No Prototype Challenge. What was your hardest/funniest challenge?

There are other challenge threads but they are specific to one challenge ( as far as I saw ).

So, I'm gonna start a new thread that we can share the hardest/funniest challenge we ever did in DST, starting with my own.

The no-prototype challenge

So after joining a Klei server that was running on day ~71, and noticing that everything has already been looted, I decided to go for a challenge that you can not prototype any item ( nope, you can't be wicker ). This means:

• No lantern, minerhat, etc
  • No tools other than axe and pickaxe
  • No weapon or armor ( except if you're Wigfrid, makes it too easy though )
  • No alchemy engine ( only science machine for opening gifts? )
  • No blueprints learnt
  • No thermal stone
  • No winter hats
  • No umbrella
  • No walking cane
  • No usage of prototyped items or buildings ( whether you found them or someone gives it to you )
  • NO BASE!
  • and NO to anything that needs to be prototyped

I actually managed to get a lucky tam'o shanter and make it through winter, and lived through spring using pretty parasol and straw hat until summer arrived and I was too bored to go spelunking.

It was pretty fun though, turned out you don't need anything to survive which will rule out the "WHERE IS BASE" question out of the list :D

What are some of your experiences in challenges? We would be happy to hear them!

Woww, that sounds a bit too extreme, just like that `DO EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IN 11 DAYS` challenge. But like the idea. Maybe a softer version might be a Low Tech challenge, never going tier 2 and only working with Science Machine and Prehatistator.

Also you don't have to spelunk in summer. You can battle the heat effectively with Straw Hat + Whirling fan + some shade

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Woww, that sounds a bit too extreme, just like that `DO EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IN 11 DAYS` challenge. But like the idea. Maybe a softer version might be a Low Tech challenge, never going tier 2 and only working with Science Machine and Prehatistator

Might be extreme but feels good. No need to rely on anything or anyone, true wilderness :D Although that day 11 is extreme too, but they are different in nature. That one is hard labor, this one is survival horror :D

Cool challenge, I should try it some time soon!

Btw...

16 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:

No weapon or armor ( except if you're Wigfrid, makes it too easy though )

Angry Grass Suit noises

Edit: I'm wondering, when no prototyping means that we can still craft ruins and moon stuff, right? So actually we could still get good armor and weapons.

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Credits to @SplOrange

That was fun! Ruin rush right from loading screen :D

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Cool challenge, I should try it some time soon!

I guess someone who makes it to ruins using torch deserves some ruin loot :D Although I never went caving myself. I should try that sometime!

3 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Edit: I'm wondering, when no prototyping means that we can still craft ruins and moon stuff, right? So actually we could still get good armor and weapons.

Only weregoose would be able to get glass cutters from the lunar island, since other characters can't craft boats

29 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

Only weregoose would be able to get glass cutters from the lunar island, since other characters can't craft boats

Since the cutter requires boards, I don't think anyone is allowed to craft it... 

Btw, if the worldgen is lucky, Wortox can get to the island too (or anyone if it turns into a peninsula :D )

Archived