New Characters ?

There were some datamined lines that suggested the next character might be a goat... Or at least that Wortox calls this character a goat

Further than that we can only speculate really. 

29 minutes ago, MrDo said:

Which characters will come after Warly ? 

Do you know ?

Thank You.

BTW... Welcome to the forums 

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

There were some datamined lines that suggested the next character might be a goat... Or at least that Wortox calls this character a goat

Further than that we can only speculate really. 

BTW... Welcome to the forums 

Thanks for answer :)

4 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Nobody knows. Though, Wortox does mention a 'goat kid' in the files.

Thankk you

I wouldn't be suprised if Winnie was added.

Wilba would be nice too but there is a chance that won't happen.

I wouldn't mind at all if it was a new character that we have never seen before. Perhaps someone who is good with an axe.

1 minute ago, MrKoopa said:

Wilba would be nice too but there is a chance that won't happen.

I wouldn't mind at all if it was a new character that we have never seen before. Perhaps someone who is good with an axe.

Winnie would be imo a kinda safe sorta lame option for a new character... If anything I would like Waverly better 

And we already have someone good with an axe... Oh wait... 

d7a9e6c-d427154b-e50e-4500-b8fc-502030636afe.thumb.jpg.4a7c1becfdfbffa656d8705cf0a0201a.jpg

Credit to Htg17 DeviantArt

https://www.deviantart.com/htg17/art/Woodie-440497668

1 hour ago, MrKoopa said:

I can see other unimplemented characters like Waverly, Wallace and Wilton being added but not Winnie. Wasn't she repurposed into Wigfrit? Their designs are very similar. I'd like if the made a whole new Winnie though, peehaps like a little red riding hood'esque character.

Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

I can see other unimplemented characters like Waverly, Wallace and Wilton being added but not Winnie. Wasn't she repurposed into Wigfrit? Their designs are very similar. I'd like if the made a whole new Winnie though, peehaps like a little red riding hood'esque character.

Yeah you are right. Might be too similar to Wigfrid, people might think she is a reskin.

If it is indeed wagstaff that gets brought over to DST it might explain why woody hasn't been worked on yet.

They reworked Willow and Winona, two characters often critiqued for being worse then Wes and being bland respectively. I thought for sure woody was next as no other characters in the game was close to recieving as bad a spotlight as those 3. I thought it was a no brainer that woody was next. Even the polls done for who should be next reflected towards Woody being the next pick.

Maybe after they introduce wagstaff, then they'll think about reworking Woody with Wagstaffs inventions taken into consideration.

35 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

If it is indeed wagstaff that gets brought over to DST it might explain why woody hasn't been worked on yet.

They reworked Willow and Winona, two characters often critiqued for being worse then Wes and being bland respectively. I thought for sure woody was next as no other characters in the game was close to recieving as bad a spotlight as those 3. I thought it was a no brainer that woody was next. Even the polls done for who should be next reflected towards Woody being the next pick.

Maybe after they introduce wagstaff, then they'll think about reworking Woody with Wagstaffs inventions taken into consideration.

I think Wormwood "counts" as new character and Warly as character "rework"... meaning we probably have 2 new characters to go....

tnh I don't get why Woodie isn't next as a rework... but who knows for sure what Klei is gonna do next ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Spoiler
1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think Wormwood "counts" as new character and Warly as character "rework"... meaning we probably have 2 new characters to go....

As long as the other new character isn't a wood gathering centered one, I'm still placing my bets on wagstaff--> woody. If anything having to rework woody will give them time to finish up the last new character as reworking a character is simpler then having to make one from the ground up

waggstaff  , wilbur  , wheeler , wilba and woodlegs are portable to our world i guess they got lot of char to add game first we have to see these charachters than we can talk about news i think

56 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As long as the other new character isn't a wood gathering centered one, I'm still placing my bets on wagstaff--> woody. If anything having to rework woody will give them time to finish up the last new character as reworking a character is simpler then having to make one from the ground up

I think you are a bit confused about character reworks vs new characters. 

Wormwood = new character

Warly = character rework. I guess rework cuz there is gonna be a serious change to him. 

Again. The devs didn't say ALL next new characters are from DS. Only Wormwood and Warly are probably the only ones from single player coming to dst in the Return of Them. 

I already do consider wormwood a new character, as will waggstaff since they're both very recent creations

And although they havent said a word, Considering how Waggstaff out of the blue has been the first new character to rein of giants in years, I am very convinced that he will be added to dst. I would consider it unusual to just add a random character to RoG and not reuse those assets as they did with wormwood. Especially someone so important to the lore

Just as with wormwood, it possibly may have just been for testing/treading the waters before releasing to dst

7 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

I already do consider wormwood a new character, as will waggstaff since they're both very recent creations

And although they havent said a word, Considering how Waggstaff out of the blue has been the first new character to rein of giants in years, I am very convinced that he will be added to dst. I would consider it unusual to just add a random character to RoG and not reuse those assets as they did with wormwood. Especially someone so important to the lore

Just as with wormwood, it possibly may have just been for testing/treading the waters before releasing to dst

wagstaff is from dont starve, not RoG (vanilla dont starve / base dont starve / dont starve without dlc)

4 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

wagstaff is from dont starve, not RoG (vanilla dont starve / base dont starve / dont starve without dlc)

Ah good to know.

The point I was making was was simply to point out that he was added to a part of the game that hasn't been touched in years character wise and that it was highly suspect. Thank you for the distinction.

I hope we get billy the goat, although he'd break the W rule and add yet another non human character, which not many people are happy with. Wagstaff sounds like a very likely candidate for lore reasons, although I personally hope he doesn't get ported over, since I find him boring at DS.

As Freya mentioned, hopefully we'll get at least 2 more dlc characters, since warly will be available to everyone for free and considered a refresh.

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

although he'd break the W rule

We don't know Mumsy's and Billy's surnames yet...

for now it's just ____

Or maybe Klei will bring us either Mumsy/Billy as a character as a main-reward ( similiar to forge's item-boss system ) or a very rare gnaw chest drop/weavable

6 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

out of curiosity, does the W rule mean M names are okay aswell?

Well in the case of Maxwell it was solved in the way that "maxwell" is just a stage name, and his actual name is William, which respects the thing.

Maybe as Ivo said, mumsy or billy could be given a W surname to fix that.

Archived