Item That Allows Switching Skins for Existing Items

With the large amount of skins that are existing and are being brought into the game, it can be annoying when you want to customize a pre-existing item but cannot make a new one at the moment, like a walking cane in Summer. If there were some sort of item or structure that would allow you to change the skins of already made and/or placed objects, I feel like that would be a massive QOL change to the way skins work. In addition, it would open the possibility of having skins for items that are uncraftable, like the Tam O' Shanter. 

This doesn't have to be a high priority since y'all are making so much cool content (which we all love), but whenever you have the chance, the community would love to have this. Thanks!

So much yes! I hate it when we need chests but the person with the cool chest skin is not at base right now. Sure, we could make them, then later hammer and rebuild them, but that's kind of costly and really annoying.

With skins having become so central to DST, this ability seems like a much needed feature.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, BeliarBAD said:

Tbh that mod can be annoying at times. Like, if you wanted to change a chest skin all of the chest/ice box items fall out.

Oh, and birds get teleported to the shadow realm when it's used on on bird cages. (which isn't really fun to deal with as a Wormwood/Warly main)

From my "Random ideas" post

2) Skin changer

This one is simple, too. You can press on the skin image in the crafting menu and then "apply" it to already existing items/structures. It can be really useful if you used wrong skin for a structure (or to change Willow's lighter and Bernie without crafting them again)

Archived