Origins of the moon creatures?

My question is did the new mutated creatures originate from plant or animal?

I started questioning this with the shattered spider. Was it originally a normal spider that was mutated and became less organic? Or maybe it’s just born encased in moon rock. That wouldn’t explain the messed up eyes though.

I think the creatures there were normal, but they've been mutated. Then, when they settled on the island, they passed their mutations on and now are a completely different species.

They were normal spiders, but the moonlight mutated them, and now the nest only produces messed up spiders. That's just my take on it, though.

If you pay attention, everything that comes from the moon (what we haven't seen before) looks totally fine.

Wormwood, Saladmanders, Carrats.

Only things we've seen before (spiders, hounds, Pengulls) look horrific there.
Also the name mutated kind of just gives it away. They mutate in contact with the Moon island, or being around it for a bit.

Also, if you pay closer attention, the Shattered Spider den is actually a petrified Spider Queen. It's legs still twitch and everything.
I assume that the kids are what got mutated and just kind of spread out from there.

Pengulls might just die and sit at the sea floor until winter hits, then their corpse ices over and revives.

Just waiting for mutant Wes now.

9 hours ago, -Variant said:

snip

The plant-based ones are fine. The animal ones aren't.

The lunar magic seems to work well with making non-living things living, but poorly when in contact with already living things.

17 hours ago, -Variant said:

If you pay attention, everything that comes from the moon (what we haven't seen before) looks totally fine.

Wormwood, Saladmanders, Carrats.

Only things we've seen before (spiders, hounds, Pengulls) look horrific there.
Also the name mutated kind of just gives it away. They mutate in contact with the Moon island, or being around it for a bit.

Also, if you pay closer attention, the Shattered Spider den is actually a petrified Spider Queen. It's legs still twitch and everything.
I assume that the kids are what got mutated and just kind of spread out from there.

Pengulls might just die and sit at the sea floor until winter hits, then their corpse ices over and revives.

Just waiting for mutant Wes now.

Carrats are mutated things to. Mutated carrots, i guess. Wormwood is a mutated wine too.  Only salamanders look like to have theire normal form.

1 hour ago, Nino123 said:

Carrats are mutated things to. Mutated carrots, i guess. Wormwood is a mutated wine too.  Only salamanders look like to have theire normal form.

If you go by that logic, the Saladmander would be a mutated Dragonfruit.

Is it possible that there WAS radiation caused by the Moon which applies only during like long-term exposure?

Also from what I have read, Plantae kingdom has usually far more genes meaning that the radiation had far more genes to change/work with instead with the Animalia Kingdom, which possibly couldn't take the stuff...

Nevermind, I thought more about this, What if there was a masive ton of plants and animals and the rest that we don't see now were killed either by the radiation changes and couldn't take it or were killed off by the more primite and stronger Shattered Spiders?

What about Carrats? - Saladmanders could be like this too.

These may come from just one carrot that made it out ''alive'' - as in the carrot not being an ugly piece of molten radioactive jam or torn up by spiders

And through Asexual reproduction ( for what we know, pigmen are possibly hermaphrodites ) reproduced to the scale we have now.

Or they just pooped Carrat seedlings for what I care

I think the Moon radiation has stopped because we would have a lot more variations ( and dead variations too ) of just one Plantcestor, i had to.

I think the moon has life powers, living thing react well, like plant and maybe pigs but dead things come back messed up, like dogs, pengulls and spider queens( that maybe got squashed by a big moon rock.)

I might have a better question. How the heck do the hounds come back to life!?! (Or how are the pengulls there alive) I’m thinking that the moons energy can give out a similar effect to life giving amulets, I’m not sure if it has connections to the gem that gave WormWood sentience, because the vine was already alive before it wrapped around the gem.

Another thing actually! Was the vine (WormWood) influenced by some sort of power to wrap around the gem? What makes me think this is the very fast pace at which the vine wrapped around the gem.

It’s strange to think about.

1 hour ago, FeagleSnorf said:

Another thing actually! Was the vine (WormWood) influenced by some sort of power to wrap around the gem? What makes me think this is the very fast pace at which the vine wrapped around the gem.

It was probably curious, maybe. Possibly.

When I saw it, I just figured it was like the hanging vines in Hamlet.

Shrug

12 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I might have a better question. How the heck do the hounds come back to life!?!

...it occurs to me that the Lunar upgrade to the spawn portal does something similar.
One body dies; a different form takes its place.
A Moon requires a sacrifice, and then gives something as trade...whereas They normally give a trade, followed by a sacrifice (think back to the Ancients' use of the Fuel to better their society shortly before it corrupted everything, or Maxwell/Wilson gaining what they wanted shortly before being dragged into the Constant).

This is further cementing my idea that the Moon is the Light to Their Dark. Rather than one being good and the other being evil, they're just two sides of the same coin.

Archived