I was just wondering if there's any info at all about a Hamlet release for consoles?

I play PS4 and remember both RoG & SW taking about a year after the PC release to come out.

I've Googled it plenty of times and tried to find any info about a Hamlet release and have mostly come up short.  I assume it'll be released for consoles, as the others were.  I'm obviously not positive though.

Does anybody actually know, or have any info on Hamlet for PS4/XBone?

as you have said, HAM could possibly be released after a year when it got released on PC,

however it seems there is no announcement at all of any sort

we have been waiting for any form of updates that can be considered major

but as of a few months, we only had about 3 bug fixes at best and thankfully an Official Chinese version of HAM just this month.

Klei hasn't announced any form of roadmap or even any sort of news about HAM after it got released.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

as you have said, HAM could possibly be released after a year when it got released on PC,

however it seems there is no announcement at all of any sort

but as of a few months, we only had about 3 bug fixes at best and thankfully an Official Chinese version of HAM just this month.

Klei hasn't announced any form of roadmap or even any sort of news about HAM after it got released.

Summing up: Klei does not care.

after all it did take 4 years to make gold boulder map icons but it happened compared to other companies which abandon games after 3 months if they don't bring in money any more.

2 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I wish I had hope like you.

the reason they aren't able to give us content in Single Player is obvious, Multiplayer is more played now and you can't help that.

its simple really, if I had like an apple pie and pumpkin pie and people liked pumpkin pie more then apple pie I would make more pumpkin pie then apple pie obviously.

On 16.08.2019 at 3:20 PM, MWY said:

its simple really, if I had like an apple pie and pumpkin pie and people liked pumpkin pie more then apple pie I would make more pumpkin pie then apple pie obviously.

But I still can not help myself but feel betrayed.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:20 AM, MWY said:

the reason they aren't able to give us content in Single Player is obvious, Multiplayer is more played now and you can't help that.

Maybe more people are playing MP because Klei gives it more attention.

3 hours ago, Josonic said:

Maybe more people are playing MP because Klei gives it more attention.

nope, right now MP game are currently the big thing, every single AAA is even turning most of their SP games to MP.

so as a Company Klei will have to cash in that place,

and the thing with giving DST more attention has been around since 2013 when its early access was released.

On 16/08/2019 at 11:39 AM, MWY said:

As it stands, DS Single Player's dev support is just bare minimum. (aka critical fixes and what not)

The QoL update only came out because Hamlet was coming out. We've had no major updates to the single player game since Shipwrecked.

They've even officially said that they have no intentions of adding any more content to Hamlet after it released. And I honestly doubt they will just release an update at random to add content to the base game.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Roosev said:

As it stands, DS Single Player's dev support is just bare minimum. (aka critical fixes and what not)

The QoL update only came out because Hamlet was coming out. We've had no major updates to the single player game since Shipwrecked.

They've even officially said that they have no intentions of adding any more content to Hamlet after it released. And I honestly doubt they will just release an update at random to add content to the base game.

in the end we can't do anything about it, eventually all good things fall to corporate greed.

I hope your hearing this @JoeW , @Jason give us players some reasonable attention plz

Spoiler

also @pe5e @Sunset Skye you guys don't need to care about this since you hardly play HAM more then DST.

at least I don't personally go out of my way to wrong you guys on anything you say

6 hours ago, MWY said:
  Hide contents

also @pe5e @Sunset Skye you guys don't need to care about this since you hardly play HAM more then DST.

react_confused.png
This is a very silly assumption to make, that I prefer DST over DS because I reacted confused to your reply where you pinged two devs and called Klei greedy? I've played a merged RoG + SW + Hamlet world for 879 days over the past 5 months, compared to my DST solo world that's got a similar day count over almost two years, as I started it way back in Hallowed Nights 2017 and I only play for a season or two at a time when new content is added or events are active. On the other hand, my DS world started a bit slow as I was cautious of new content before the Teleportato was added, and has since picked up speed as I try out new characters, food, tools, weapons, and strats in general.

My reasoning for being fine with the state of DS is that the game feels complete. You've got three worlds to explore, with two of them having sublevels, and they're all full of so many unique creatures and items to experiment with. Have you ever tried living off of food like snake bone soup, hard shell tacos, lobster dinners, or even nettles? What about getting deep into deep ocean activities, like trawling or whaling? Have you tired playing Walani, and figuring out some niche uses for her surfboard? How about playing Wheeler in a late-game setting, and finding out how exploitable the pewmatic is in the volcano? What about playing Warly, and taking advantage of how easy it is to clip out of the map with the portable crock pot? Have you ever tried collecting the special teleportato items like "ashes of eye bone" or "ashes of fishbone"? Have you ever tried removing all of the resources on a small island (like the roc's nest or a SW island), then replacing them with turf, plants, creatures, and structures that look nice together? Have you ever obtained a Bile-Covered Slop? Have you tried collecting every bird from every world? What about collecting every single pirate parrot name, by mass-crafting city building recipes while standing near a piratihatitator surrounded by bird traps, and then drawing them all on mini signs so you have a full collection of named pirate parrot mini signs? Yes, that last one is possible! The Piratihatitator has a chance to spawn pirate parrots and dubloons with every new recipe learned, and crafting items with the key to the city while standing next to one actually triggers that!

