Launch especulations

Hi ppl what do you guys think therell be any surprises on launch?

Here are what i think could appear/i would like to appear in the launch.

Feel free to post yours and talk about the ones i listed best of hype for everyone :).

"Some of them i know its not ppssible like the gas pump one because of testing being necessary but still a desire."

Nuclear power, elements could be making an appearance but less probable i guess.

Propane, sulfur and other fun materials may come back and have uses?

Rust biome will get its own critter? " also i really think that smooth hatches fits this biome too could be a nice duet with another metal critter there"

Gas pumps and filters in general will have their power costs cut in half?

Even more asteroid maps like rust world, biomes like in the nubrion map mod.

An option to use old worts instead of new ones? " i would mod it but i simply dk where is the file, the correct number to the cooling effect or how to change the file at all". " not a necessity just a preference i have ".

4 minutes ago, CannedSmeef said:

That's all I want this christmas

There must be something seriously wrong with you. Players are supposed to demand unreasonably big changes and the timeframe should be "this week". I think you are badly infected with the horrible disease known as sanity :?

19 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I think there might be an animated short at launch. I`d like to know more about the planet with the forcefield. It should be a destination on the starmap and have some more lore attached.

There is lore attached. :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

The planet is the rest of the asteroid. More specifically, the gravitas facility is the asteroid that we're colonizing, and it's been yeeted out of the planet due to meddling with spacetime in hopes of creating an infinite power source. Which then caused Neutronium to encompass the facility, leading to a meltdown which eventually destroyed the world took a decent chunk out of it as well.

Now as to why it has a force field around it? I dunno.

idk.png.ad4fa951a08564ab864964c11eb0395c.png

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Now as to why it has a force field around it? I dunno.

I meant to disregard your lore due to the lack of citations but then you actually had to sound like a reliable scientist.

On a side note, what I want for the launch, for since it is what I am the most upset about, is that removing the very Neutronium border now results in a game error and further more having no Neutronium on a specific tile apparently causes problems with suits. Previously, and which they actually fixed, I had problems with Pacu not laying eggs due to the bottom left (or right) tile having been not Neutronium. (I'm sorry and thank you for taking your time, Klei)

Of my 4 humble mods, 3 don't work and it's not all my fault! (only mostly, meaning, it's my fault except in this case. One just needs actual programming and the other a promised update to support new POI). 

Just now, SakuraKoi said:

I meant to disregard your lore due to the lack of citations but then you actually had to sound like a reliable scientist.

Okay I'll post the logs. 

Spoiler

public class OUTSIDESTARTINGBIOME
		{
			public static LocString TITLE = "Geographical Survey";

public static LocString BODY = "As the Duplicants scout further out I've begun to piece together a better view of our surroundings.\n\nThanks to their efforts, I've determined that this planet has enough resources to settle a longterm colony.\n\nBut... something is off. I've also detected deposits of Abyssalite and Neutronium in this planet's composition, manmade elements that shouldn't occur in nature.\n\nIs this really the target location?\n\n";
		}

public class STRANGERELICS
		{
			public static LocString TITLE = "Strange Relics";

public static LocString BODY = "My Duplicant discovered an intact computer during their latest scouting mission. This should not be possible.\n\nThe target location was not meant to possess any intelligent life besides our own, and what's more, the equipment we discovered appears to originate from the Gravitas Facility.\n\nThis discovery has raised many questions, though it's also provided a small clue; the machine discovered was embedded inside the rock of this planet, just like how I found my Pod.\n\n";
		}

public class SURFACEBREACH
		{
			public static LocString TITLE = "Surface Breach";

public static LocString BODY = "My Duplicants have done the impossible and excavated their way to the surface, though they've gathered some disturbing new data for me in the process.\n\nAs I had begun to suspect, we are not on the target location but on an asteroid with a highly unusual diversity of elements and resources.\n\nFurther, my Duplicants have spotted a damaged planet on the horizon visible with the naked eye that bares a striking resemblance to my historical data on the planet of our origin.\n\nI will need some time to assess the data the Duplicants have gathered for me and calculate the total mass of this asteroid, although I have a suspicion I already know the answer.\n\n";
		}

public class CALCULATIONCOMPLETE
		{
			public static LocString TITLE = "Calculations Complete";

