[Poll] Who Should the remaining DLC Characters be?

Who would you like as the remaining DLC characters?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. title

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/18/19 at 01:00 PM

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Wormwood says "Still Alive?" when examining skeletons—dead bodies.
Wormwood says "Alive?" when examining statues—except...

He uses "Still Alive?" when examining the Atrium Statues, and "Alive? Hmmm..." when examining the Ancient Statues.

In other words, his examine typically used for skeletons is also being used for the Atrium Statue.
The other quote usage isn't as concrete since he also uses that line for the Hound Figure, but the skeleton one holds true.

Ahhhh I was wondering where you were going. I was trying to think of how his appearance or Origin fit. I love this game (:

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

He uses "Still Alive?" when examining the Atrium Statues, and "Alive? Hmmm..." when examining the Ancient Statues.

In other words, his examine typically used for skeletons is also being used for the Atrium Statue.
The other quote usage isn't as concrete since he also uses that line for the Hound Figure, but the skeleton one holds true.

Ahhhh I was wondering where you were going. I was trying to think of how his appearance or Origin fit. I love this game (:

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Sounds like Aileen's character, Laika: ~snip snip~~

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Hmmmm... The ancient were mant-like forms... I think no humanoid faces 

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Here's my translation of the heiroglyphs. @Aileen-Rose created Laika.

~snip snip snip~~

1 hour ago, Phobiac said:

Personally I think ancients look something like this(I drew them a ton a few weeks ago).

~~snip~~

Something that I should note is that there are actually several different examples of Ancient Physiology

There's the mage statue, which depects what seems to be a bipedal insect-like hominoid

Ancient Statue

There's the head statue, which is only a bust, but shows an entirely different head structure than the made statue

Ancient Statue

There's the atrium statues, which are similar to the mage statues, but cut off where the head should be and is instead replaced with a forelorn face

Ancient Statue

There are the murals which depict them as masked, almost slug-like beings (unless there's a more accurate bug)(See Minespatch's post on previous page)

And then there's the ancient fuelweaver, A vertebrate instead of an invertebrate, an entirely different body structure, and horns that are only depicted on masks. meaning that either Ancient biology was insanely varied, or they were extremely inclusive.

700?cb=20170324214618

Side note, When looking at the ancient murals on the wiki, I noticed that the events that most people claim was the downfall of the ancients, that being when they shed their skin and turning into what are presumably shadows, however, according to the wiki, there's a fifth mural depicting the city in it's prime. This must mean either that A. This mural is the only one that's not in chronological order, B. This mural has no relation to the previous ones, or C. It was the ancient's transformation into... whatever they became that led to there climax. And by the rule of Chekhov's gun, I'm leaning towards the third option. This isn't the thread for that though, so we should probably take the ancient discussion elsewhere.

really want Billy the goat, especially since Mumsy said that she and Billy will catch up with them(quotes when you win a match in the Gorge event). If not Billy, then I would like to see a completely new character, like maybe one from another world?

4 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

And then there's the ancient fuelweaver, A vertebrate instead of an invertebrate, an entirely different body structure, and horns that are only depicted on masks. meaning that either Ancient biology was insanely varied, or they were extremely inclusive.

700?cb=20170324214618

I think that the ancients were indeed not one homogenized race but a lot of different species under the same rule. You can see this clearly in the murals where there are clear traits particular to each species. 

The ancient statues are indeed different from the atrium ones and if you ask me the most truthful form is probably the atrium ones after the devs kinda figure out their animalistic origin after the metheus puzzle. I mentioned that the normal ancient faces could be wearing masks as we normally see mages and chamans often do but ofc this is speculation on my part. 

As for the Ancient Fuelweaver, remember that the ancient fuelweavers' body is not what it looked like in life. Most characters remarks signal a disconnect between mind and body in their quotes and also the fuelweaver itself. We cannot draw any conclusions as of previous form from fuelweaver cuz the fossils and heart are only a conduit NOT the actual form. 

I'd like for there to eventually be a ghost character. Like Abigail, maybe? Or a new sweet ghosty boo. Lunar Ghost? 
No inventory or hunger, high health and decent sanity, AOE ghost attack, retreats into a "heart" object at zero health and must be "revived" from it by another player. Ghostly stats for night/day/moon phases/eclipse. Could be uniquely resistant to attacks from nightmares but not able to attack them - only draw aggro for other players, or perhaps vulnerable to their attacks but strong against them too. 
It would be fun. 

Archived