Get a previous version of the game ?

2 hours ago, Electroely said:

I don't believe that this shows that the new content is rushed at all. You can't really judge how hasty a decision may be. You probably weren't in their office when they discussed it.

This is probably the worst argument i heard so far, no disrespect

Regarding the art, the new boat and it's accessories feel a little wonky, the new ocean was just taken from SW, instead of creating something that would fit RoG

2 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

The incredible amount of pettiness displayed to avoid change is almost impressive.

You missed the point, it's not about avoiding change, it's about content that doesn't feel true to the game.

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

On a more serious note, I also think it's a legit complaint that probably now EVERY older world with the original ocean will not work after Turn of the Tides goes official..

I think they might be able to port the current save games to the new world, but that depends on how the new world generation layout is going to turn out

14 minutes ago, Deprecious said:

Regarding the art, the new boat and it's accessories feel a little wonky, the new ocean was just taken from SW, instead of creating something that would fit RoG

i guess it would be nice if the new ocean looked like the old, but there's too many waves on the old, so it wouldnt fit with the boats we have right now.

and i really like that you can be multiple people on one boat.

(it would be too hard to sail with that many waves, and it would be weird if the waves didnt affect the boats)

1 hour ago, Deprecious said:

You missed the point, it's not about avoiding change, it's about content that doesn't feel true to the game.

A very legitimate concern. For now I shall remain undecided, since I won't have time to play or test Wormwood enough to assess the latest content fairly, although I stumbled upon this video this morning where somebody suddenly overcame this exact doubt. Overall it's a nice and well made video, IMHO:

One more month until the summer holidays start and DST will be on my agenda again. :D

I don't follow the "hasty" decision argument at all. They literally pushed back and delayed both DST content/ Character refreshes/ the like as well as Oxygen Not Included's release in order to perfect and properly test what they wanted to add. How does that make it rushed? I suppose you could argue they intended to release things too early or something but they didn't.  Under estimating ones time on a project or task happens to us all, and I can't imagine planning a game is any easier.  Also its in beta branch for a reason, and the Tides updated content I was under the impression wasn't fully there anyway and the Branch only had a small taste. 

The only thing i agree on is that the ocean does look out of place but I can't imagine that is cause for boycotting new content...

My 2 cents take it or leave it.

BUMP, I even sent a ticket to support, no response for almost one week..

Btw, there are now mods on workshop that fix the portrait and the voice font for wormwood, there are people on steam complaining about the new ocean design , but yeah, the current game design direction seems to be fine, nothing to worry about.

I will get a lot of hate for saying this, but mark my words, DST is going to lose a good amount of players with the new update, yes, right now there is a good amount of people being hyped about the new content, but once the update hits, in couple weeks players will start to notice how everything feels off..

steam://nav/console
download_depot <appid> <depotid> [<target manifestid>] [<delta manifestid>] [<depot flags filter>] : download a single depot

AppID is 322330.

Depot IDs
322331 	Don't Starve Together - Windows
322332 	Don't Starve Together - Linux
322333 	Don't Starve Together - OSX

Manifest IDs are on a per depot basis, so you'll have to look for old records of them or use SteamDB to look them up.

https://steamdb.info/depot/322331/manifests/

^ For Windows builds, as an example.

Good luck!

So i want the build from 25 January, the manifest ID is 2624882092648548268, my console command should look like ? 

download_depot 322330 322331 2624882092648548268 ?? ?? 

Later edit, nevermind, i got it

11 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

maybe they are all working to improve their game and leave the unimportant things for later

Oh yeah, i am pretty sure that customer support service is busy fixing compatibility issues and creating new content for the game

3 minutes ago, Deprecious said:

So i want the build from 25 January, the manifest ID is 2624882092648548268, my console command should look like ? 

download_depot 322330 322331 2624882092648548268 ?? ?? 

Oh yeah, i am pretty sure that customer support service is busy fixing issues and creating new content for the game

you think they are EA? the devs have to clean the office after work evry day. no money bro xxxxD jk...

you seem bit aggro. just chill a bit. people are trying to help you.

25 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

steam://nav/console
download_depot <appid> <depotid> [<target manifestid>] [<delta manifestid>] [<depot flags filter>] : download a single depot

AppID is 322330.

Depot IDs
322331 	Don't Starve Together - Windows
322332 	Don't Starve Together - Linux
322333 	Don't Starve Together - OSX

Manifest IDs are on a per depot basis, so you'll have to look for old records of them or use SteamDB to look them up.

https://steamdb.info/depot/322331/manifests/

^ For Windows builds, as an example.

Good luck!

