn't believe me/ said they have had a game where it doesn't. 

You are officially the first person who has said they knew about it. SO THANK YOU

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can tell you from experience that Rain is Wickerbottoms enemy.

Even with an Umbrella I can not seem to keep the rain from still draining her Sanity at an Alarmingly fast rate :( Day 45- Death By Endless Rainfall.

Use a hat or helmet to stack with the umbrella.

6 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Use a hat or helmet to stack with the umbrella.

Thank you, but it’s too late now.. my obituaries will forever read “Death by Endless Rainfall” (It doesn’t really.. I actually died to a Terrorbeak but I mean still.. I blame it on the rainnn, rain, rain, rain, RAIN!

(okay I’m showing my old again sorry, carry on!)

Archived