DS isn't a game that needs constant updates and new content, it's an amazing sandbox with mountains of multicolored sand, and people don't give it enough credit, they just always want something new and shiny to look at. I hate this culture that's developed around indie games, where they have to be cheap and provide thousands of hours of gameplay and get constant updates. DS checks 2/3 of those boxes, and that's enough for people to complain. That's just not fair. If you've bought the game and every DLC, you'll have only paid $26.96 for this wonderful sandbox. And that's assuming you didn't get Hamlet for free, which it's very very likely you did if you were interested in the game at all when the beta was announced.

6 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

So we should be happy Don't Starve is abandoned and Hamlet is unfinished?

Don't Starve isn't "abandoned", it's a game in a good state with tons of content to experience. Personally I'd say Hamlet is finished, and I wish people wouldn't get so hung up on that one time Klei said there'd be "new season content". Game development is a complicated process, and a lot of ideas come up that are then never added (just look at this). I just wish Klei hadn't mentioned something that wasn't set in stone, because it obviously disappointed people when it never came.

The idea that Don't Starve is "abandoned" comes from that indie game culture I mentioned. An indie game isn't allowed to be finished, it has to receive constant free updates, or else people will complain that the game is dead and they've run out of things to do, despite likely having never experienced the majority of the game's content. Seriously, I've noticed that a lot of people who complain about DS being "abandoned" also refuse to use the Teleportato or Skyworthy. There's so much potential in this game! Why are people limiting themselves and then complaining there's no new content catering to their experience?

31 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Seriously, I've noticed that a lot of people who complain about DS being "abandoned" also refuse to use the Teleportato or Skyworthy. There's so much potential in this game! Why are people limiting themselves and then complaining there's no new content catering to their experience?

so what your saying is, we are not allowed to ask Klei to add new stuff in the game?

or even ask them to give us some, news at least?

are we that bad?

or its just that, you don't like anyone else demanding anything except for yourselves

37 minutes ago, MWY said:

so what your saying is, we are not allowed to ask Klei to add new stuff in the game?

or even ask them to give us some, news at least?

are we that bad?

or its just that, you don't like anyone else demanding anything except for yourselves

You called them greedy though, sure suggestions and asking for more content are always fun but when you call out Klei like that, there's a big difference between those. actually, there's no correlation with those 2. 

Also i'm not sure where you got that "you're not allowed to ask for more content" thing from. Skye is only stating that the season talk has been done to DEATH and we're still hanging around that statement about the seasons since it came out and sure we never got it but it still doesn't help to ping the devs for it, actually i might say they get a little annoyed over it. 

And at this point, Klei should never have stated what content we would've gotten, otherwise we might sit here until we're a bunch of skeletons debating about it still.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Don't Starve isn't "abandoned", it's a game in a good state with tons of content to experience. 

Is the season glitch fixed when entering/exiting caves/sw?

Honestly I've barely played SP since SW was released because it broke the game. Sure SP has way more content, but DST has barely any bugs.

9 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

You called them greedy though, sure suggestions and asking for more content are always fun but when you call out Klei like that, there's a big difference between those. actually, those no correlation with those 2. 

Also i'm not sure where you got that "you're not allowed to ask for more content" thing from. Skye is only stating that the season talk has been done to DEATH and we're still hanging around that statement about the seasons since it came out and sure we never got it but it still doesn't help to ping the devs for it, actually i might say they get a little annoyed over it. 

And at this point, Klei should never have stated what content we would've gotten, otherwise we might sit here until we're a bunch of skeletons debating about it still.

may I ask that who are you guys to decide in what manner we should be asking Klei about anything on these Forums which are open to everyone?

remember this, we have the right to ask them for stuff as much as you guys have, nobody here gets to decide that unless they want to own everyone like @Sunset Skye wants to. (if you don't get this joke, I am not apologizing)

if you have a problem with that then go ahead, keep disagreeing with us, its not like we are pulling your pants off for asking Klei if they could give us new content in HAM and pay attention to DS a little bit more.

Spoiler

also @HobNob and @pe5e if you guys react the same way to this post as Skye does, you prove my claim that you guys operate like a herd.

Archived