[Game Update] - 348980

34 minutes ago, TheIceD said:

They have staging build for 7 hours (means they worked till like 3-4AM trying to fix it ;]) and, hopefully, we should expect it to go live in few hours ;)

Well, hopefully. I am now trying to irrigate BB number 5 and building the pipe is an immediate crash. 

I was just playing a game on Volcanea and doing my best to fend off the encroaching heat. It was looking doubtful that I'd be able to react in time and I was loving every second of it. Then I hooked up my sieve for the first time and BAM! Black hole!

Kudos to the devs for making such a fun game, and I hope very much that "crunch time" is balanced for them. 

Hey everybody. Please keep posts polite, on topic and without personal attacks. 

This includes /s replies and passive aggressive comments about how other people play the game. Thanks. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

• Developer

Hey all, we're still working through this crash. Basically all the crashes come from a single problem in the pipe optimizations, so once it's fixed the game will be back on its feet. 

We're still working on the solution and expect it to be ready for today's patch, but if not we'll revert the optimizations until next week so you can play over the weekend. Thanks for bearing with us and for taking the time to play on the testing branch. :D 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 20

12 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hey all, we're still working through this crash. Basically all the crashes come from a single problem in the pipe optimizations, so once it's fixed the game will be back on its feet. 

We're still working on the solution and expect it to be ready for today's patch, but if not we'll revert the optimizations until next week so you can play over the weekend. Thanks for bearing with us and for taking the time to play on the testing branch. :D 

Show us the code! We can help! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I can't express enough how much I appreciate you guys as a game dev team. I understand that you guys are going through a lot right now, with release this close. You have had to deal with a lot of pretty harsh criticism the past few days, but I hope you understand that it comes from a place of love. Everyone in this forum clearly loves the work you have done, and we all just want your game and company to succeed. I'm looking forward to the success of ONI, and whatever future projects your team takes on!

• Like 9

Not sure if it helps but Ive been testing what crashes it, seems to boil down to anything that can transfer heat and once you connect all the pipes together the "Optimization" code? crashes it. for some reason, connected the pipes to a single line which leads to a bridge fixes the directional bug though.

20190705105402_1.jpg

I'm getting a hard freeze where the game just doesn't respond at all and then Windows asks if I want to kill it. I may very well be because of connection pipes together as what was mentioned above, so this may not be a new bug perse.

3 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

I wonder if the changes they are making to pipes will make the "mechanical filter" fail? Should be fun to see what kind of threads spawn from such a change. :) 

Don't worry about it. There will be new version of mechanical filter after new bridge rules set down without crash. I bet few hours after update. Maybe even few minutes after.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

I wonder if the changes they are making to pipes will make the "mechanical filter" fail? Should be fun to see what kind of threads spawn from such a change. :) 

I suspect they are attempting to fix all of the trivial looping you can set up in the game. Cooling loops, mechanical filters, and sieve loops could all be at risk. I notice the devs never made infinite loops in their dev talk videos. If my theory is correct, I’m gonna need a hell of a lot more power to run my bases! But, I’m hoping the result will leave an entry level player with realistic expectations around pipes.

• Like 2

YAY! I'm hopping up and down here, counting the seconds until the next upgrade. The preview stuff made me fricking giddy and crazy hyped for ONI again, so being unable to play because of this annoying bug is NOT good for my sanity.. or what's left of it anyway.

So GIMME GIMME GIMME! that uuupdate..

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, hegemontree said:

Is there a way to roll back preview updates client side?

Unfortunetely no .. but he did say if they cant get it fixed by todays patch they will roll back the change that is causing the break so we can play over the weekend..

In the meantime you can play .. pretty stable as well as long as you dont build any pipes.  Theres tons I can do before I actually "need" pipes so this is working for me for now.  

Edited by nabbs1

19 minutes ago, hegemontree said:

Is there a way to roll back preview updates client side?

I think there is a way, but its pretty complicated, youll have to look up how to roll back a version using steam. 

If your just wanting to play the game for now, you can opt out of the beta and it will roll you back to QOL 3 for now. 

8 minutes ago, nabbs1 said:

same at this point Im running out of water and need dem pipes!  =)

im in the same boat, I just noticed the update screwed up all my aqua tuner loops, they don't act the same as before so while trying to fix it the game crashes

1 hour ago, BabiesWitRabies said:

im in the same boat, I just noticed the update screwed up all my aqua tuner loops, they don't act the same as before so while trying to fix it the game crashes

I'm on cycle 53 and my dupes are still using outhouses! I'm worried they are going to stage a (smelly) coup

• Haha 2