Some Ideas for the Ocean (Maelstrom, Giant Turtle Island and more)

I'm really excited for this update. I have a feeling that Klei won't recycle Shipwrecked assets (which is understandable, but also sad), so I assume there's a need for some new ideas to fill out the Oceans. So here's some I wanted to throw out there. 

- Sea Fog: A large region in the Ocean where a thick fog lays that obscures visibility. Maps cannot be updated within that region, meaning that sailors can get lost in it for days if they didn't bring a compass. Also, a terrible creature could live in it.

- Maelstrom: So it's like a giant whirlpool in the ocean that your boat could get trapped in and would slowly get pulled into. It would require team co-ordination to get out off (think the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie). 

- Giant Turtle Island: It be cool if there was a medium size island with all the perfect resources, with the twist that it's actually the back of a giant turtle, which will every now and then rises up and start moving. A moving island essentially. Maybe it eats Bull Kelp, which means it can be planted strategically so that you can control where the island will go next. 

- Haunted ghost boats: A skeletons crew with their own haunted boat that chase you down. They'll try to ram your boat and swing on-board, fighting your crew. If you defeat them, you can keep their boat.

- Glaciers: During the Winter, a new biome forms. A giant glacier. Like the desert during the Summer, this biome has Snowstorms. It also has areas with thin ice, where if you walk on it with too many items in your inventory, the ice will crack and you'll fall in.

- Swimming Pengulls: In winter they nest on land. But during other seasons, they can be found swimming in the oceans.

- Swimming Goosemoose: Goosemoose can be found in Summer swimming in the ocean, with her Moslings following behind her.

That's all I could think of for now :) 

These are actually really cool ideas!! And I actually really like the idea of a living and moving island that players will attempt to track and know where it's going or it will literally drown you. Maybe the turtle only changes during seasons so its possible to build a summer base or something on it. These are really creative ideas! I also appreciate the ghost ship ides of boarding your ship, since it goes really well with the idea of the multiplayer boat it being a body while the players are it bones and muscle controlling it. Though since the multiplayer ships really dont have much mobility or control it will probably be in the scenario of most creatures that are on sea, there limbs or horde of that creature climb on the ship and you'll have to take it off since not really much you can do yet. 

I'd like oasis-sized island strewn about here and there throughout the ocean. They can work as a base location if you want a challenge, or are looking to have some privacy in a pub. (They can also help with boat bases since not *everything* fits on a boat)

There is a turtle island in World of Warcraft! It's called "The Wandering Isle". That's just mi first thought :D

But i really liked it there, so i think this is a great idea to bring something like this, to Don't Starve. Many possibilities! And... it could just look cool! Wandering_Isle_turtle.jpg

Honestly turtle island sounds like a great idea. Have rare but useful resources on it, but it moves and goes under!

I think it would be cool if there wasn't a sure method of finding it the first time. Then you'd have to drop a moon rock with a socketed gem to find it more consistently.

3 hours ago, X-lem said:

Honestly turtle island sounds like a great idea. Have rare but useful resources on it, but it moves and goes under!

I think it would be cool if there wasn't a sure method of finding it the first time. Then you'd have to drop a moon rock with a socketed gem to find it more consistently.

Maybe something like the quacken drill would awaken it ( it would awaken on it's own after like 40 days ) perhaps a drop from the malbatross.

cool ideas but i think coding will be hard but maybe they already planing it we dont know and

i would love to see spyglass and whale hunt in the game also more boat mechanichs or interact would awesome 

edit  : Treasure hunt as all i want !!

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Klei mentioned Turn Of Tides being less-content heavy and more basic-coding heavy, since now their headline is like about 1.5 months and ToT took like 2-3 Months.

i know but i think they didnt show all boat mechanichs thats what i mean prob we will see more and yes i want to see them :D

Archived