forecast on the next reworks based on what we have already seen!

Wendy: she will be able to summon five different Abigail, one that moves faster, one that emits light, one that gives fire to things, one that remotely strikes with lasers and one that transmutes trees into golds.
Each Abigail requires a different animal to sacrifice, and when Wendy is summoned it loses 100 health points and can no longer recover them until Abigail is death.
Wolfgang: it can be transformed into ten different mighty Wolfgang, depending on what you eat. Each Wolfgang has a different power related to the whiskers.
Obviously, to rebalance the thing, every form of Wolfgang lasts 10 seconds and, once finished, Wolfgang needs a cardiac massage in order not to have a heart attack.
WX-78: it can be updated in twenty-five different shapes, and each one need only one of dry grass and one flint. However, when it rains, WX will suffer 1500% more damage every second.
Wilson: Now he can craft 150 new types of razor. No new power tied to science or its period seated on the throne. On the other hand, if you let your beard grow for 1056 days, it will become a "Tree Guard" of beard, with new cute animations.

Wickerbottom: She now has 25 different books and does not need paper only requires one twig but when she reads it she fricking dies and gets banned from server forever.

Maxwell: Summons Charlie and everything on the constant dies including him.

7 minutes ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

I know you're memeing but this is genuinely what it feels like is happening.

Yes, obviously it is a deliberately provocative topic. Only that Klei has been reworking the characters in a strange way for a while ... Winona needed only to be able to repair weapons and armors, Willow is not yet a character that bases her gameplay on fire, now Woodie has been distorted and turned into something of "Meh" ... I do not understand where they want to go to go, but by now I have understood that all the characters will come rendered (uselessly) complicated.

23 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Wendy: she will be able to summon five different Abigail, one that moves faster, one that emits light, one that gives fire to things, one that remotely strikes with lasers and one that transmutes trees into golds.
Each Abigail requires a different animal to sacrifice, and when Wendy is summoned it loses 100 health points and can no longer recover them until Abigail is death.

Please no, no no no, this idea is awful. I just want ONE abigail, not a bajillion different variants. We don't need Maxwell 2.0 but with abigail instead of shadow puppets.

Wendy really doesn't need things like this, just a simple tweak to make abigail smarter would be nice.

6 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Yes, obviously it is a deliberately provocative topic. Only that Klei has been reworking the characters in a strange way for a while ... Winona needed only to be able to repair weapons and armors, Willow is not yet a character that bases her gameplay on fire, now Woodie has been distorted and turned into something of "Meh" ... I do not understand where they want to go to go, but by now I have understood that all the characters will come rendered (uselessly) complicated.

I mean yes some characters reworked out of necessity but adding new things  to them was the main idea. It brought new play styles to discover and learn how to utilise for old players and new players. I can agree with Woodie’s rework it could have been done better. One wereform that is powerful is better than three 10 seconds lasting wereforms. However the other reworks so far was good and really add something fresh to the game. Also the RoT update is not nearly finished and I am assuming we will say oh that laser shooting abigail really was needed. Of course I do NOT want laser shooting ghost but you get the idea.

9 minutes ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

I mean yes some characters reworked out of necessity but adding new things  to them was the main idea. It brought new play styles to discover and learn how to utilise for old players and new players. I can agree with Woodie’s rework it could have been done better. One wereform that is powerful is better than three 10 seconds lasting wereforms. However the other reworks so far was good and really add something fresh to the game. Also the RoT update is not nearly finished and I am assuming we will say oh that laser shooting abigail really was needed. Of course I do NOT want laser shooting ghost but you get the idea.

Surely Willow and Winona are better now. But, two notes:
1) also in both cases the community had to protest for settled they. Winona had a hunger penalty that made her unplayable, while Willow was simply outrageous that she still didn't have fire immunity.
2) Both characters could have offered more: Winona has basically only one really useful object, the catapults, which are turrets that broke the game. Willow has Bernie who is very interesting, but basically makes her a sort of Wendy 2.0. And above all, still, Willow does not base her gameplay on fire.
In short, surely the characters have improved so far... but I think we are far from excellence.

