Jump to content

Next Rework?


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I have grown very attached to this game and so I wanted to ask the community who do you think in your opinion is going to be the next character rework? Since Wendy is my main I am hoping it's her and the fact that Spooktober is coming makes me even more hyped. So I wanted to ask this to see if I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Thanks for the answers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they do Walani I really hope they focus on her remorseful pirate backstory, maybe give her some bombs or traps or something.

Otherwise, I hope its Wendy, shes honestly got the least going for her, and while I DO want a rework for Wicker, Wendy mains deserve it more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love to see some of the "OP" characters reworked soon to iron out a lot of the balancing topics centering around them.

BUT right now you can pick them and they're still "viable". Thus I'd say Wendy should be next. To bring them up to the new standard and make them a better pick for more than just theme/aesthetic.

I still believe the next rework is gonna be November, and the next DLC character October. Though who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

No one talks about Wes...

There’s literally been a lot of topics about Wes, I’ve been petitioning for him to be able to make invisible walls!!  They would react similar to Wormwoods Bramble trap (temporarily stunning and ensnaring an enemy)

Wes was designed to be hard for SINGLE PLAYER, this is A MULTIPLAYER game so it’s time the clown gets some changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I definitely think Wendy is getting the next rework. I don't really care one way or the other, but with how much the community talks about her and such, it'd only be most likely that Klei goes for her next. After all, they do seem to be following the river of people most requested for changes. (Already got the main 3 out of the way- Winona, Willow, and Woodie)

I just hope they don't go for another re-imagining of the character like with Woodie, at least not with addressing the community first. A few of these reworks (especially Woodie's) could just be a slight numbers change, or introduction of a long-wanted mechanic. I really don't want Klei to feel like there's any pressure to completely reinvent characters and make it some big earth-moving event to do so, when we really don't even need anything to that scale in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

He opens an invisible door and leaves the Constant.

Finally!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Auth said:

I definitely think Wendy is getting the next rework. I don't really care one way or the other, but with how much the community talks about her and such, it'd only be most likely that Klei goes for her next. After all, they do seem to be following the river of people most requested for changes. (Already got the main 3 out of the way- Winona, Willow, and Woodie)

I just hope they don't go for another re-imagining of the character like with Woodie, at least not with addressing the community first. A few of these reworks (especially Woodie's) could just be a slight numbers change, or introduction of a long-wanted mechanic. I really don't want Klei to feel like there's any pressure to completely reinvent characters and make it some big earth-moving event to do so, when we really don't even need anything to that scale in the first place.

Finally!

Except... we DO because you and I the players have absolutely no idea what Klei have in store for DST in the long-term and I can guarantee you that they aren’t just reworking all these characters for no reason whatsoever... I bet there’s gonna be content coming that Demands the use of everyone’s new found abilities-

i for one am enjoying Woodies Were-goose form as a quick and effective way to cross large bodies of water with great ease.

but like I said before... before there was an ocean in the game Woodie didn’t need a Water crossing Goose shape, but now it’s one of those Quality of Life changes that once you have you couldn’t dare imagine going back to playing the game without it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever I say that I want Walani in DST, deep down I admit that Im memeing because it's rather unlikely. HOWEVER, seeing a lot of people unironically want Walani too has really brought my hopes up.

 

Other than that, Wendy is most likely getting a rework next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Canis said:

Whenever I say that I want Walani in DST, deep down I admit that Im memeing because it's rather unlikely. HOWEVER, seeing a lot of people unironically want Walani too has really brought my hopes up.

 

Other than that, Wendy is most likely getting a rework next.

The sudden surge in demand for Walani is due to two things-

1- Warly was added not to long ago.

2- Walani uses surfboards to cross bodies of water, and Woodie’s Were-Goose form just makes us want her that much more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The sudden surge in demand for Walani is due to two things-

1- Warly was added not to long ago.

2- Walani uses surfboards to cross bodies of water, and Woodie’s Were-Goose form just makes us want her that much more.

I see Walani as a missed opportunity, with a lot of potential if reworked.

She has a lot of quotes about being a pirate in the past, having used the cutlass, making mention of serving under a captain, being responsible for securing powder kegs, and she has quotes about her regrets too, her examination quote for looking at a pond is "It's kind of hard to look at myself these days."

Dam.

 

But Capy probably just thought "eh, tropical sea? Hawaiian surfer character? Sure good enough." and someone else wrote in a backstory later.

 

I would love to see a somewhat emotional animated short for Walani, similar to Warly, there's enough hints of something bigger that could make Walani a great addition to the game story wise.

Gameplay wise, Walani could fill the role of having some pirate/seafaring knowledge, since Woodlegs is likely never going to get added, and we could use a character who specializes in seafaring. (assuming the sea is actually used for something important instead of just pointless side objectives instead of survival)

 

 

But also heck yeah surf board

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WILBUR should be the next one ported into DST rework or not.

Although i got some ideas for my beloved Wilbur:

- Can throw stuff (not just manure)
- Can Run, can dodge (like Wheeler but with roll animation), climb tree (mob loose agro after awhile), pick fruits while on tree (no need to chop down tree)
- Can plant Banana
- Gain sanity from Banana: eat, pick, plant, carry
- Can craft a more fancy crown (go with a red cape), that bound all kind of ape (Splumonkey, Shadow Splumonkey, Prime Ape, Spider Monkey...) when worn (something like this)

kisspng-gorilla-ape-king-kong-monkey-60t


- Transfrom into Giant Kong when full moon or when pissed off (There is a Piss-off metter that increase when Wilbur eat anything but Banana)

40A.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've most likely got the new character that they were working on before Woodie coming first, but after that...yea, probably Wendy.

Hopefully it's an update rather than the refocuses/redesigns done so far.
I like Wendy. Would be a shame to lose my favorite playable character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...