What an average game of DST would look like if everyone got their way?

Post your "ideas/changes" down below, I'm really interested what a game would look like if everything everyone wanted was added in. As for myself I guess I would add the option for different server playstyles enabling certain "smaller" crafting recipes such as war-related defenses for madness and so on. 

(Bonus points for anyone that describes what would happen if a newbie went through your ideas.)

From memory, here is how DST would go:

- There would be 365 characters, similar to dota, each with wild powers

- Skins would have individual powers and stats, and skins would drop by killing mobs

- Weapons will be upgradeable, and depending on rarity drops, each will do increasing more damage or effects

- New waves of monsters will hit all players on the server, including dragons, dune worms in the desert, crow attacks, merm invasions and others

- Food will be rare, and will have to be bought on the farmer's market for gold

- DST will become an MMO, with an infinitely generating map like minecraft, and thousands of concurrent players like WoW

- The forge and gorge will be event instances that you can jump in from some setpieces in the world, and do raids. The forge is now a massive battlefield PvP, of 1000v1000 similar to games like Battlefield and Planetside, where you can mount boars and snurtles into battle

- Crockpot will have 4 new additional slots that are optional and the recipe count is now over 9000 progressively generated recipes, each with buff lines

- Popular mods will be integrated in the main game, like show health, smart crocpot, quick drop, geometric placement, status announcement, quick drop

- Geometric placement cannot be toggled off, so that all bases must now look pretty

- Setting fire to base items is no longer possible, and each item has ownership and is soulbound

- Some areas of the map, depending on turf, like swamp, become PvP zones like in the old days of runescape where people can meet in the wilderness and fight for loot

- Pig king is now changed to the Pig Auction, where players can open an interface and trade for loot with players, including from other servers

- Global temporary events are now like in Fortnite, and battle royale mode activates forcing all people to play a Rust like survival of the fittest hunger games until the duration is over

Let me know if I missed anything.

You mean like how would "vanilla" games be if all mods in Steam Workshop would be added to it?

Your game would lag and stutter af, constantly crash or wouldn't even start.

And if by some miracle that wouldn't be the case, judging from what you generally see in said Workshop you might as well call Don't Starve "The Great Meme Furry Anime Madness Adventure" :roll:

I think everybody does get their way with all the incredible mods available (to PC players) + varied world settings you can mess with.

A common complaint is wanting the game to be more difficult for experienced players when that can be achieved in 1000 different ways with mods and world settings and/or personal rules. But I get that there's something different about an official change in the game endorsed by Klei... like it's cannon or something and that helps our... immersion? I don't know. Of course then it's impossible everyone gets their way.

I would change/add 2 things:

the change: after day 150, hound waves would have a varg. after day 200+ it would have 2 vargs.

the add: Polar islands, one on the extreme north of the world, one on the extreme south. It's extreme winter there (you can't handle the cold with just na beefalo hat and hibernation vest). The north island is home to mrs. klause (more powerful than enraged klaus). The south island is home to yeti.

Also, both islands has snowstorm during day-time (not on dusk or night).

It is the year 20XX, and in the future everything is devastation, because everyone has for some reason been given the chance to be in charge of developing the game "Don't Starve." The Veterans and Elitists hover in the seiza position in their monasteries and make instant additions and changes to the game with their left hands, while typing extremely long and detailed suggestion threads in General Discussion with their right. The changes also happen ten or even five seconds apart because people immediately argue and bicker about said change, with the majority hastily yet victoriously applying the changes they envision. Everyone plays the characters that the Veterans endorse, because we all know that that one is the only truly viable one, and if you didn't the Veterans would lash out with nasty rhetoric and a lightning bolt to smite down such heresy. Nobody can stop the phenomenon any longer, as the Veterans and Elitists have achieved total perfection and superiority, their opinions having the most weight in the community. The noobs and casuls sit in abject poverty wondering how all this had come to pass and desperately pray for the devs to regain control.

If I magically got every single thing I wanted....where to begin. I guess here's just an ugly mess of my most wanted things for DST. DST would have a progression system similar to terraria's, where the world changes and gets more challenging as you complete specific events, but as you go rewards increase. Examples of these would be opening the portal after killing fuelweaver, or maybe the chunk of the moon falling making the cardboard water traversable. Would also have a real "normal mode" and "expert mode", like terraria so almost everyone could still enjoy it. The forge and gorge could be accesible through the portal and upon completion will bring back some mechanics and npcs like mumsy to the constant with you. Ai wouldn't be so dumb, mobs would have more than one predictable attack... maybe they would learn more attacks as you progress and scale, so no enemies would just fall off when you get stronger. The DST combat system would be entirely different and require some skill rather than memory. There would be much more viable weapons and armors. Each character would be truly unique and offer different playstyles. All characters would have a huge amount of special animations and the world would too, making the game feel much more lively. All characters would get ported, Hamlet and SW together would obviously be a thing ( no more pizza boats) , and in this world would have been made from the ground up for multiplayer. DST would get a solo play mode to allow for offline solo play, so nobody in the player base gets left behind. And skins would be much more high quality, and have special effects, animations, and maybe even some different voices and quotes. And.. seasonal events would be total map makeovers, changing the music, affecting how all the enemies and structures look. In the end, I just want the game to be more engaging and stop relying on not knowing something to be challenging. Of course in this perfect world, Klei would have been huge and time/resources wouldn't be something that held them back.

Oh... and of course, PVP would get some more attention heh. PVP would have been balanced differently from PVE, and not effect PVE at all. 

These are just dreams and who am I to say they would all work as well as they sound in my head.

Archived