Please add dungeons in the lunar islands and with voice-over narrator like those in the Darkest Dungeons. XD

I don’t think this would fit in with the game. Unless it’s like a hamlet dungeon, but I would hate if they had a voice in it. Especially because none of the characters have real speech. 

Overall I think dst is it’s own game and it should stay that way for the most part. While taking inspiration from other games is alright, I don’t think they should have so much influence that the game starts to feel like something else.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:19 PM, FeagleSnorf said:

I don’t think this would fit in with the game. Unless it’s like a hamlet dungeon, but I would hate if they had a voice in it. Especially because none of the characters have real speech.

Ohmygod, so glad to hear I"m not the only one weirded out by stuff like that.  The first time I heard the custom music channel in Sims 3, I had to immediately disable it in the options because it used ACTUAL MODERN POP SONGS WITH NORMAL VOICES!  At least when Sims 2 used actual current songs, they got the artists into the studio to resing them in Simlish (no kidding, I've seen a clip of Katy Perry doing that for example) and Sims 1 did original songs with soundalikes of some famous singers...again, always all in Simlish.  It's just so _jarring_ when playing a world where normal plain language is just not a thing at all, that when I put in some of my own songs I always make sure to only do instrumentals or songs in foreign languages.

Having a normal voice be _canon_ in Don't Starve (as compared to in a mod, such as the Darkest Forge one, which I also used and it is indeed hilarious) would be akin to suddenly having the Charlie Brown adults NOT go "Bwah wah wah wah waah".  (shudders)  Just ain't right.

Thankfully this isn't going to actually happen, even if Klei IS thanked right on the opening screen for Darkest Dungeon.  : P

20190419150853_1.png.840b0f54b9fcb677a7d57708a37f8f34.png

Yup.  :)

...Notorious

On 6/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, FeagleSnorf said:

Overall I think dst is it’s own game and it should stay that way for the most part. While taking inspiration from other games is alright, I don’t think they should have so much influence that the game starts to feel like something else.

AGREED. DST and DS doesn't need a narrator.

It wouldn't fit the game at ALL!

Archived