Should The New Character Goat Kid ?

I would love to see Billy in DST as a character. It would be kinda hard on the technical side to bring him unchanged due to the hunchback BUT if the devs decided to go with that it would be awesome. Billy with no hunchback wouldn't look as cool. 

Also... I miss Mumsy too 

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I would adore a character with Gorge-Goat aesthetic that brings some of the Gorge cooking mechanics into the game.

Would be an instant buy for sure.

Even if, I insta-buy all DST things.

I think Warly is probs gonna bring some Gorge mechanics... Maybe even a mini food rework... 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

I think Warly is probs gonna bring some Gorge mechanics... Maybe even a mini food rework... 

I've considered the possibility. As much as it wouldn't make sense theme-wise, it makes sense cooking-wise.

It would pretty much completely de-confirm a goat character though.

38 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I would love to see Billy in DST as a character. It would be kinda hard on the technical side to bring him unchanged due to the hunchback BUT if the devs decided to go with that it would be awesome. Billy with no hunchback wouldn't look as cool. 

Also... I miss Mumsy too 

I wonder if the build shop can do ? :D:D That would be nice.

6 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

What would be the perks of the Goat Character?

-is a Goat

-Merms dont attack because they were Goats before Gnaw

-can befriends Merms

-can eat EVERYTHING

-when insane (or hungry), it eats something from inventory

I like all of these ideas. Having someone able to do something new with merms would be really interesting. And the goats-eat-everything mechanic would be amusing and provide a unique gameplay experience, though I'd imagine they wouldn't get much nutrition from, say, rocks or logs, or they'd be too easy to keep fed. And probably it would be wise to limit the uncontrollable eating to not eat really rare items. Would be really frustrating if your goat spontaneously ate your tam o shanter or something.

Honestly, I'm against them adding more non-human characters. I feel like this is going way out of the theme of DS(T), where you play as a (somewhat) normal human in a strange and unexplored dimension. If you want to play as the natural inhabitants of said dimension - there's the Playable Pets mod in the workshop for you.

2 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Honestly, I'm against them adding more non-human characters. I feel like this is going way out of the theme of DS(T), where you play as a (somewhat) normal human in a strange and unexplored dimension. If you want to play as the natural inhabitants of said dimension - there's the Playable Pets mod in the workshop for you.

That seems to be the point though.

The DLC characters aren't relevant to the "main story", for that very reason. They're natives of The Constant/surrounding area.

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

That seems to be the point though.

The DLC characters aren't relevant to the "main story", for that very reason. They're natives of The Constant/surrounding area.

It may very well be the point, but it doesn't necessarily allows them to "fit in". It's cool if we have 1-2 such characters, but the fact that they added Wormwood really shows that's the direction they will be going for. For me, Wormwood feels completely out of the place, like he shouldn't even be here. After all, he is a Hamlet character, and the world of Hamlet is drastically different from the regular Constant. Wormwood doesn't have anything special when it comes to his personality either; he is essentially Webber with a smaller vocabulary. It's similar for the other non-human characters - Wilba's quotes are nearly as proficient as those of a Hamlet pig mob, and Wilbur... well, Wilbur doesn't have a personality whatsoever. 

12 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Wormwood feels completely out of the place, like he shouldn't even be here. After all, he is a Hamlet character, and the world of Hamlet is drastically different from the regular Constant. Wormwood doesn't have anything special when it comes to his personality either; he is essentially Webber with a smaller vocabulary. It's similar for the other non-human characters - Wilba's quotes are nearly as proficient as those of a Hamlet pig mob, and Wilbur... well, Wilbur doesn't have a personality whatsoever. 

Wormwood is out of place. So is Wortox. Wormwood is from the "Moon"/Hamlet while Wortox is from who knows where somewhere beyond the gate. They're not the usual customers, but there are plenty of things like that. Krampus and Klaus, the new mutant creatures, merms—they're not natural things of the Constant, and that's fine.

His personality is simple but calling it an inferior Webber is a bit much Webber is childish, yeah, but Wormwood is truly clueless—he views the world with no pre-set lens, especially in regard to the human world. Wormwood's thing is plants. Webber's is spiders. Pretty big distinction.

As for Wilba, her speech is one of the most unique out there. Once again, yeah it's not full sentences, but that doesn't mean anything. We have a cast of 10+ who speak in full sentences. I'd think that'd be much staler than the handful of one's who don't. Wes doesn't even speak, and I don't see any complaints there. Wortox is also a non-human, and he speaks just fine.

I understand if you don't like non-humans, but these reasons seem a bit silly.

I don't think it's gonna be Billy or Mumsy. They already have an important role during Gorge Event and even if devs will decide to change it during (potential) rerun then someone else would be needed to take their place.

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

His personality is simple but calling it an inferior Webber is a bit much Webber is childish, yeah, but Wormwood is truly clueless—he views the world with no pre-set lens, especially in regard to the human world. Wormwood's thing is plants. Webber's is spiders. Pretty big distinction.

Both Webber’s and Wormwood’s “thing” is naiveness, and even some of their quotes demonstrating it are very similar (i.e. wanting to play with some mobs). They do not comprehend violence very well as both of them are childish (albeit Webber is slightly more adept). Yes, Webber’s “friends” are spiders and Wormwood’s “friends” are plants, but substitute one for another and you get almost identical characters. 

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Wes doesn't even speak, and I don't see any complaints there. 

He doesn’t speak because he is a mime. If Wes was a member of a species of semi-sentient animals-mimes inhabiting the Constant, then yeah, that would be pretty lame.

19 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Wortox is also a non-human, and he speaks just fine.

I have no complaints about Wortox; in fact, I think he has one of the most interesting personalities out there. The difference between Wortox and Wormwood/Wilbur is that Wortox is aware, so-to-say. He has individuality. I’m not really sure how to word this efficiently, but I think you understand what I mean here.

1 hour ago, Alarsin said:

there is only two more new characters remains since Warly is a rework that means that more of the human characters exclusive to DS could  probably come to DST to fix the ratio a bit

26 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

He doesn’t speak because he is a mime. If Wes was a member of a species of semi-sentient animals-mimes inhabiting the Constant, then yeah, that would be pretty lame.

how is that lame? that sounds awesome

Archived