Where is my lore?

The new update was cool and all, But
WHAT IS CHARLIE DOING RIGHT NOW?

How did woodie get his curse again?

New puzzle when? (i mean you have an animation team now, how hard can it be?)
Why did a part of the moon fall off again????
image.thumb.png.7d9c360eaff673a7ec604a20abc95894.png
wasnt this supposed to be in "future updates"?
Sorry for this kind of post, im just really confused:wilsondisappointed:

Hey, they might of not said anything outright, but that doesn’t mean we’ve not gotten any lore.

For one, we now know the werepig curse and werebeaver/werecanada curses are related somehow, with the whole “eating monster meat transforms you” thing. 

With this, I think it’s safe to guess that Woodie didn’t have the curse before he came here. I don’t know if Maxwell says anything about outright giving it to him though, so, y’know, that’s still a mystery.

Concerning Woodie...

Unlike Winona and some others characters that are strongly attached to the Constant's story, I think that Woodie origins aren't as valuable for focusing on his lore (to the dismay of his mains). What we know about Woodie is that he disappeared, same for Warly, they're just been kidnapped by Them or something like that so its not worthy repeating the same story again.

And frankly, this animated short sketch could be repeating for others characters that have also a small impact on world and Maxwell's story, more focusing on their new abilities than past if it only emotional.

I'm not saying that it's what I want, but I feel this is the reason why we had this instead. Now it's to Klei to decides what's next.

But for the Charlie side, guess it's not called Return of Them for nothin', just have to wait, they're setting the field for something big coming up, I can feel it. :wilson_vforvictory:

46 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

The new update was cool and all, But

Sorry for this kind of post, im just really confused:wilsondisappointed:

be patient !

"lore is coming! "

50 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

Drinking Tea with Mr. Terrorbeaky on the Nightmare Throne

51 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

That's what I hoped for the Short to explain, you know THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVE SOME LORE/BACKGROUND, not give back their Daily life in the constant ._. Also how did Lucy become a thing, who is she? And most importantly why does Woodie hate birds with such passion, I guess we'll never know.

53 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

Probably once the Moon Entity gets revealed or something along the lines of finishing the next err DLC? I guess expansion would be the perfect term, eh?

54 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

Charlie: The Moon bothers me, it kinda just hangs there, let's nuke it and expose whatever is lurking inside it since it seems that it's Hollow and Alive

55 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

I guess the Gateway ran out of juice and can no longer make portals since Charlie sucked up all the power as seen in the Forge Trailer :/ Silly M/Goose

1 hour ago, ADM said:

Concerning Woodie...

Unlike Winona and some others characters that are strongly attached to the Constant's story, I think that Woodie origins aren't as valuable for focusing on his lore (to the dismay of his mains). What we know about Woodie is that he disappeared, same for Warly, they're just been kidnapped by Them or something like that so its not worthy repeating the same story again.

The opposite is also a possibility. What if his lore is way too valuable and they decided to not show it just yet?  ( ꒪Д꒪)

HOLD UP I GOT YOU 

Alright! So! I found some interesting character quotes based around the moon. 

Wolfgang:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Moon is shy in cave!"

Moon Rock IdolMoon Rock Idol- "Hehe. Is funny little moon man."     ---->  Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Is too scary in here for funny man to work."

Wickerbottom: 

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "It needs a lunar influence."

Webber: 

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Doesn't work. We probably need to see the moon or something."

Wigfrid:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Mani cannöt see us here.": In mythology, a lunar deity is a God or Goddess associated with or symbolizing the Moon. Mani was the God/Goddess of the moon.

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Needs the gaze öf Mani tö wörk."

Maxwell: 

Moon StoneMoon Stone (broken)- "Ruins of an ancient relic." IS THIS A SEPERATE THEORY!!! DID THE ANCIENTS TOY WITH THE MOON TO??? IS THAT WHY THEY MOVED DOWN  THERE????

Moon StoneMoon Stone (repaired)- "I had thought these were all destroyed eons ago." DESTROYED BY WHO??? ANCIENTS???

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "The cave provides sanctuary from the 'moon's' prying eyes."

Woodie:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "We're free from the moon's reach down here."

WX-78: 

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "THE MOON CAN'T SEE US HERE"

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "ERROR: LOGIN REQUIRES MOON VISIBILITY"

Wendy:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Caves. The moon's one weakness.": This one is the most interesting out of all of them. Wendy doesn't say this SEEMS to be the Moon's one weakness, or this MAY be the Moon's one weakness. She is very bleak and to the point. "The Moon's one weakness." Wendy is known for her depressing, but true and straight to the point. 