public static LocString BODY = "As I suspected. Our \"asteroid\" and the estimated mass missing from the nearby planet are nearly identical.\n\nWe aren't on the target location.\n\nWe never even left home.\n\n";
		}

public class TEMPORALTEAR
		{
			public static LocString TITLE = "The Temporal Tear";

public static LocString BODY = "My Duplicants' space research has made a startling discovery.\n\nFar, far off on the horizon their telescopes have spotted an anomaly that I could only possibly call a \"Temporal Tear\". Neutronium is detected in its readings, suggesting that it's related to the Neutronium that encases most of our asteroid.\n\nThough I believe it is through this Tear that we became jumbled within the section of our old planet, its discovery provides a glimmer of hope.\n\nTheoretically, we could send a rocket through the Tear to allow a Duplicant to explore the timelines and universes on the other side. They would never return, and we could not follow, but perhaps they could find a home among the stars, or even undo the terrible past that led us to our current fate.\n\n";
		}

See, I'm not completely talking out of my butt! :wilson_ecstatic:

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

There is lore attached. :wilson_sneaky:

Yes but it doesn`t mention the forcefield. It`s driving me crazy. Someone must have survived the disaster. There`s still so much lore potential there.

2 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Yes but it doesn`t mention the forcefield. It`s driving me crazy. Someone must have survived the disaster. There`s still so much lore potential there.

"Our homeworld in this universe is gone, replaced by the skeleton of a planet and a wound in the sky... But I hold out hope that other worlds exist out there, tucked away in other dimensions."

Yeah no I think they dead. :wilson_curious:

2 hours ago, CannedSmeef said:

True airlock doors (block gas/liquid passively when powered and on auto)

That's all I want this christmas

I know its not that exactly but late game you can use a mini transit tube network over a wall for a perfect airlock with high power consumption :)

What I hope for I already described in the "release patch notes" thread, but I will add one more thing:

@Nightinggale Have faith. I hope that Klei, having noticed that they cannot possibly launch in june dropped only some of the content on us. Possibly making sure to give us the updates that did not pass testing internally. Keeping us engaged, interested, handing us SOME of the new content but keeping the rest hidden. Using us and our playtesting to adjust and smooth out things for the release. I hope there is more. I hope that the person running this show at Klei is a devious, scheming, savvy mastermind that I would regard with respect due such a creature.

I hope.

Either way x-mas comes in july this year, even if what I get is a more stable, hotfixed final print I've been playing for a month now.

1 minute ago, MorsDux said:

I know its not that exactly but late game you can use a mini transit tube network over a wall for a perfect airlock with high power consumption :)

I know you can do that, but this is my big beef with the lack of legitimate airlock options that don't require some exploit or a huge energy/space/time foot print.  I'm a broken record but they're essential to ONI as a game mechanic, yet here we are forced to cheese the game to get it.

I expect a new animated short, nothing else.

From past experiences, most new features have been bugged and required feedback here to get fixed. Putting any new features into the launch version now would be a pretty bad idea.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I expect a new animated short, nothing else.

From past experiences, most new features have been bugged and required feedback here to get fixed. Putting any new features into the launch version now would be a pretty bad idea.

I guess not new players will be dying for like 6 days or so, plenty time for a quick patch ahahahha. i Still remember my death due to destroying my plants with electrolyzer heat oO

I'd definitely like some rebalancing of power consumers. 120W is a weird baseline for things like doors and gas filters.

I'd also really like rebalancing of CO2 sources, pumps, and skimmers on gas throughput. The old stuff is balanced around basically having next to no CO2 due to gas conversion bugs and low-output sources, while the new wood stuff is bonkers by comparison. Also, a buff to pumps is a buff to actual airlocks, which would be nice.

For critters, I'm just hoping they make ranching less painful, but I don't think we'll see anything about it on launch, and so will have to wait for next patch for sane puft and pokeshell ranching. The former is an issue of moving them around and getting the gasses, while latter is an issue of them hurting any dupe nearby even as the autosweeper removes the egg, plus how counterintuitively it's probably best to never groom them because then you can get the same lime output without constant issues with their hunger for polluted dirt and frequent aggro.

It would also be pretty nice if disease got a bump in severity, ice fans actually deleted heat, and abyssalite got replaced by something useful on map gen, but my hopes are pretty low...and I'm worried if they don't kill abyssalite now, it'll plague us for another year.

Archived