45 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Wolfgang: it can be transformed into ten different mighty Wolfgang, depending on what you eat. Each Wolfgang has a different power related to the whiskers.
Obviously, to rebalance the thing, every form of Wolfgang lasts 10 seconds and, once finished, Wolfgang needs a cardiac massage in order not to have a heart attack.
WX-78: it can be updated in twenty-five different shapes, and each one need only one of dry grass and one flint. However, when it rains, WX will suffer 1500% more damage every second.
Wilson: Now he can craft 150 new types of razor. No new power tied to science or its period seated on the throne. On the other hand, if you let your beard grow for 1056 days, it will become a "Tree Guard" of beard, with new cute animations.

Eulogist of Doom

seriously, they are focusing to add more and more items related to character for some reason

warly : got 2 new cooking station, four spices

willow : got burnie reworked to it's own ( DS didnt even had them on first place )

winona : generators,catapult,spotlight

woodie : three idols for transformation

46 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Yeah... i feel like they made him too complicated, i hope Wendy rework won't end up the same way. The new forms feel more like some cool factor than anything else. Like, you can turn to moose! geese! and beaver! and also die very quickly.

1 hour ago, Pop Guy said:

...you know...
When I think about what I'd want for the inevitable Wendy update, all that comes to mind is some QoL changes, like better AI and maybe a couple basic commands.

I have trouble thinking of some way that a minor, forgotten part of her could be used to completely distort her into something new out of left field that noone was expecting or asked for.
That idea is somewhat frightening, given that that seems to be the one common pattern between the reworks so far, and that I actually like Wendy's playstyle at present.

10 minutes ago, maradyne said:

...you know...
When I think about what I'd want for the inevitable Wendy update, all that comes to mind is some QoL changes, like better AI and maybe a couple basic commands.

I have trouble thinking of some way that a minor, forgotten part of her could be used to completely distort her into something new out of left field that noone was expecting or asked for.
That idea is somewhat frightening, given that that seems to be the one common pattern between the reworks so far, and that I actually like Wendy's playstyle at present.

I'm a bit afraid too...

I'm primarilly a Wendy main, sure I've played other characters, but Wendy is who I've stuck with from the start and was my first 100% completion in terms of the skins. I'd hate to have to quit playing Wendy due to her rework making her unplayable.

6 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

You guys are seriously overreacting.

Are we though? Obviously no one believes that every new character is going to have a hundred different forms, but the trend we've seen with all of these reworks (not just Woodie) tells me that Klei doesn't think small tweaks and quality improvements is good enough anymore. They seem determined that every character update should completely change how the character plays, which is a problem when a lot of people still like how these characters play and just want the details tweaked.

webber: can now craft a warrior spider nest (a nest which only contains warriors). webber can also give spiders hats, and he can craft a silk saddle. webber starts with his shamlet mask, and can also craft it. can be used by all characters.

Maxwell: can now craft 5 new types of shadows: a torch-holder, an acher, a picker, a backpacker and a walker.

the torch-holder can hold torches, the acher will shoot all aggressive mobs, the picker will pick everything on the ground and place it in chests or backpackers, the backpacker will store stuff and the walker will boost Maxwells speed with 5%.

Maxwell can now read the codex umbra to damage all non-shadow mobs on the screen. costs 50 hunger.

Maxwell now have 125 health.

wigfrid: can now craft 10 new spears, and 5 new helmets. wigfrid cant use farms anymore. wigfrid can throw spears now, and will enter fighting mode when attacking critters and monsters. in fighting mode, wigfrid will become 50% bigger, deal 10% more damage, gain 2 sanity / min, take 20% less damage and will be able to throw spears for a longer distance.

1 minute ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

Are we though? Obviously no one believes that every new character is going to have a hundred different forms, but the trend we've seen with all of these reworks (not just Woodie) tells me that Klei doesn't think small tweaks and quality improvements is good enough anymore. They seem determined that every character update should completely change how the character plays, which is a problem when a lot of people still like how these characters play and just want the details tweaked.

How does Willow and Winona’s rework change how they’re played at all? As far as I’m concerned, they just got new stuff to play with, you can play them exactly as you did before. Woodie’s rework is the only one who’s changed the play style this much. 

Archived