Max temp for exosuits

Hi guys !

Quite simple questions. Is there max temps for dups when they are wearing exosuits before getting burned or frozen ?

Can they get too hot (like without suit, but at much higher t°) or too cold (but at much lower t°) ?

I think yes, but any idea at which temp ? 

Is cold vest/warm vest still influence min/max when dups are in exosuits ?

The too hot brings physical injuries, and the too cold brings hypotermia, am I correct ? Any more or less damage I'm missing ?

Thanks a lot every helper !

May the ONI force be with you.

Too hot is noted on the suit, it's something like 800C or so. However the suit may melt well below that, if that hasn't been fixed yet. A dupe submerged in 400C oil for a while may lose the suit and start scalding. The suit will melt before the dupe gets heat stroke.

I haven't seen a dupe in a suit ever lose temperature. Maybe if you submerged one in hydrogen-freezing super coolant it might start cooling them, but anything warmer than -100C is completely safe here.

Vest and sweater change dupe's "skin thickness": vest to 0.25, sweater to 1, base is 0.5. Suit changes that to something like 200, so you should not notice effects from vest or sweater even if you look very closely.

Anecdotally, I've had dupes sweeping debris in a hydrogen rocket exhaust plume while in exo-suits, and come out none the worse for wear.   Individually they didn't hang out there all that long, however.  

Even though they made from refined metals, their primary element still dirt. And have melting point same as dirt. :(

1 hour ago, 7 and 4 said:

Does Divers's Lung apply and let you stay in the suit twice as long?

Yes, but normal dupe only needs 60kg oxygen per cycle while atmo tank has capacity 75kg.

Good luck trying to freeze a dupe in an exosuit. It's hard enough without it.

I've seen dupes do pretty well in environments up to 1000C, though they will eventually take damage. Exosuits are even good enough to take a quick bath in lava, but it's not recommended.

1 hour ago, bobucles said:

I've seen dupes do pretty well in environments up to 1000C, though they will eventually take damage. Exosuits are even good enough to take a quick bath in lava, but it's not recommended.

Sounds like we need a waterfall shower, something to definitely clean not only the dupe, but the suit too. 

lavashower.png.bcf63bfc7c6d28e1602f3e0df69117f2.png

I just test it. They didn't melt anymore when being used. But on floor, it melts like dirt.

I record most part of the test, but after some consideration about "dupe exposed violence" I decided not to paste here. I use triage cot in vacuum on top to recover health, then back to "swimming". Long test, where atmo suit should be melt if they can melt when being used. I decide to "end the test" when swimming time is 3x melt time of atmo suit on floor.

After death observation, atmo suit temperature same as before use.

image.png.a6cc9387e4a764749ba84ea02bd9f994.png

1 hour ago, mathmanican said:

Sounds like we need a waterfall shower

They scalding pretty soon, need to recover health without changing atmo suit temperature.

Edit: I just realized that I open the wrong tab when doing that screenshot. It should be properties tab :hopelessness:

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

Is oxygen consume inside atmosuits affected by Diver's Lung trait?

Duplicants have their normal oxygen consumption inside any suit.

=> Diver´s lung enables duplicants to use the suit 33% longer.

Deep diver´s lungs alone would increase the time by 100%. Having both traits would result in a 300% increase.]

But with the 75kg tank it doesn´t really matter besides if we talk about the mouthbreather trait.

=> Duplicant´s with the moutbreather trait might run out of oxygen over the course of the cycle.

[They can only breath for 375s or an equivalent of 15 time slots.]

PS: I like to use jet suits since they are made out of steel (and have the properties of steel^^)

4 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

PS: I like to use jet suits since they are made out of steel (and have the properties of steel^^)

You mean... you like the good thermal conductivity... ? But, while using jetpack, there is... they have... fire on their back ?

DAMMIT you like to cook your dups inside their suits ! Shame on you, savage !

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

They don't seem to mind -255C liquid hydrogen in atmosuits, so the bottom end seems fine.

It may be worth testing with overpressurized supercoolant, just to see where the failure point is.

Archived