Thanks, helped a lot

A tiny extra thing about the ocean, the ocean feels an empty wasteland since this was just the first update, it seems like the groundworks to test the sailing and general water mechanics. I think it's safe to say that the ocean will start having more content, waves, mobs and dangers in the next updates, so it feels as alive as it does on shipwrecked.

Also, I'm sure someone will mod the old cardboard ocean back after RoT is released, in case klei doesn't make it an option

I disgree with OPs opinion about this expansion making people go away, sure, some will leave, but I think it will inject new life and new players for at least a year or 2. 

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

A tiny extra thing about the ocean, the ocean feels an empty wasteland since this was just the first update, it seems like the groundworks to test the sailing and general water mechanics. I think it's safe to say that the ocean will start having more content, waves, mobs and dangers in the next updates, so it feels as alive as it does on shipwrecked.

Also, I'm sure someone will mod the old cardboard ocean back after RoT is released, in case klei doesn't make it an option

I disgree with OPs opinion about this expansion making people go away, sure, some will leave, but I think it will inject new life and new players for at least a year or 2. 

I am so tired of stating the obvious, but here we go again.

An ocean you could sail would never FIT in the RoG world, no matter how you do it, RoG has a lot of content and all that content was created around the ideal of a world without an ocean, that is why shipwrecked was done in a different world.

The first problem is the current RoG biomes, ( savanna, desert, forest, mosaic, desert, oasis, marsh graveyard, rocky land, deciduos forest, grasslands ) none of these fit being surrounded by an ocean, that is why you don't have any of these biomes in shipwrecked.

Then you have the RoG seasons, i doubt i have to explain anything here, and of course there are many other reasons to why implementing an ocean in RoG world would be bad idea, but i'm too tired of stating the obvious..

@CarlZalph

I managed to download the package but i have a problem

Whenever i try to open the game from the package's folder, it start downloading the latest version into my steam library, then after it is done, it opens the latest version instead of the version from the package

I tried to delete the latest version from the steam apps folder, and replace it with package, but it just crashes

46 minutes ago, Deprecious said:

@CarlZalph

I managed to download the package but i have a problem

Whenever i try to open the game from the package's folder, it start downloading the latest version into my steam library, then after it is done, it opens the latest version instead of the version from the package

I tried to delete the latest version from the steam apps folder, and replace it with package, but it just crashes

The idea is you replace whatever is in the original install location with what the depot downloaded and run the game through steam as normal.

Just note future updates will try to replace things, so you may need to restrict permissions to write in the entire folder from your user's account.

Why is everybody complaining about cardboard oceans! Think of how much money you can save!

Hiring multiple shadow beings to wave around a cardboard wave is pretty costly! Not to mention, there's millions of those guys! You gotta pay them all minimum wage, and that'll total up to trillions of dollars! By cutting out these guys, you save lots of money that can go towards better pig actors and trained stunt doubles!

I see this as an absolute win!

7 hours ago, Deprecious said:

The first problem is the current RoG biomes, ( savanna, desert, forest, mosaic, desert, oasis, marsh graveyard, rocky land, deciduos forest, grasslands ) none of these fit being surrounded by an ocean, that is why you don't have any of these biomes in shipwrecked.

I'm not sure I'm getting this argument. They were already surrounded by an ocean? The cardboard cut out one?

5 hours ago, PixelPizza said:

Hiring multiple shadow beings to wave around a cardboard wave is pretty costly! Not to mention, there's millions of those guys! You gotta pay them all minimum wage, and that'll total up to trillions of dollars!

Wait, you're supposed to PAY them?

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

It IS an ocean. It's no coincidence they decided to go with continental masses sorrounded by water. 

Nope, it's just a background filler to cover the void that shapes and separates the land masses, and yes, it is a coincidence that they went with a cut cardboard ocean as the filler texture, look at the darkness in the caves and the clouds in hamlet.. ask the devs, i'm pretty confident they will confirm this

36 minutes ago, Deprecious said:

Nope, it's just a background filler to cover the void that shapes and separates the land masses, and yes, it is a coincidence that they went with a cut cardboard ocean as the filler texture, look at the darkness in the caves and the clouds in hamlet.. ask the devs, i'm pretty confident they will confirm this

???

Neither the water in Rog nor Hamlet clouds are a coincidence... They are all part if the same world connected by the Worthies... Rog a continental mass... Sw the tropical land across the ocean.... Hamlet in higher ground.... All the same World.. Just different regions

I don't think the textures are a coincidence... I'm pretty sure they had the idea of expanding the dst world with more islands with naval mechanics long time ago.... And the cardboard water was a representation of it... 

Archived