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "I can't... not in here."

It looks like the moon does NOT like the caves. It seems that the Moon and you need a direct line of sight with the Moon otherwise it's ineffective, and with the Wolfgang quote..... That one is a bit messy..... because he does refer to himself as "Funny Man" quite a bit, but these two quotes just tie in TOO well. But yes, the developers were planning on adding in the working moondial in caves, until the new turn of tides...... I wonder why...... 

Is it possible that the Ancients moved underground because of the Moon?  The Moon does promise protection.....

Wendy:

Moon Rock Wall BuildMoon Rock Wall- "The moon... she whispers promises of protection to me."

This does kind of fight my previous argument with Wolfgang because Wendy calls the Moon a She, while Wolfgang says Funny Man (To be fair Wolfgang is like REALLY stoopid, and he could just be being a stoopid head) 

BACK TO THE ANCIENTS POINT: So yes they do "Promise Protection" but I'm assuming the Moon is protecting everyone from nightmare creatures. BUT before the Ancients went underground there were no "Nightmares" (THANKS ANCIENTS) So I think the Moon was a bit mean to the ancients forcing them underground. (The moon is shown to be a meanie head on Lunar Island) 

IMAGE BELOW:

image.thumb.png.840f80ed9e548042a1de0fd739b760a7.png

So! That's my theory on the moon early back in the day before Maxwell RULED the world. (QUE IN FALLEN KINGDOM)

Now an individual did tell me that I'm reading to much into the character quotes, and this honestly REALLY isn't false. But the characters have been right on many things in the past. Maxwell literally ruled over the world. So I understand that some or all of the quotes can be false. But then again, that's the point of a theory. To prove it right or wrong. A theory isn't a fact. It's a logical guess based on the information you have. Yes, maybe I am grabbing at straws but oh well

I could be VERY wrong about this, and if you tried..... You could PROBABLY find holes in my theory, but all I have to say is...

\__("/)__/

7 hours ago, L. Ringmaster said:

how hard can it be

Making puzzles, animations,story,mechanics,new creatures, skins,events, living normal life, making artwork, checking forums, updateing game on multiple platforms all in the same time can be pretty hard.We need to be patient i know we want more lore, they are probably working on it, we should not hurry them. We don't want to stress them do we?

9 hours ago, L. Ringmaster said:

That's about the rudest way you can request something.

keep in mind this was a post from when i wasnt in the best mood xd (post is from 3 months ago!), and i mean, they have done so much, they even have the budget for an animation team, yet it doesnt seems they are willing to change up some quotes? atleast give us some hints smh (for one they did the charlie laughter one at the end of the RoT part 2 trailer. but yeah i guess thats not the best way to ask someone a favor...

On 3. 12. 2019 at 5:52 PM, GetRektKids said:

This does kind of fight my previous argument with Wolfgang because Wendy calls the Moon a She, while Wolfgang says Funny Man (To be fair Wolfgang is like REALLY stoopid, and he could just be being a stoopid head) 

Hello the moon has no gender, survivors have questionable quotes that don't match everything and other's views k bye

On 03/12/2019 at 4:52 PM, GetRektKids said:

HOLD UP I GOT YOU 

Alright! So! I found some interesting character quotes based around the moon. 

Wolfgang:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Moon is shy in cave!"

Moon Rock IdolMoon Rock Idol- "Hehe. Is funny little moon man."     ---->  Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Is too scary in here for funny man to work."

Wendy:

Moon Rock Wall BuildMoon Rock Wall- "The moon... she whispers promises of protection to me."

there's a deity named Chandra, forgot what culture she belongs to, but she was originally referred to as male, then started to be referred to as female. i think this might be in reference to that, possibly?

(alternatively, moon genderfluid. kthanxbai)

On 9/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, FuffledBeeQueen said:

And most importantly why does Woodie hate birds with such passion, I guess we'll never know.

Mmm, this. With his hatred of birds, him having a moon-related curse, and birds showing up about as often in as the moon in update posters for a long time, as well as birds mysteriously having no nests and seemingly just living somewhere in the sky, and implied to be breaking the laws of the Constant by traveling between realms according to Maxwell...I was hoping Woodie's update would be the one to get the ball rolling on, like, explaining anything about that. Or at least giving them some slightly spooky attention.

Still hoping, but...I think they've been relegated to a running joke. Like Woodie. .-.

Archived